Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 937 times

Advertisements

We (husband, me & 2 elem age chidren) are looking to move, (rent) near Riverhead Charter School and close to a hwy. I work near Huntington and we're in Selden now but the bus ride to RCS is about an hour from and to and would be an problem for my adhd girl. The school day is already an extra hour. We are saving money to buy a house and don't know which school district we will end up in and when. Since our school district did not work out, they go to Catholic school now. Fine but want to save $. Medford/Yaphank are near the LIE and close enough to RCS but I hear those areas are not great. I don't want to go as far as Manorville, trying to have activity, grocery etc. nearby. Have been looking in SB, RP, MP so far but to return back from Huntington before aftercare ends will be a problem unless I find alternative sitting somwhere. MP is closer to 83....but a ride from RCS. It would be nice to be in MP or RP SD in case RCS does not work out though. Saw some rentals in Middle Island, just a bit East of GH, not impressed.

Anyone go to Riverhead Charter School? I only know 1 person from Selden and they love it. It's come along way since 2008 I hear. Individualized instruction within the classroom, small class sizes and wherever we settle they can just stay in that school until 8th grade. Don't want to change schools again. Husband's work is in Medford but says he would not want to live there.

Last edited by kkli; 06-03-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island