Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:59 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times

Advertisements

I was so disgusted by this.

There is a HUGE problem in our world today. It's called parents not being involved enough or helping to raise KIND children. Bullying has always existed, don't get me wrong..but there is an out of control problem today with kids/teens saying whatever the hell they want to whoever that want. It's disgusting.

My heart broke for that woman, I can't imagine if I was her and hearing it. I can only hope that these kids are held accountable for their actions and not just by their apologies which to me, are crap. If I EVER talked to anyone like that, let a lone a senior, I wouldn't see the light of day for my whole summer vacation, if not longer. And if this was my kid talking to someone like that, I would have them do chores all summer long with an allowance...which would then be donated to this woman in the end.

Dear Parents:

Yes, YOUR kid. Your kid is not exceptional. Your kid is NOT some "special snowflake"!!! Your teenager lies (shocking). Reality check: the adults are not all conspiring against your child. Be a parent and enforce some accountability.

Sincerely,
Someone who really gets tired of parents' delusions of grandeur concerning their own offspring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Often many of the districts in BOCES 2 deal with kids who are bullied by sending them to Brennan Jr-Sr High School where shy and gentle kids are thrown to the wolves & where there is absolutely no education going on at all because of the many dangerous kids who attend that school.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,706,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I think it was a lot easier to stand up for yourself back in the day then it is now. There's so much more pressure now to fit in and have the latest gadgets or the coolest brand name clothes. I grew up playing spud in the street- it's much more fierce out there now. I'm so glad I'm in my 30's right now and not in jr high or high school. Kids can be so awful.
I think it used to be worse. It was not considered so shocking when someone made fun of another with a physical handicap or a stutter or another type of disability. You would see this on TV and it was considered an acceptable form of humor.

Before special ed existed, disabled students were placed in the "health class" or CRMD. Kids were incredibly cruel to these other students and they didn't get very harsh punishments. I remember when I was in 2nd grade (public school), there was this CRMD class where the students were around 18-20 years old. When they passed us in the hallways, everyone stared. If one of the kids started to make noises or there was this one kid who liked to rub his head against the teacher, she would smack the kid in the head. The teacher did it quite publically. The principal must have known. No one thought there was anything wrong with that. I never forgot that.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:57 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
When my husband was in grade school he had this kid who sat behind him constantly annoying him by flicking his finger into the back of my husbands head. 2 times my husband said stop, by the third time my husband got up turned around, flipped the kid desk over and threw his books. Guess who got in trouble??? Yep, he did. The teacher saw the kid annoying my husband and said one time stop until my husbands top blew. After much arguing the teacher agreed to move my husbands seat and the kids never bothered him again. Another time while having lunch in the school cafeteria my husband had a bag of cheese doodles with his lunch. Some kid came over and smashed the bag. So, my husband finished his lunch, threw his stuff out , went over to this kids table threw him to the ground and choked the crap out of him. LOL. He got in trouble and was sent to the principal. My husband then explained why he did it and he was let off the hook. Till this day if my husband see this guy he won't look at my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island