Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:53 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,667,285 times

Advertisements

They don't have enough roads to drive and use a cell phone at the same time, airics.

KD: Who are you to tell me what to do? You're not my parent, my spouse, and certainly not God. We have more roads even in a small section of Vegas than you do in all of HI. Have you ever been here, let alone driven in Vegas? Some areas have no stopping/parking sections, and even then, it can be quite dangerous to pull over. I've got enough problems that I don't care to pull over to the side of the 95, 215, or 15 just to make a call, and have some idiot plow into the back of me. That happens often enough on surface streets around here. So, until you meet the above criteria, or strap on a badge and sidearm, peddle your pineapples elsewhere, tourist.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:55 PM

307 posts, read 1,223,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
me too, no cell in hawaii --- so you are saying kd that you do not use a cell while driving?
I never use my cell while driving. I don't even have a cell phone because I am hearing impaired.

Here is a good example of what happened this afternoon:

I was driving west on Russell Road near Rainbow. There was a green car in front of me doing 25 in a 45mph because he was talking on his cellphone. I couldn't pass the green car because there was a semi truck next to me...

Old 04-18-2009, 07:01 PM

307 posts, read 1,223,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
They don't have enough roads to drive and use a cell phone at the same time, airics.

KD: Who are you to tell me what to do? You're not my parent, my spouse, and certainly not God. We have more roads even in a small section of Vegas than you do in all of HI. Have you ever been here, let alone driven in Vegas? Some areas have no stopping/parking sections, and even then, it can be quite dangerous to pull over. I've got enough problems that I don't care to pull over to the side of the 95, 215, or 15 just to make a call, and have some idiot plow into the back of me. That happens often enough on surface streets around here. So, until you meet the above criteria, or strap on a badge and sidearm, peddle your pineapples elsewhere, tourist.
I m not telling you what to do. I am giving you my advice, mod cut: personal attack removed!!! I have seen too many drivers spending thier time on cellphone while driving. They were NOT pay attention to the road. Your PRIMARY responsible is to PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!!!!!!Period. Put your cellphone away and turn it off! Apparently you think cellphone is more important than driving/paying attention to the road. I am sorry dear but you're DEAD wrong!!! Don't even let your eyes off of the road and look up the numbers to see who's calling because that's very very dangerous. I live in Vegas for a long time and do know about the roads in Vegas. I ain't stupid....

This website should give you an education:
Cell phones as dangerous as drunk driving | News Blog - CNET News

Mod interpose: This could be a beneficial thread but the personal attacks have got to stop. A constructive debate can take place on this subject but there have been too many personal attacks in this thread that it's now being sidetracked. We're temporarily closing it for a cooling off period. Thanks.

Last edited by scirocco22; 04-19-2009 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas