Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 AM

21 posts, read 33,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Guess none of them really worked out? Hiding from your past?
I actually explained my actions in my inaugural post on this forum. It was attacked by most of the major players here. I've since had both friendly and acrimonious banter with just about everyone here, being mutualy and/or exclusively loved and hated under different IDs. It's amazing! You can be hated by someone, and then surface as a different "individual" (nothing more than a moniker), with the same writing style and a different stance, and that person is your best friend. Hilarious.

While this isn't about me, that fact helps illustrate how idiotic this thread is, and how myopic you are! This is the internet! Anonymity is KEY! Hellooo?? Do you really have this much time on your hands to argue with strangers, many of whom are intentionally getting a rise out of you, because they can (myself included; frankly, you're a tool)? I sure wouldn't trust that short-sightedness to handle any real estate transaction of mine!

So to summarize, you have put your name and profession out here for all to see, on a board you freely admit is full of anonymous haters, and you start a hissy fit thread with what amounts to a bunch of cartoon characters. I know the RE market is stagnant but shouldn't you be doing continuing education or something? Take a course, fly a kite or something..but geez man, put down the bottle and mellow out.

This is gonna be a great study!!!! (yea..THAT guy...)

Last edited by KoolAidSmile; 12-30-2012 at 03:50 AM..

Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,810,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Which is why she put "technically" in parenthesis.
This.

Again, obviously most people here are long-time Long Islanders - not sure how they ended up here but it is what it is. It's not an employment forum. It's anonymous, as noted (I actually think they encourage you not to use your real name when you sign up, not sure). They DO let RE Agents, the occupation who can most benefit from this type of board, post with their name and job. There is an entire RE Forum all by itself that is overrun with agents (and their locations). It's fine. Yes - people are always going to ding you. There are MANY jobs that are like that. You live with it and move on and if there are a couple of posters that really get to you, you put them on ignore so you don't have to see what they say, or worse yet, be tempted to respond. No high blood pressure, no losing brain cells reading idiotic posts. A win-win

Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,131,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Since I seem to get blasted all the time since I am a real estate agent and state it up front (I also use my real name), I thought I might challenge everyone else to state their real name and their profession so that we might see if any of their posts are biased.
Would you like our addresses and social security numbers as well? How about our bank account numbers?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,745 times
My name is Eliot Spitzer and I'm a part-time politician, full-time stute wrangler

Old 12-30-2012, 02:05 PM

376 posts, read 1,016,861 times
I am Hillary Rodham Clinton , and I approve this message !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Old 12-30-2012, 02:12 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Fine. I am Batman. I reside in the Batcave. I dispense justice to common criminals as well as more seasoned villains like the Joker, The Scarecrow, and people who stand in the doorway on the subway preventing people from getting on. I also make a mean martini and enjoy long walks on the beach and knitting when not being a cape wearing ,two-fisted machine of justice.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM

11,640 posts, read 12,712,586 times
Not to mention looking pretty good in a pair of pantyhose with those hot legs.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:18 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,658 times
My name is Buck Naked and I'm an adult film actor

Old 12-30-2012, 02:40 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
My name is Elmer J Fudd, Millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 PM

520 posts, read 1,653,745 times
I don't have a problem with Tom posting his name and revealing his profession. He has helped a lot of people, myself included, with real estate related questions. If it was a conflict with the Terms of Service I'm sure the moderators would have stopped Tom long ago. He has been a member of this board a lot longer than the people complaining and has been contributing way before most of the you. Let the Moderators do their job. Thats why they are here. There have been other members in the past who have advertised their business and also contributed to this forum without issue. Kbinspections has been doing home inspections for board members for years. I'm sure there are also others that have advertised their businesses. Who cares? As long as they can contribute to the board like Tom and Kbinspections I see no issue with it. When people start pulling up old Home Alarm threads thats a different story.

If there is one member who doesn't contribute and should have his account deleted it is MrBitterness. I've never seen anything worth reading from any of his posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island