Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM

7 posts, read 13,340 times

Advertisements

I heard they are possibly building a new Wegmans on Rte 100, right where Gehman Rd intersects? Please someone tell me it's the truth!?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM

889 posts, read 2,575,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shi-Momma View Post
I heard they are possibly building a new Wegmans on Rte 100, right where Gehman Rd intersects? Please someone tell me it's the truth!?!?!
I'm suspicious of that. Where Wegmans builds new stores is closely watched in the commercial RE industry, they maintain a list on their website of 'announced' locations. There are only two new announced locations in PA, Malvern (a suburb 25 miles west of Philadelphia) and King of Prussia.

FAQs Detail | Wegmans - About Wegmans

Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 AM

19 posts, read 48,749 times
Allentown is my least favorite and I don't like being in a crowded place, so I go to one in Nazareth on weekday mornings. The Nazareth store has a checkout aisle for the handicapped which is wider.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 AM

69 posts, read 359,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
perhaps i was a bit hasty. i forced myself to go back and it was still overcrowded and i felt as if someone would run me over if i stood between them and their humus bar...but wigmans does have good prepared food. i got some great meatballs and their chinese food is amazing. it's expensive, but it was worth it. i also took my cart to that little checkout place next to the chinese area, so i didn't have to go through the tiny checkout aisle. i think i'll go back again, but just stick to the prepared foods section. i've found nothing of value in the rest of the store.

You should check out the Wegmans in Collegeville. Personally I think that store is the best Wegmans to date! it's like disneyworld inside that store! They have so many improvements over the Allentown store. You can easily spend a whole day shopping at that store. You should check it out.

BTW, they have plenty of space in and around the isle's and at the checkout.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:19 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
I love Wegman's, and I only wish that there was one nearer to me. I live within a 2-mile radius of a Giant, Harris-Teeter, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Safeway, and Bloom (some of those are regional chains), but the Wegman's is about a 20-minute drive for me out in Sterling, Virginia (and with the congested traffic here you just don't go out of your way to shop!)

The Wegman's in Wilkes-Barre is very nice. They have awesome buffalo chicken and bleu cheese pizza!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:07 AM

19,528 posts, read 9,546,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I love Wegman's, and I only wish that there was one nearer to me. I live within a 2-mile radius of a Giant, Harris-Teeter, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Safeway, and Bloom (some of those are regional chains), but the Wegman's is about a 20-minute drive for me out in Sterling, Virginia (and with the congested traffic here you just don't go out of your way to shop!)

The Wegman's in Wilkes-Barre is very nice. They have awesome buffalo chicken and bleu cheese pizza!

Know that there's a Wegman's opening Nov 8th in Leesburg, VA.
That one will be closer to us than driving down to Sterling.
Can hardly wait!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsynative View Post
Yep, you are the only one freaked out by Wegmans! While it's not the only place I shop, I enjoy some of the offerings they have that you can't find elsewhere and the prepared foods section can't be beat for taste. Talk about a crazy store....Walmart.....ugh. Every time I visit one (which I try not to do more than twice a year) there are people there with pajamas on and rollers in their hair. They are swearing up a storm and people are driving around the parking lot like a bunch of lunatics trying to find a space. I guess that's why there are so many retailers...everyone likes a different type of place.
You got that right! Different strokes for different folks.
Sometimes I can find stuff in Walmart, other times I go to Martin's [a subsidiary of Giant, so I'm told]. Love the Ciabetta (sp?) rolls with olive oil that ya just pop in the toaster oven. I don't normally pay too much attention to the other patrons in stores, unless they really stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe it's the times I go there but only noticed couple times that someone was wearing something similar to pj's. Haven't quite seen the hair in rollers patrons. Like the sandwiches that you can get at Weggie's. I'm a NY transplant tho so I'm pretty much familiar w/ the store.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
I LOVE Wegman's - it is the best grocery store ever!

I will admit that the check out isles are tight, but in my opinion, it's worth it - their food is fabulous, and I can find everything I need at Wegman's. I use their caterere often as well.

At least I can easily get to the restroom from any location without practically rubbing into patrons in the checkout lines like at Costco.
I wish they would devote one aisle area to get from the products area to the restroom where I wouldn't have to compete for openings to get through. The checkouts that aren't opened are usually blocked. I've noted this on several visits to Costco but this far have not seen any improvement.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:53 PM

14 posts, read 60,984 times
Go through the checkout with the handicapped sign, if you can - it's a lot wider.
I avoid Wegmans on weekends and lunchtime. I like it that when there gets to be a line they open another checkout. I agree though, there are plenty of rude people who shop there and cut you off as if you were less important. That's why I shop there in the AM or later in the evenings.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 AM

381 posts, read 1,366,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin2Maine View Post
You should check out the Wegmans in Collegeville. Personally I think that store is the best Wegmans to date! it's like disneyworld inside that store! They have so many improvements over the Allentown store. You can easily spend a whole day shopping at that store. You should check it out.

BTW, they have plenty of space in and around the isle's and at the checkout.
In June they opened one in Fredericksburg, Va (where I presently live). The manager there told me it was their biggest Wegman's built so far. It is HUGE. It looks like a mall from outside. Love it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley