Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 AM

21 posts, read 70,456 times

Advertisements

Ok, I am from CO and I live in an area so rural that it is hours to the nearest town with a chain store of any kind. I am absolutely fascinated by Wegmans reading here - is there one anywhere near E-Town? We are flying to Baltimore tomorrow and are going up to PA on a look see at two properties there that are for sale, one near E-Town and one in the Pocono's. Would love to check out a Wegmans while there, sounds absolutley fascinating and wonderful. (remember, the only store in the town nearest to us is the coop food store which is about the size of your house and thirty minutes away)! I am excited to see and experience all this 'culture'. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 03:18 PM

889 posts, read 2,575,635 times
Assuming E-Town = Elizabethtown, then yes there is one on in the western Harrisburg suburbs, it's new (one or two years old), it's a bigger one, and it's nice: Locator Detail | Wegmans - Wegmans Harrisburg

Driving from Elizabethtown to the Poconos, you could stop in the Allentown, Bethlehem, Scranton or Wilkes-Barre location. If you go past or near Collegeville, (Rt 422 and Rt 23, western suburbs of Philly), go to the Collegeville location, it's very new (open a few weeks) and has a pub & restaurant inside the store.

All PA stores: Store Locator | Wegmans

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM

14 posts, read 60,984 times
I heard this is going to be a Weis Kings if you're talking about the area just north of Tilghman.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:54 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsynative View Post
Yep, you are the only one freaked out by Wegmans! While it's not the only place I shop, I enjoy some of the offerings they have that you can't find elsewhere and the prepared foods section can't be beat for taste. Talk about a crazy store....Walmart.....ugh. Every time I visit one (which I try not to do more than twice a year) there are people there with pajamas on and rollers in their hair. They are swearing up a storm and people are driving around the parking lot like a bunch of lunatics trying to find a space. I guess that's why there are so many retailers...everyone likes a different type of place.
LOL @ the Walmart comment!

The sad thing is, Im so used to that I just chuckle and keep walking...sometimes we'll go to Wally World just to people watch..

Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 AM

19,528 posts, read 9,546,813 times
This weekend, going to check out NEW Wegman's that opened in Leesburg, VA [sometime around 1st week of Nov?]. See how it compares to the one further south in the Dulles area.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:05 PM

36 posts, read 106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
I normally go to the super walmart on Hamilton ave in allentown, but recently I went to the wegmans on Tilghman. Man, what a crazy place! The place makes me feel like a giant. I swear their parking spaces are smaller than normal. The whole joint is crowded and the isles aren't very big, so people are almost always crashing into each other with their carts and it's like a maze to get from the grocery store, through the organic section, through the deli, through the fish area, through the asian food area, etc. And then I noticed people going upstairs..what?!?! When I chcked out my cart barely fit in the check out isle. What's up with this place? It's a freak show. I'll stick to sam's club, thank you.
I have to admit to being quite amused by your post. The Walmart on Hamilton Blvd. is just as crazy as the Wegman's, just with a very different crowd. I would never set foot in there anymore. At least at Wegman's you are getting better quality food and much friendlier employees. I do most of my shopping at Weis since it is pretty close to me and the lines at Giant are way too long.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:29 PM

21 posts, read 70,456 times
I am planning to move to the area, and out here we do not have Wegmans. So I have to admit when I flew into Baltimore last week for business, I scheduled enough time to taxi out to a Wegmans. I loved it! We only have superstores out here or little ma and pop stores that are not great. I fell in love - I know the aisles are small and it was crowded - but I had a blast. Made my trip. So thanks for sharing - if/when I can find a place to purchase out there, Wegmans is my shop of choice. I also went to a Pennsylvania Dutch store and bought bread. That was cool too - but not as neat as Wegmans.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 PM

889 posts, read 2,575,635 times
Which Wegmans did you go to?

Old 12-18-2009, 05:18 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times
Cocaco, How funny that you were inspired to visit Wegmans by a thread titled, "Am I the only one freaked out by Wegmans?" I made a special trip to Wegmans yesterday to get ice cream for my neighbor. She loves the store brand Vanilla and Pistachio so I got her 2 gallons. Of course then I spent another $60 getting some other stuff. Clementines - $3.99 a box!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley