Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 AM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times

Advertisements

Well, a good way to encourage your 26 y.o. single-parent offspring to get out of mom and dad's house is to give her a 2011 MB to drive around in.

However, credit where credit is due, she was trying to save a buck shopping in the Big H Shopping Center....no upscale shops there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 09:28 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
The child should be taken away and she needs to go to parenting classes. If I saw her on the street I would strangle her.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:29 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Well, a good way to encourage your 26 y.o. single-parent offspring to get out of mom and dad's house is to give her a 2011 MB to drive around in.

However, credit where credit is due, she was trying to save a buck shopping in the Big H Shopping Center....no upscale shops there.
Isn't that where you park to go to the upscale shops?

EDIT: Nevermind. I was thinking of a different shopping center.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:36 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,670,248 times
You have to take a test for a driver license, cop, notary, licensed electrician, work at Home Depot, but not to care for a child.
Dumbass

Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,810 times
And the grandmother tried to justify it?? I don't care if its 15 seconds, one minute, five minutes, whatever-- you DO NOT leave your child in the car. And you especially don't leave the doors unlocked, and not on the hottest day of the year!! I hope social services takes this child away from her. God knows what else this mother must be doing when the cameras aren't around.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:20 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,808,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
And the grandmother tried to justify it?? I don't care if its 15 seconds, one minute, five minutes, whatever-- you DO NOT leave your child in the car. And you especially don't leave the doors unlocked, and not on the hottest day of the year!! I hope social services takes this child away from her. God knows what else this mother must be doing when the cameras aren't around.

having babies, what else?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzah pizza View Post
having babies, what else? :d
this! :d

Old 07-23-2011, 11:22 AM

764 posts, read 1,553,872 times
Default hmm

Why in the world was she at the big h shopping center to begin with? That seems like a far place to be from home.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 AM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Here in California recently , a man left his baby boy in the back of the car because he "forgot" that he had him there & the little boy died. He was arrested for involuntary manslaughter , but was given probation. As part of his sentence , he goes around and warns people about how quickly this can happen.

Some people say that it has to do with the fact that infant seats need to be in the back of the car now & that some people actually do not remember that they have their child with them.

When my son was small in the 70s , we did not have seatbelts so this problem never really came up, but I can not imagine that I would have forgotten him.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

Some people say that it has to do with the fact that infant seats need to be in the back of the car now & that some people actually do not remember that they have their child with them.
But I just don't get it. I mean, I don't have children, but I just don't get how somebody can forget their child in the back seat. Most parents are always worried sick about their children. How can they just leave them in the car and forget? I dunno....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island