Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:17 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Green Acres Mall is not in the Village of Valley Stream; it's in the Hamlet of South Valley Stream.
Walter, I fixed it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
Before Walter gives me RF mall is in East Garden City not the village of Garden City. Its tax base helps lower the taxes for the residents of the Village of Garden City so it is part of Garden City.

Since the Roosevelt Field Mall is in the Hamlet of East Garden City and not in the Village of Garden City, none of the property taxes paid by the owner of the Roosevelt Field Mall go to the Village of Garden City nor to the Garden City Union Free School District. The Roosevelt Field Mall does pay property tax to the Uniondale Union Free School District.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:27 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Let me just agree with you and make you happy, okay?

The whole place should be bombed! It's awful! Awful! Awful!

I find it especially HILARIOUS to be debating this subject with someone who RENTS and lives like THIS (pictures included folks on the 2nd post!):

Not sure what to do... (long read)

LOL! Now who has room to be picky about VS when they are a RENTER and they live in THOSE conditions?

Severe need of updating ("Thermostat is broken.. isn't actually wired anywhere(!!), constant leak issues from the upstairs apartment's bathroom, a broken or clogged sump pump, lack of carpet in one room, etc."), several unregistered vehicles on the lawn, garbage strewn all over, "dime bags" with residue of mysterious white powder on the ground ... need I go on?

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. -- Matthew 7.5

OMG! Where does he live? In Mastic. I'd take the worse parts of Southeast Queens over that any day. Those picture are what I think of as the hood.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:30 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Since the Roosevelt Field Mall is in the Hamlet of East Garden City and not in the Village of Garden City, none of the property taxes paid by the owner of the Roosevelt Field Mall go to the Village of Garden City nor to the Garden City Union Free School District. The Roosevelt Field Mall does pay property tax to the Uniondale Union Free School District.

My mistake but I do believe that is considered the Garden City area not the Uniondale area.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:34 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
My mistake but I do believe that is considered the Garden City area not the Uniondale area.
It's in East Garden City ("Garden City, NY 11530" mailing address).

Old 08-02-2010, 03:40 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,829 times
Quote:
OMG! Where does he live? In Mastic. I'd take the worse parts of Southeast Queens over that any day. Those picture are what I think of as the hood.
Really? You'd really take a place on Beach Channel Dr. over Mastic. You either don't get around much or your overly dramatic.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Let me just agree with you and make you happy, okay?

The whole place should be bombed! It's awful! Awful! Awful!

I find it especially HILARIOUS to be debating this subject with someone who RENTS and lives like THIS (pictures included folks on the 2nd post!):

Not sure what to do... (long read)

LOL! Now who has room to be picky about VS when they are a RENTER and they live in THOSE conditions?

Severe need of updating ("Thermostat is broken.. isn't actually wired anywhere(!!), constant leak issues from the upstairs apartment's bathroom, a broken or clogged sump pump, lack of carpet in one room, etc."), several unregistered vehicles on the lawn, garbage strewn all over, "dime bags" with residue of mysterious white powder on the ground ... need I go on?

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. -- Matthew 7.5
You mean, I hold up my end of a contract and try to make the best of it? I know, silly me!

I can't be part of the boys club if I don't circlejerk around and say "OH NO! THAT'S A HAMLET RATHER THAN A TOWN!" and "BUT THAT'S SOUTH VALLEY STREAM NOT VALLEY STREAM!" like it really makes a huge difference.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:04 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,974,680 times
Quote:
Cedarhurst, which is normally a nice neighborhood until new tenants moved in. The situation has since been rectified and everything is now normal. I'm not sure what the point of the linked post was, but it was in bad taste.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
In the worst part of Cedarhurst ... the old as the hills horrible lower middle class/working class homes probably right over by the nasty and smelly industrial areas. He must be one of the few english speakers (no habla ingles???) over there with a bunch of illegal alien day laborers crowded into one of the other apartments the house has been chopped up into by the landlord.

Mastic might be an improvement on that.

Ironically, the Village of Valley Stream definitely would be an improvement. The Village of Valley Stream would NEVER put up with that unregulated, overcrowded rental with leaking pipes, sump pump and junk and cars all over the place.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 08-02-2010 at 04:31 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Guess I missed this.

What block is it? I bet I'm not on it. I'm over by (not on) Cedarhurst Avenue.
That's a LONG Street. Cedarhurst Avenue and what?

And BTW, some of the homes on and around it are definitely crappy little dumps or ramshackle larger places chopped up into day laborer apartments.

Again the Village of Valley Stream would close the place you are living in right down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island