Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:03 AM

4 posts, read 43,266 times

Advertisements

Happy 4th of July!

Are there any Filipino stores or restaurants around Lexington or Georgetown? Any Filipinos in those areas?

My wife and I are looking for a place to retire. Although my wife has been an American citizen for a couple of decades she still likes to cook Filipino food, and I shure do love to eat it. Finding the right ingredients can be a challenge sometimes though.

We're also looking for an active Catholic church in the area. When I say active, I mean they have ongoing community service ministries.

We're still comparing different communities in different states to retire to, but Kentucky, and in particular, Georgetown seems to be a great place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 11:37 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Morrow View Post
Happy 4th of July!

Are there any Filipino stores or restaurants around Lexington or Georgetown? Any Filipinos in those areas?

My wife and I are looking for a place to retire. Although my wife has been an American citizen for a couple of decades she still likes to cook Filipino food, and I shure do love to eat it. Finding the right ingredients can be a challenge sometimes though.

We're also looking for an active Catholic church in the area. When I say active, I mean they have ongoing community service ministries.

We're still comparing different communities in different states to retire to, but Kentucky, and in particular, Georgetown seems to be a great place.

There are a lot more Filipinos in Louisville, but not many relatively speaking. There is a Filipino restuarant in Louisville, and I believe a Catholic Church where Filipinos and definitely Vietnamese go to (St John Vianney). I never knew of a Filipino restuarant in Lexington but someone who lives there may know of a new one. Louisville of course has nearly 100 Catholic churches in the metro, while Lexington has quite a few, probably around 25.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:03 PM

4 posts, read 43,266 times
stx12499

Thanks for the tip on Louisville.

I think the Filipino restaurant there is called Sari Sari.

Louisville is probably a larger city than we are interested in, but we may take a look at Shelbyville also.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 13,921 times
Default new to kentucky

Hi All,

I am totally new to KY and I just want to ask if there's a Filipino Community here in Frankfort. Thanks.

Regards,
Andrew

Old 08-31-2007, 01:39 PM

14 posts, read 121,524 times
There IS a filipino population around the area...sparsely populated...but they're out there. I heard that they have picnics sometimes too...other than that it's a shot in the dark.

You're right BTW about SARI SARI...I saw it oneday when I stayed in Louisville. I plan to get out there in the future to check out the food. I hope it's good. With all this hot weather...I was hoping to find some "Halo Halo", however unfortunately it wasn't on the menu(online)...but it's nice to see a filipino place pop up somewhere.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:34 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cprompt View Post
There IS a filipino population around the area...sparsely populated...but they're out there. I heard that they have picnics sometimes too...other than that it's a shot in the dark.

You're right BTW about SARI SARI...I saw it oneday when I stayed in Louisville. I plan to get out there in the future to check out the food. I hope it's good. With all this hot weather...I was hoping to find some "Halo Halo", however unfortunately it wasn't on the menu(online)...but it's nice to see a filipino place pop up somewhere.
oh its very good. for such a small place, it has made it in southern living magazine:

LouisvilleHotBytes :: View topic - Sari Sari in Southern living and at the top of their game !!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 13,004 times
Thumbs up Try Lexington! Great, welcoming Filipino population

Hi,

I can say that there is a good sized and friendly Filipino population in Lexington, KY. They meet several times a year - the Bluegrass Filipino American Association, Inc. Do a Google search of BFAAI and you'll see some of the group! If you're looking for a Catholic Church, there is a Filipino priest (Noel Zamora) who is a member of BFAAI and who preaches sometimes at Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary off of Tates Creek road in Lexington. My wife is a filipina and YES the food is SUPER GREAT - and there's plenty at our pot-lucks!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 11,072 times
how about any filipino restraunts or stores in the Northern Kentucky area? We just moved here from the Philippines and are looking for both. Thanks for your help!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:11 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary Catholic Church is off of Clays Mill Road in Lexington, not Tates Creek Road/Pike...

Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 8,983 times
Hi.... is there any Filipino community here at Lexington Ky.? Im new here and I would like to know if there is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area