Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times

Advertisements

tried to rep you again snow but gotta spread the stuff around first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i think the equation has 2 parts. one is availability of jobs,
other is employability of the individual.
huge mass of unemployable people out there-- 85% of that issue is stinky stinky attitude.
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the people who live here (although LV has more than it's share of riff raff). The economy truly is dismal here. You can't blame it on attitude when you look at indicators such as plunging state tax revenue. Some of you seem to be in total denial of the state of the economy.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:40 PM

366 posts, read 1,213,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowlife View Post
Why? We all pity you
Look at my post you quoted. You ignored the fact that you got called out by several people on your BS claims. Your lies and exaggerations are outlandish, especially when you straight up said you make more than 100k/year working the "local gaming bar scene". LOLOLOL

I do work in the industry, have a great job and because I am great at what I do, young, good-looking, and well connected, I could get other GREAT jobs in the industry if I wanted to, and am fairly well versed on whats out there.I know quite a few people who do surprisingly well as Bartenders/cocktail waitresses working local joints, but NONE do that well. I know what people make around town, so unless you hold down two of these jobs full-time, are skimming off the top, and robbing the safe every few weeks, YOU ARE LYING.
STRAIGHT UP LYING. To a kid who could base a move across country on your BS; you should be ashamed of yourself.

Or maybe I'm wrong;
Name these 8-10 jobs you say are hiring right now that make between 40-50k/year.
Name all the retail jobs you say are hiring at NewYork NewYork right now, since you say there are "plenty".
And mention where you work, because I'm sure myself and a few of the other posters will probably know someone who works there and be able to ask them if "Joe the Gaming Bar Scene Guy" pulls in 6 figures.

Hahaha I'm kidding. I know you can't do any of that, so just stop deceiving people, its irresponsible and insulting.
I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I dont tell you I make 100K a year to impress you but just to impress upon you that in the right gaming bar out here it is very easy to make up to 6 figures. Once again I will ask you....do you work in a gaming bar? Because if you do you will know that it is a very common practice for your locals to tip you 10% or higher when they have a signifigant win on video poker/keno/slots. Joe Blow hits a $2 royal flush for $8000 and pushes a $800 tip across the bar. It is common practice. $1200 nights are not that uncommon in the right place with the right people. Next time you are in a busy PT's on a friday /Saturday night between 9pm and 4am just take a glance on the rail of the bar and take a quick count of some of the tips on there. More often than not you will see between $50-$80 an hour going into the bartenders bucket. I have been in the industry 10 years now. A lot of them with PT's and the last 2 years at a popular gaming bar in the southwest. Just did my year end totals and wound up coming to $515 a shift for the year. Dont get me wrong...I know this may not be the norm. Our bar does very well. The overweight balding guy slinging drinks at PT's on Nellis or Putters in the ghetto is not going to do as well obviously. Just dont be so blind as to what is out there. I am still in contact with may people from PT's and other gaming bars who all easily make 80K or more. It is a great gig if you can land one. Im now done ranting. If you ever find yourself driving down the 215 near Decatur-Jones-Rainbow in the southwest on a weekend grave and are in the need of a cold drink , some of the best bar food in town and some great company then pop your head into one of the couple bars in that area and you might find me. Good luck to you in everything you do.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:54 PM

369 posts, read 1,095,857 times
Joe... in the service industry there is it just like here... where you have to "KNOW" somebody to get a decent job?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:03 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,945,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adolpho View Post
Worst umeployment besides MI. No trabajos hoy o mañana.
no worst unemployment is yuma az and el centro cal. now that is bad. 30%

Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowlife View Post
Why? We all pity you
Look at my post you quoted. You ignored the fact that you got called out by several people on your BS claims. Your lies and exaggerations are outlandish, especially when you straight up said you make more than 100k/year working the "local gaming bar scene". LOLOLOL

I do work in the industry, have a great job and because I am great at what I do, young, good-looking, and well connected, I could get other GREAT jobs in the industry if I wanted to, and am fairly well versed on whats out there.I know quite a few people who do surprisingly well as Bartenders/cocktail waitresses working local joints, but NONE do that well. I know what people make around town, so unless you hold down two of these jobs full-time, are skimming off the top, and robbing the safe every few weeks, YOU ARE LYING.
STRAIGHT UP LYING. To a kid who could base a move across country on your BS; you should be ashamed of yourself.

Or maybe I'm wrong;
Name these 8-10 jobs you say are hiring right now that make between 40-50k/year.
Name all the retail jobs you say are hiring at NewYork NewYork right now, since you say there are "plenty".
And mention where you work, because I'm sure myself and a few of the other posters will probably know someone who works there and be able to ask them if "Joe the Gaming Bar Scene Guy" pulls in 6 figures.

Hahaha I'm kidding. I know you can't do any of that, so just stop deceiving people, its irresponsible and insulting.

Your post was awesome Snow, gave ya' a rep!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 PM

91 posts, read 270,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
tried to rep you again snow but gotta spread the stuff around first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Your post was awesome Snow, gave ya' a rep!
Thanks guys, I'm glad some of the regular posters here are smart enough to be able to read through the BS posts

Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 PM

366 posts, read 1,213,184 times
I guess I should be flattered.....Kinda like when everyone thinks a guy is on sterroids when he is not....He just looks THAT GOOD!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,865,564 times
I find it hard to believe that locals are gambling as much and tipping as much during this economic downturn. Maybe if the clientele was almost exclusively retirees I could believe it, because their incomes would be more stable, but locals are cutting back on everything, and gambling and drinking and dining out would be one of the first items of discretionary spending people cut out.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 PM

67 posts, read 103,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
Do ANY of you look in the srevice industry? I could name 8-10 places hiring right now where after your hourly and tips you can make between 40-50K a year. This city revolves around the service industry. Maybe I am aware of thee jobs more than the average Joe on here because I work as a bartender in the industry and I hear about them on a weekly basis. Good Luck to all looking for work.

oh??? Could u please let me know, I am a server/ bartender of 13 years, and are planning on going to Vegas on the 23rd of this month for a month to seek employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: