Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 AM

999 posts, read 2,358,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
To sum it all up:

There isn't enough local interest to sustain the "racing industry" to Lima's satisfaction. Therefore, Long Island must suck!

Another product of long island schooling of the misinformed and no knowledge of what happened....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:17 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,763,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Another product of long island schooling of the misinformed and no knowledge of what happened....
follow the money. Everything else is window dressing.

that you are unaware of this basic concept is in no way my fault.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,889,107 times
Quote:
now you have the island with drug problems and nothing to do and kids that do stupid things and crime. . . crime and illegals and crime and eating and shopping and dead people. Kids dying practicing a sport on the street and you think no one misses it, you're like every other blind person on this island you don't see the people want it and just keep on with the blind stupidity and ignore it.
Yeah, only on LI. Right. You forgot to mention all the gangs in every town too.

Selfish? I listed and pointed out a ton of things to do. And you continue saying there's nothing to do. Who's only thinking about themselves?

I'm being a dick because I am confronting you about your stupid nonsensical agenda? Worth it!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,925 times
Quote:
To sum it all up:

There isn't enough local interest to sustain the "racing industry" to Lima's satisfaction. Therefore, Long Island must suck!

And so we have another thread successfully derailed. Maybe we should have a sub forum for amateur cartographers and Dale Jr. wannabees.

actually there is interest but it seems all it takes is 1 nimby in this dam place and im sure there is more than 1 of them on the island and people
wonder why im unfriendly.

Last edited by Autoracer9; 04-18-2012 at 08:39 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
actually there is interest but it seems all it takes is 1 nimby in this dam place and im sure there is more than of them on the island and people
wonder why im unfriendly.
clearly not enough.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Yeah, only on LI. Right. You forgot to mention all the gangs in every town too.

Selfish? I listed and pointed out a ton of things to do. And you continue saying there's nothing to do. Who's only thinking about themselves?

I'm being a dick because I am confronting you about your stupid nonsensical agenda? Worth it!
You pointed out nothing..... you pointed out a bunch of dopey crap to do.... There is nothing there to keep anyone occupied with anything for more than 20 minutes...

Been to half the stuff on your list, they aren't a recreation activity that is FUN, those are time killers

Quote:
clearly not enough.

Another lack of knowledge comment, the tracks weren't out of business, if you had some good schooling you would know how to do research and find out what happened to them and then find out that motorsports still with only 1 track has the largest following here.

clearly the schools here aren't what you make them out to be.... Clearly

Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Another lack of knowledge comment, the tracks weren't out of business, if you had some good schooling you would know how to do research and find out what happened to them and then find out that motorsports still with only 1 track has the largest following here.

clearly the schools here aren't what you make them out to be.... Clearly
clearly you're lacking basic commons sense. Your little niche hobby just couldn't sustain itself. boo-hoo. Nobody cares.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Niche hobby sustains over 500 businesses right now with only 1 track. Apparently you just can't read, you should have went to a better school.

Niche hobby packed out 4 auditoriums at SBC, thousands had to be turned away, same at LHS and BPHS and
Niche hobby offered and showed up with a 100mil certified check for RHT
Niche hobby then offered 40 mil for half the property
Some Niche hobby packed out HSP and another 4 miles of cars never got in.

Take that awesome or how is it "the best" l.i. education and use it so you atleast have some clue wth you're talking about

Last edited by LIMA; 04-19-2012 at 06:45 AM..

Old 04-19-2012, 06:41 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,162,875 times
Nothing to do?? lol. No nightlife? good grief.

Go stay a month in the woods upstate and then come tell me there is nothing to do on LI.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Niche hobby sustains over 500 businesses right now with only 1 track. Apparently you just can't read, you should have went to a better school.
At what point did you drop out of school? Obviously it was before they taught supply and demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island