Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 01:19 PM

14 posts, read 67,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes View Post
You can never fix your life by running away ..
A new town with children will be more than most can handle
Changing towns will not change the need to pay bills
I am guessing .. at least your parents can give some help with the children
If you are angry at your life..
The best revenge is to do well.
Get to the community college
It may be cheaper

Moving may create more problems .. of a legal nature .. with your current husband and visitation

There is no visitation we live together now.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:45 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYRAE12 View Post
Do we really have to go through this again. I said "we are trying to start a family". I can understand that it may come across that i meant me and my children but i didnt. I meant my kids, me and my husband. Thats not flakey, thats not understanding what i wrote.
Please let me try and clear this up for you once and for all. You and your husband had already started a family, as you have 3 kids together. You then separated from your husband, but you are now attempting to reunite with your husband and rebuild the family you once had together.

Is this correct?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:51 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
I havent thought about daycare because i am not a single mother. my husband keeps our kids when i am at work which wouldn't change with a new zip code. My daughters are to young for daycare and my son is in kindergarten. Maybe I should not have mentioned that we were seperated because no one seems to understand what my point was. I was trying to stress the fact that we were seperatd but we've reconciled and we are trying to start a life together as a family.
You may still need to think about some sort of daycare. If you want to survive with even the basics, you will need both of you working. You really need to think about a move with no job lined up, no substantial amount if savings (I'm guessing), no family near by to fall back on, and not to mention a relationship already with problems.

Your best bet is to stay where you are and work on your family and careers. Then down the line when the economy turns around, you have a enough saved up and you know for sure your relationship is stable. Then you can make a sound decision on whether you should relocate to Vegas or any other city.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Please let me try and clear this up for you once and for all. You and your husband had already started a family, as you have 3 kids together. You then separated from your husband, but you are now attempting to reunite with your husband and rebuild the family you once had together.

Is this correct?

That is correct. I had a friend read what i wrote and i can see why people are assuming that when i said we are trying to start a family again they just assumed me and the kids. I know what i was trying to say so when i re-read it I couldn't understand where people were getting that.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 AM

395 posts, read 1,081,533 times
Quote:
That is correct. I had a friend read what i wrote and i can see why people are assuming that when i said we are trying to start a family again they just assumed me and the kids. I know what i was trying to say so when i re-read it I couldn't understand where people were getting that.
To the OP, I'd stay in Iowa. If you can't find a job in Iowa what makes you think one will just fall into your lap here? I can't say a 5 year freshmen at the Univ of Phoenix is much of a draw on a resume. If I were you I'd quit the college life because it obviously isn't working and you are just wasting your money (or worse getting into thousands of dollars in debt for no reason)...

You also say earlier that you had a kid at 17 and you didn't want to have an abortion to fix it, but you neglect to realize that there was a preventative measure prior to that. You aren't taking responsability for your actions and your response to all this is to run away to Las Vegas were you "don't like the strip, except for at night". Just so it is clear, without a job, or even with a well paying job, with 3 kids in Vegas you won't be enjoying the strip during the day or at night.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekwars2000 View Post
To the OP, I'd stay in Iowa. If you can't find a job in Iowa what makes you think one will just fall into your lap here? I can't say a 5 year freshmen at the Univ of Phoenix is much of a draw on a resume. If I were you I'd quit the college life because it obviously isn't working and you are just wasting your money (or worse getting into thousands of dollars in debt for no reason)...

You also say earlier that you had a kid at 17 and you didn't want to have an abortion to fix it, but you neglect to realize that there was a preventative measure prior to that. You aren't taking responsability for your actions and your response to all this is to run away to Las Vegas were you "don't like the strip, except for at night". Just so it is clear, without a job, or even with a well paying job, with 3 kids in Vegas you won't be enjoying the strip during the day or at night.

So can you explain how you are getting that i am not taking responsiblity for my actions as far as having children? Do you really think that is a far statement to make not knowing me? I think that everyone should steer clear of commenting on my parenting abilities and my choices as far as they are concerned. If you wanna comment on my job experience, my marriage, family relationships or schooling feel free. Im not really listening 100% because i understand most of this doesn't really apply because you dont know where i work, how long i've been there, why i moved aroudn in school or anything really about my relationships.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:27 AM

418 posts, read 1,349,445 times
I would suggest .. you do move to the Las Vegas Valley ..

BUT ONLY ... if you both have jobs to come to.

The stress of not working and job hunting may break any progress you and your husband have made in your getting back together. Any move is stressful. Seven thousand dollars in savings is very impressive. The problem is it will be gone in less than 90 days .. housing .. food.. vehicle costs .. health and life insurance will eat it in no time.
2 cars can easily run $500. or more for registration. Will your auto insurance go up or down?
Deposits on your utilities and your living accommodations .. maybe another $1000. or more.
You will have no income during the move.
There is no guarantee that you will find jobs on different shifts that negates child care costs.

If you can cover all your costs .. DO IT !!!
Just remember your childrens welfare must always come first.

... Best of luck to you all ..

Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,420 times
Without the social commentary, here's what I think about your original question. Your best plan of action would be to spend some time in Henderson, visit nearby schools, and ask some of the local parents what they think of the place. Listen to what they have to say, and make your determination from that. Remember though, ANY PLACE can look good when you're trying to escape another. Will your kids have playgrounds and parks to visit? Will they be in a neighborhood that supports them, or one that can lead them astray? You're the parent, you have to do your homework. Good luck.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:35 PM

7 posts, read 49,447 times
Jayrae12, You sound very mature to me. My advice is to have a heart to heart talk with your parents. Express to them your feelings and tell them you need them! Ask them for help. In their eyes you have made some poor choices. Whether you go to school full-time or work you will need babysitters. I suggest staying in Iowa, finding a trade for now, such as hairdressing as you can do that anyway. If you choose to continue in college, after that, would be better. good luck. Remember, only do something for the "right" reason. And never run from something always glide towards something.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:53 PM

792 posts, read 1,302,177 times
Short and to the point....Before you seek a new or better life in Henderson, Vegas, or any other Southest city, check out the economy of that area. Unemployment, foreclosure statistics, are just a few for starters. If you and or your significant other have extended family, where you are, appreciate it....You are gonna do what you are gonna do......think real hard about this decision....it could one of those decisions you live to regret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: