U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM
 
15 posts, read 23,074 times
Reputation: 43

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBrodie View Post
I go the same place every time ENPT... I talk to lots of friends who live there. I bet I know more about what is going on in ENPT then you do. I do research before I make moves.

Is it the same research you did before moving to Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
 
15 posts, read 20,240 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massapemom View Post
Is it the same research you did before moving to Florida
Well if you must know I moved to Florida after the passing of my Mother. My Father still had his business and was unable to run it alone. This was not a move because I thought life would be better in Florida

Last edited by AMBrodie; 03-13-2011 at 09:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 08:16 AM
 
1,928 posts, read 3,500,283 times
Reputation: 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
It does suck here, what is so great here....

It's not easy packing up tons of equipment from my business and leaving....

If it was, trust me i would be gone, as soon as i can get that issue worked out, i will be... So many days i kick myself for doing this, and making it so hard to just go....



Why everyone is in denial of what is here is beyond me....It is far from great, unless all you want to do is work, eat and die....

If you can't see reality, and be honest, don't be upset when others do...

Do you know what living is vs what others are saying in this thread as moderate are....
It sounds like it sucks for you, I can assure you it doesn't suck for me. I am happy here and I actually know quite a few other people who are too. You only live once so maybe you should figure out a way to get out of here so you can be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Floral Park, NY
12 posts, read 20,081 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBrodie View Post
We would rather spend more money living in New York. Then live in Florida and save it. There is no one to leave the money too. We are not having children...
Well said! We feel the very same way. Sure, we can pack our bags and run away from the high cost of living in New York but... for what? Misery in a central state? Watch cows tipping? (I kid...well, not really)... You PAY the price to live in New York...We would lead a miserable life elsewhere - and furthermore, dwell in that misery alone (with no family around us). The only family we both have is in New York or my father and aunt in California (LA... go from one economical disaster to another??).

I don't understand why people complain, complain, complain... then GO! If you are truly unhappy in New York, move! The only people that I believe were truly miserable in New York - sold their homes, moved, and STAYED elsewhere for 5-10+ years (and - STILL elsewhere). Everyone always comes back... (80% of those I know, in past experiences).

My mother-in-law SWORE she would find GREAT happiness if she moved upstate (she resided mostly in Queens, sometimes Nassau throughout her past...) - she wouldn't stop complaining.. "I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE.. TOO MANY PEOPLE.. TOO DIRTY.. TOO LOUD.." - SO GO, i *BEGGED*... she went upstate about 2 years ago and was back within 4-months. If you want to go - go, AND STAY!

... and hopefully if enough people go - we will have a little more leg room to stretch out our legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 02:03 PM
 
15 posts, read 20,240 times
Reputation: 21
Well said !

I have a lot of friends who love the Island. I honestly don't have one who wants to move. I swear you negative people must be a blast at summer BBQ. I see you all standing around the grill complaining like a bunch of old wash women.

Thank you for the visual and the laugh that followed




Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforlife54 View Post
Well said! We feel the very same way. Sure, we can pack our bags and run away from the high cost of living in New York but... for what? Misery in a central state? Watch cows tipping? (I kid...well, not really)... You PAY the price to live in New York...We would lead a miserable life elsewhere - and furthermore, dwell in that misery alone (with no family around us). The only family we both have is in New York or my father and aunt in California (LA... go from one economical disaster to another??).

I don't understand why people complain, complain, complain... then GO! If you are truly unhappy in New York, move! The only people that I believe were truly miserable in New York - sold their homes, moved, and STAYED elsewhere for 5-10+ years (and - STILL elsewhere). Everyone always comes back... (80% of those I know, in past experiences).

My mother-in-law SWORE she would find GREAT happiness if she moved upstate (she resided mostly in Queens, sometimes Nassau throughout her past...) - she wouldn't stop complaining.. "I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE.. TOO MANY PEOPLE.. TOO DIRTY.. TOO LOUD.." - SO GO, i *BEGGED*... she went upstate about 2 years ago and was back within 4-months. If you want to go - go, AND STAY!

... and hopefully if enough people go - we will have a little more leg room to stretch out our legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 PM
 
305 posts, read 502,522 times
Reputation: 102
100% correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 02:16 PM
 
4,516 posts, read 9,787,319 times
Reputation: 1987
Buying a house a few months ago on LI was the best thing I did. Dont listen to all the debbie downers here. I dont come on here much due to all the negativity. Its just depressing. Many, many folks love living here.

Last edited by rocafeller05; 03-14-2011 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2011, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Long Island
9,010 posts, read 18,218,937 times
Reputation: 4709
Nice to hear some positive comments for a change
I for one love it on Long Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Dead end - Long Island,
999 posts, read 1,949,692 times
Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBrodie View Post
I go the same place every time ENPT... I talk to lots of friends who live there. I bet I know more about what is going on in ENPT then you do. I do research before I make moves.



You know people that lock there doors at 8pm.... Just Like my brother, then i took him for a ride after 8pm, right off a few select streets....right in enp
Guess where he didn't move.... lol

I know a few good places off pulaski and town line, let me know when you want to open your eyes, this isn't the wizard of oz....

You know more, lmfbo , just like my mom, "oh we went to ___________ it was WONDERFUL the best place ever"....

"everything is great for a week unless you get mugged on one of those 7 days"


Lol long island was great when i moved out here and we had things to do, then 15 years later, it's got less and it gets worse...
Now it's only good for the worker bee's that live a life that involves going to a restaurant on friday or saturday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Dead end - Long Island,
999 posts, read 1,949,692 times
Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
It sounds like it sucks for you, I can assure you it doesn't suck for me. I am happy here and I actually know quite a few other people who are too. You only live once so maybe you should figure out a way to get out of here so you can be happy.

It does suck here....

This is not the island i moved to, that had life and things to do....and you could live....

Now everything that was fun is gone....

Restaurants and eating is not living...

This island lured people in and then lost all it was, now we have restaurants and malls, and a few ranges, but what else, maybe do what....

Ride a atv, not unless you want to go to jail...

Go for a recreational ride... EHHHH nope

for me and thousands of others just like me, we got nothing that is living..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top