Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 AM

5 posts, read 18,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anynabiddle View Post
Little Rock is dangerous have u seen the latested FBI stats. Little Rock is a more dangerous city than LA, NYC, Dallas, and Houston

You need to go visit Bed Stuy or East NY in NYC. Way more dangerous on a quiet day in NYC than the worst day in LR. It just so happens there are millions of people here that aren't committing a violent crime, thus making the statistics lower. (By the way, lived in LR most of my life. Now living in NYC for 3 years now. I was never attacked or mugged in LR, have been twice up here.) Again, it doesn't matter where you live. It just matters what idiots live near you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 09:01 AM

134 posts, read 370,699 times
Default Never said that

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtallredhead View Post
I agree with yout overall point about people having unrealistic notions about crime there and in other similer places.

however, that also aplies to many big cities, too. Largly, as in Litle Rock, it depends on the neigborhood and also just how one behaves, who one knows, and how much sense one has. But there are no gurenties, either,, and some crime dose happen just about everywhere.
New York city as a whole actually now has a below average crime rate (Much lower then little Rock, Ar in fact.), -it got much better during the 90's under mayor Rudy Giuliani. -NYC still has some very bad neigborhoods, though, but not the city as a whole. Some small towns do have high crime rates. (some, -not most- but some definately do, -I have looked that up right here on city-data.)

-Emil.
Pardon me for your misundestanding, but me saying the bit about try living in other places is to simply a snippet of sarcasm if you will. :-) I know that applies to anywhere because we live in an imperfect world dear...

Old 12-12-2007, 09:04 AM

134 posts, read 370,699 times
Default o ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by anynabiddle View Post
Little Rock is dangerous have u seen the latested FBI stats. Little Rock is a more dangerous city than LA, NYC, Dallas, and Houston
O ok........

Old 12-13-2007, 11:28 PM

27 posts, read 91,508 times
I live in North Central Arkansas and I can say that there is no Little Rock envy here. Ya'll can have your city life. . . I'll take my rural any day and just go visit LR once a year. Nothing wrong with LR. . .just not my cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area