Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CatMom View Post
No, my point was that it is not the business of people who aren't teachers/principals etc in the school, to see the students in the classroom. AND I'm not talking about spec ed kids either, I'm talking about those in regular classrooms who have problems, learning/behavior or otherwise.

But since you mentioned spec ed, there are laws against the public identification of those children. When board members get the minutes from CSE meetings, there are no names in there of the child involved or their parents. Every kid is given a number. So yes, having cameras in a spec ed class may be subject to the law.
They're my children and my taxes that pay for their education and your salaries. I have a right to know what is going on!!! My daughter tells me that some teachers lie and have announced to the students that there are cameras in the classroom and they better behave. Perhaps if they really did have cameras EVERYONE would behave and there would not be any parties, phone calls, texting and reading interfering with MY CHILD"S TIME IN THE CLASSROOM. Remember it's about the children!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 AM

248 posts, read 873,424 times
Man alive! I don't know where your kids go, but, honestly, I would NOT be happy...why are you not saying anything to the administration in your school? Or the teacher? These sound like the teachers who give the rest of us a bad name...

Old 04-10-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaFromQueens View Post
LOL... Yes, teachers absolutely talk about the students! Some of them are just plain f'n nuts!

Well my child is in advanced math and was told not to discuss their work with the kids who are in "regular" math because it would blow their little minds. This teacher also teaches science and will offer help and even work with the advanced students on their science fair projects. Mean while the students in the "regular" class ask for help from this teacher and she tells them it's their project and must work things out on their own. One would think it would be the othe way around. Is this how No Child Left Behind works?

Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPumpkin View Post
Man alive! I don't know where your kids go, but, honestly, I would NOT be happy...why are you not saying anything to the administration in your school? Or the teacher? These sound like the teachers who give the rest of us a bad name...
Oh there's more Pumpkin and I'm not happy. I know of people that have spoken up and guess what, they are labeled as bad parents and it their kid's fault. In the end things stay the same and in some cases it gets worse for the child.

I see both sides since I have a child doing very well and one who has been labeled as special needs even thought he gets very high grades. I know there are many good teachers that truly care about the children but also many who do it for a paycheck, perks and summers off. Like any profession there are people who care and those who don't give a hoot and just cash in.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:54 AM

248 posts, read 873,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Oh there's more Pumpkin and I'm not happy. I know of people that have spoken up and guess what, they are labeled as bad parents and it their kid's fault. In the end things stay the same and in some cases it gets worse for the child.

I see both sides since I have a child doing very well and one who has been labeled as special needs even thought he gets very high grades. I know there are many good teachers that truly care about the children but also many who do it for a paycheck, perks and summers off. Like any profession there are people who care and those who don't give a hoot and just cash in.
That last line, and this post, is the most reasonable I've heard you in regards to this! Now I know where you're coming from but it doesn't make a generalized attack ok, and I think you get it....that being said, I've had parents approach me, bring something to my attention and not be labeled that way...it's all in the delivery and I think if that can be accomplished there's no need to sweep everything under the rug...good luck

Old 04-10-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPumpkin View Post
That last line, and this post, is the most reasonable I've heard you in regards to this! Now I know where you're coming from but it doesn't make a generalized attack ok, and I think you get it....that being said, I've had parents approach me, bring something to my attention and not be labeled that way...it's all in the delivery and I think if that can be accomplished there's no need to sweep everything under the rug...good luck

If you look at my first post in this thread you will see that I spread the blame around. Heck I even blamed doting grandparents As for bad parents I know that they are out there, I had a pair of them myself but I find it hard to believe that is the norm. Like I said before two sides to every coin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island