Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times

Advertisements

Laredo drive (along the Tates Creek Library) used to be a farm field until duplexes were built. The original plan was to develop a nice neighborhood and not a college annex for student housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:30 AM

969 posts, read 2,820,359 times
I remember how heavily wooded that land was. When I moved here in 1985, Tates Creek went to only 2 lanes at Redding Road. The clubhouse for those apartments on Redding Road behind Waffle House was an old run down farmhouse.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:37 PM

844 posts, read 2,101,984 times
No worse than the rest of this town.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,151,624 times
My wife and I just moved to Lexington 3 months ago, and we live around the intersection of Man O War and Tates Creek. We have experienced no problems and have seen no threats in our area. When we are outside or traveling in this area and in or close to the areas described in previous posts, we have felt no danger or gut feelings to keep moving.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:58 PM

969 posts, read 2,820,359 times
I think a lot of us old Lexington people just remember that being a much nicer area than it is today. When I came here in 1985, people seemed to view that as the place to be the way Harrodsburg Road is viewed today. None of the areas mentioned scare me either since I frequently have to check the crime map and know that crime happens all over town.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:46 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
My wife and I just moved to Lexington 3 months ago, and we live around the intersection of Man O War and Tates Creek. We have experienced no problems and have seen no threats in our area. When we are outside or traveling in this area and in or close to the areas described in previous posts, we have felt no danger or gut feelings to keep moving.
Yea, they aren't really talking about that area. Tates Creek goes MUCH deeper in than that.

But, as for the topic, yea, Tates Creek has changed. When I was a kid, I used to love going out there to play.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 PM

482 posts, read 845,495 times
I lived close to the Man O War Tates Creek Intersection. I wouldn't call it a dump but definately has gone down hill with no signs of slowing.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 AM

508 posts, read 1,513,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Well, I haven't experienced anything myself either aside from some shady characters trying to ask for me something or making comments during my early morning walks - strangest one around Laredo with the person headed towards the Downing Townhomes.

But like I said I wouldn't make any long-term bets on the area via housing purchases. I'm not saying it will go the way of Cardinal Valley but I'm sure some long-term residents might be disappointed when it comes time to sell.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Yep I used to live off of man o war and gainesway area and boy it sure has gone down hill even since I used to live there in late 2008 -2009 . I love lexington and would love to go back but no jobs there at all hardly unless things have changed drastically . I would move back but dont think husband would because of the decline in the area . I loved gainesway small animal clinic and would still highly reccomend them for anything your pet needs .

Last edited by phonelady61; 09-20-2010 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,573,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yep I used to live off of man o war and gainesway area and boy it sure has gone down hill even since I used to live there in late 2008 -2009 . I love lexington and would love to go back but no jobs there at all hardly unless things have changed drastically . I would move back but dont think husband would because of the decline in the area . I loved gainesway small animal clinic and would still highly reccomend them for anything your pet needs .
No jobs in Lexington? Really? Wow, there's plenty in the classifieds section. Also, the unemployment rate is always low in Lexington, even during the "Great Recession" that started in late 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area