Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:31 PM

19 posts, read 75,852 times

Advertisements

i saw a few postings about questions about it...........
1- no dogs allowed...
2- where is the nearest grocery store, deli, restaurant, blockbuster, hospital?
3- riverhead schools..need i say more?
4-are there any private schools there? where????
5-what is there that is actually desireable

my neice got attached by a dog that some industrial company owned..hmmm
because there are no fences

sorry id rather be elsewhere..which would actually be somewhere

sure you can get a big house but thats about it................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 04:19 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,036 times
Cant help ya with the schools pal....you shoulda went Mattituck/Cutchogue to the East or SWR or Rocky Point to the West

Riverheads a train wreck....especially the HS.

There is a charter school on Sound Ave.

I think a lot of the money in the area send the kids to Mercy (Catholic)
or Stony Brook prep.

As for shopping take Edwards So to 58 and youre right in the heart of Suburban Hell.

Blockbuster Target Bestbuy Starbucks etc.

Good Luck
oh...test and filter your well water.

C

Old 07-15-2007, 04:31 PM

Default baiting hollow stinks

thx for reply. thank god i dont live there. some family just went and had a house build out there for like 500's. its nice but it is one street block in the middle of an old corn field with like 8 homes on it. other than that there is nothing there. i saw a posting that said they would actually consider buying there.
the clincher is that they moved from rocky point.
dont understand the logic there.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:10 PM

Ouch...bad move.

Dont get me wrong....you can get a hell of a lot of house for the money in Baiting Hollow and its beautiful.

We were tempted at one point too but Rocky Point Schools are great and the taxes are relatively low.

You can be waterfront in RP for mid 500s and thankfully theres little or no MCMansions.

Rt 58 in Riverhead is a planning disaster....traffic backs up for Miles.

RP aint perfect...but at least its safe and its going the right direction.

Best

C

Old 07-16-2007, 05:38 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,932,292 times
Baiting hollow is beautiful if you want peace & quiet. Not everyone has school aged children. I'm not a fan of cookie cutter neighborhoods slapped up on sod farms. However there are beautiful farm houses & older homes on big pieces of land. Riverhead has just recently surpassed the urban hell that is the stretch of 25A from Rocky point to the juntion of 347 into Port Jeff station.
Conspicuous consumption loving LIers can't get enough, so Riverhead has built up. It suits me in the rare event I need something from a big box store.
Places like baiting hollow are about nature, relaxing, possibly animal husbandry and/or hobby farming. NOT keeping up with the Joneses.
But it seems like judging what others have is what's done in your family so it wouldn't be good for you.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
Baiting hollow is beautiful if you want peace & quiet. Not everyone has school aged children. I'm not a fan of cookie cutter neighborhoods slapped up on sod farms. However there are beautiful farm houses & older homes on big pieces of land. Riverhead has just recently surpassed the urban hell that is the stretch of 25A from Rocky point to the juntion of 347 into Port Jeff station.
Conspicuous consumption loving LIers can't get enough, so Riverhead has built up. It suits me in the rare event I need something from a big box store.
Places like baiting hollow are about nature, relaxing, possibly animal husbandry and/or hobby farming. NOT keeping up with the Joneses.
But it seems like judging what others have is what's done in your family so it wouldn't be good for you.
You are so right about 25a (Just wait till Tall Grass in Shoreham is built.. ugh!)

I think 347 to Smithtown may even be worse.
(Does anyone remember when 347 was "The Bypass" for 25a?)

You would've thought Riverhead would have learned from Crookhavens greed.

I just hope BH stops with the Mcmansions and saves the farms.
I love going out there.

Best
C

Old 07-16-2007, 07:02 AM

110 posts, read 777,457 times
clamboy, what is (or will be) Tall Grass in Shoreham?

Just curious.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 AM

When Developers Offer Payoffs, Legally - New York Times

Here you go Birdgal

Old 07-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Smile baiting hollow stinks

definately true about school aged kids but when it comes time to sell it, it does matter.
most of the homes being build are 3 and 4 bedrooms so most buyers do have kids and consider the disgusting riverhead district.im in middle island right now. our house is gigantic but there is squat to do out here, schools are decent. i totally regret moving from nassau county. if u go to a good area and are surrounded by good areas you are sure to make a profit if u ever wanted to sell. so many desire the areas out there for the schools and the closeness to NYC where most work. my commute sucks right now...
so we are deciding on seaford, bellmore and maybe massapequa. not too certain which is best. i heard massapequa is iffy..........

Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,115 times
baiting hollow is the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island