Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:30 AM

14 posts, read 67,867 times

Advertisements

Wow you all are right. I shouldn't have posted anything. I really didnt realize what this place really was. I came to this site because i was looking on insite other than my husband's family who live in the area. -Husband was bolded not because i am an idiot which some of you are assuming but to remind those of you who thought i was a gold digger or a potential stripper that i was married-. I thought i would be getting responses from people who have insite on the area and or have moved with family before. I guess my post only attracted the pathetic individuals who have nothing better to do with their lives besides belittle people, with the exception of those who actually posted useful things. Thats awesome. if that is what you want your life to mean then go right ahead, as i imagine you would.

Last edited by JAYRAE12; 08-20-2009 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: mispelled...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,030,032 times
you are just upset because you didn't receive the answers you wanted to hear.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:20 AM

418 posts, read 1,350,616 times
You can never fix your life by running away ..
A new town with children will be more than most can handle
Changing towns will not change the need to pay bills
I am guessing .. at least your parents can give some help with the children
If you are angry at your life..
The best revenge is to do well.
Get to the community college
It may be cheaper

Moving may create more problems .. of a legal nature .. with your current husband and visitation

Last edited by Eyes; 08-20-2009 at 10:34 AM..

Old 08-20-2009, 11:42 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,086,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYRAE12 View Post
I guess my post only attracted the pathetic individuals who have nothing better to do with their lives besides belittle people
Um, NO. If a bunch of strangers countinue to give you essentially the same response perhaps there's something to it.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
Um, NO. If a bunch of strangers countinue to give you essentially the same response perhaps there's something to it.

So what your telling me is that people who dont know me are correct in saying that i shouldnt be allowed to have children, i am a failure in life and so on..interesting..

Old 08-20-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
The comment was not well-worded, but you initial inquiry is silly. Think about it: you're a 23 year old (soon to be) single mother of 3 young children with little in the way of Education, skills and work experience. Asking if you should move cross country to one of the areas that has been very hard hit and hope to 'start a new life' makes those of us who read your question think you don't have a good grasp on reality.

Without knowing you personally, my guess would be that your plan is to find a sucker to support you and your children. I don't say this to be cruel or mean spirited, but based on the fact that I've seen other women in your position do this and (in some respects) it's a good option for you.

when did i say i was a single mother. i said that i was married are you familiar with what that means or should i explain that to you. i posted that we were seperate and we are back together now, again that doesnt mean single. are you even reading it or are you just posting things. i am not single i have been married since 2004, me and my husband have been living together for over a year now we've been working things out for over 2. what exactly was silly about my post? the fact that you misunderstood it. yeah that was silly

Old 08-20-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
you are just upset because you didn't receive the answers you wanted to hear.

I'm not upset i am just annoyed that people can form opinions without all the facts i told enough about myself to give an broad picture of my situation. I'm not on welfare and i am not a stripper. I have been moving jobs but starting since i was 17. I graduated from high school earlier b/c my parents did see a point in continuing when i already met all the graduation requirements. i havent graduated from college because i kept switching majors to try and satisfy my parents.

The feedback i wanted to hear was posted. I wanted to know what people who have been through the similiar situations thought not what people thought of me personally. i am very happen with the fact that i have 3 beautiful and healthy children and it doesnt matter that other people dont agree with that. i am very lucky that i do have a spouse that is there for me. we split up because we were young, married with 3 kids.

so like i said before, i dont really care what people may say but i am going to address the rude comments. im not going to just sit back without questioning them.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:58 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,529,332 times
Yours is an eternal story...has happened many times over...and will so in the future. Would you choose the life you lead for any of your own children when they become adults? This story ends the same way 99% of the time. It really takes a special effort (and not just moving) to reverse it's course. I know this from personal experience. We are just trying to impart some wisdom.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:31 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,343,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYRAE12 View Post
when did i say i was a single mother. i said that i was married are you familiar with what that means or should i explain that to you. i posted that we were seperate and we are back together now, again that doesnt mean single. are you even reading it or are you just posting things. i am not single i have been married since 2004, me and my husband have been living together for over a year now we've been working things out for over 2. what exactly was silly about my post? the fact that you misunderstood it. yeah that was silly

You're right; I am not familiar with what being married means. Please explain.

You said you and your husband were separated. When you say 'we're trying to build a family again,' it can be seen as a new family with just you and your children or you, your children and your husband. I interpreted the former, as you mentioned your separation explicitly but did not explicitly mention that you were trying to reconcile with your husband.

What's silly (given my initial take) is that your situation does not seem plausible. You have, essentially, nothing in the way of Education and presumably work experience and valuable skills as well. This is reasonable, as you have 3 kids to care for. The Economy is NV is very weak right now, particularly in and around LV given the dependency on discretionary spending. There is strong evidence that your move to Henderson will be very unsuccessful (professionally) and no evidence that you'll do well by moving. As mentioned, your qualifications are minimal and you have major personal obligations to tend to. In addition, the weak Economy forces people to move down the job chain, such that people taking average jobs have above average qualifications. You would be a weak candidate.

If I took your situation to be wanting to move to Henderson with your children but without your husband (which is plausible), you can see why I consider this proposal silly. It would be completely impractical. According to my quick count, the responses to your initial inquiry were 80-90% negative. Clearly, I am not the only person who thinks moving to Henderson in search of 'a new life' would be a stupid thing to do.

Based on my assumption (moving there as a divorced mother of 3), my suggestion that maybe you were hoping to find someone to help you with your situation is understandable (albeit harsh). My assumption may have been wrong, but I already explained where it came from.

The unfortunate part is that the negative responses are the good responses. Those of us telling you not to move are giving you GOOD advice. I don't know you or anything about you that was not revealed on this thread, but I gave an honest answer based on my interpretation of your situation. There is no reason to question my intelligence by asking whether or not I know what marriage is.

Last edited by LIS123; 08-20-2009 at 05:41 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,070,909 times
Yes, you got some harsh replies but honestly I think everyone was trying to tell you Vegas isn't easy for someone with 3 very young children and no job skills. You would be paying more in daycare than you most likely would be able to bring in. And that's if you could find work at all. It's very competitive out there. We have PHD's driving cabs for a living. Could you compete with college grads for those just above minimum wage jobs?

At least in Iowa you have family. A support system and someone who could watch the kids at least once in a while. You know people who could help in a pinch. You would have none of that in Vegas.

What if one of your kids should get sick? Can you afford health insurance for 4 people plus a car, rent, insurance, food, utilities, and daycare on that barely above minimum wage job? Unless you are printing your own money, the answer is no.

Vegas is a fun place to live if your life and your finances are in order. It's no more fun to be poor in Vegas than it is anywhere else. I would much prefer Vegas to Iowa. I've lived through Minnesota Winters enough years to know what it's like. But it doesn't sound like you are ready to leave home and go out on your own. If you just have to try it, arrange for your parents to take the kids for a month and come to Vegas and check it out. See for yourself if you can find a job that will pay what you need to make it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: