Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 05:45 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
So, there are a lot of Jews there?
Why would you ask such a peculiar question? You need to ask somebody else that question because I don't live in Little Rock and even if I did I don't keep with up with stats like that because they have no effect on my life in kind of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 07:36 AM

471 posts, read 825,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Why would you ask such a peculiar question? You need to ask somebody else that question because I don't live in Little Rock and even if I did I don't keep with up with stats like that because they have no effect on my life in kind of way.
Did you read the definition the link you posted takes one to?

Old 10-05-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Did you read the definition the link you posted takes one to?
Yes I did. Did you not realize that's Europe 75 years ago and irrelevant to Little Rock and this conversation? And did you forget this thread is about Little Rock in 2023?

So, let me ask again since you avoided answering the question I asked yesterday at 6:45pm - why would you ask such peculiar question? It's so bizarre.

Old 10-06-2023, 03:01 PM

23 posts, read 20,164 times
Live in downtown and the area feels safe during the day. Occasionally at night, you'll see beggars walking about and they may ask you for change if you happen to pass one on the sidewalk, but other than that, never felt "unsafe".

West Little Rock is the hot spot now of LR, and it feels even safer. It's in a more upscale or expensive area of town.

North Little Rock, across the river, has a few unsafe areas, such as the Pike Ave. neighborhood, Rose City off Lynch, and Mac Almont near Lakewood. Avoid those if you can. There's nothing on Pike of interest, Mac Almont is mainly a lower income community with nothing of interest, and you can find everything that's in Rose City (and along the rest of all of Broadway west of Simmons Bank Arena) in other areas of the city.

The safest areas in LR proper IMO are Hillcrest/The Heights, West Little Rock (west of Shackleford), the River Market district downtown (just look out for beggars), and Midtown (University, Markham area).

Old 10-06-2023, 04:29 PM

471 posts, read 825,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Yes I did. Did you not realize that's Europe 75 years ago and irrelevant to Little Rock and this conversation? And did you forget this thread is about Little Rock in 2023?

So, let me ask again since you avoided answering the question I asked yesterday at 6:45pm - why would you ask such peculiar question? It's so bizarre.
If it's irrelevant to this thread about Little Rock, why did you reference a link about Europe?

I asked the question about Jews because you posted a link that referenced Jews.

Old 10-07-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
If it's irrelevant to this thread about Little Rock, why did you reference a link about Europe?

I asked the question about Jews because you posted a link that referenced Jews.
You were just trying to start some sch1t when you asked for the definition of the word "ghetto". I'll lay ya 5 people have issues with your comments in nearly every thread you post in. My work is done here. You lost...Good bye.

Old 10-07-2023, 10:03 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,624,710 times
Quote:
What is a ghetto?
A ghetto, as typically referenced in America, is a subregion (typically but not always within a city) characterized as impoverished and often subject to higher than average social problems when compared to the greater region in question.

Old 10-09-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddCanton View Post
I do agree that unfortunately the description of that area is fairly accurate now, but lots of areas have changed, even Reservoir, Rodney Parham just a bit
Agreeing too as I can name 10 areas in just LR and NLR that would classify, in no particular order.

1. Baseline, Geyer Springs) [Domestic assault, breaking and entering, aggressive homeless]
2. Mac Almont [Domestic violence, burglaries, unassuming area]
3. Upper Baseline (omg)
4. Pike Ave. area (better now, after Silver City Courts, the housing project on 18th shut down. Drug and gang activity was rampant in Silver City Court, which spilled throughout the area)
5. Boyle Park (Gun violence, homicides)
6. Chicot [burglaries and domestic assault, unassuming area
7. Battery [houses and vehicles commonly broken into.
8. Roosevelt near the County Jail [traffic from releasees, homeless traffic from The Compassion Center
9. Markham downtown near The Salvation Army. Homeless traffic and it's near impossible if on foot to make it from Ringo to the train station without getting asked for change or to hit your cigarette. No, just take it I'll light another. Bum population in the area can be dense and can flow all the way up to 3rd & Chester in the winter.
10. 12th St. area [Drug activity at Pic-A-Pac Liquor shopping center area, homicide occurred in parking lot in 2019, always people loitering outside and the 6 or so shops in the center don't make them leave.
11: MLK (Saw a carjacking at the Family Dollar in either 2019 or 2020, and heard someone bust a window out a vehicle at 9PM walking down Battery a couple years ago. Probably hot-wired it.

Old 11-07-2023, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I was downtown two years ago for a conference at the Convention Center. I walked all over downtown and over to North Little Rock and the area seemed fine. I night I took a stroll towards the Capitol and one of the hotel staffers pleaded with me to stay close to the hotel/River District. He didnt imply that it was dangerous per se but that it was desolate so IF something were to happen ..his words... "no one will hear you scream"
Luckily, you won't have much if any reason to be on the "west half" of downtown, which is everything west of Broadway, splitting downtown in half vertically. On the top of my head, the only places of interest besides the Capitol are all on 7th (The Box bar, burger & fries, The Weekend Theater, Seventh Street Tattoos, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and The Goodwill Store). At night though, avoid going west of Ringo, as there's a homeless assistance center "Canvas Community" and you'll see them asleep in the middle of the sidewalk in front of the building, and the area reeked of urine. Dropped off an Uber pax at the Canvas building in 2021 and the stench was foul. If you're downtown, 90-95% of the time, you will be somewhere in or near the River Market district. They were right about the area near the Capitol being desolate, especially at night, as there's practically nothing to do besides the aformentioned on 7th St.

Last edited by Calesacult; 11-07-2023 at 04:14 AM..

Old 11-07-2023, 05:53 PM

5 posts, read 2,723 times
It's about as safe as welding without a helmet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area