Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:17 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,335,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauGuy12 View Post
Please, keep this thread going. In about 15 minutes of reading, it's been quite enjoyable.
Glad to see you are easily amused!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,958,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You think it's BM? He's written posts dinging NC to hell and back (especially the schools!) when he solidly rejected it as totally subpar compared to Midlothian VA when he was relocating. Quite brutal posts!
Yes butt, it was me you got me!

But I fooled you and you and you and you and most You people are so gullible! Bless your little hearts

All kidding aside, can the OP please come back, I want the 4 week update! In hindsight I should of kept my mouth shut and let this run its course!

Have a great day and weekend ya'll

Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Hey I don't care if she hit power-ball and moved to Sands Point...I just don't like someone trying to pull the wool over my eyes(pride thing)....I learned this from growing up in NY! Usually people from NY have ****** sense and can sniff out the BS. Well some might fall under there's a sucker born every minute but......

I for one don't believe this story.... I had a couple of friends that moved form not only from where I live but from Cali and are struggling to gain traction on the Island. I told them it was expensive but until you actually make the move, you can see it for yourself. The grind, stress, rat race, traffic, costs and so on takes a toll, both physically and mentally, far from a walk in the park, but talk is cheap

If I personally knew you...I would put money on it....I now have a lot more facts Not going to blow anyone up, no worries there I wasted a favor on the BS already. Tell her it's ok to post, it will be fun to see who and what people respond!

BTW I hate Cuomo and have no idea why you brought that up

It's not a NC Vs. VA Vs. L.I. thing with me.... I don't care where you live or what you do, I'll Call BS no matter where you call home.. In real life I was at a big poker tourney(470 players) at Colonial Downs race track in New Kent, VA. I was at a table with 10 guys I never met before...shorty after it started, this one dude was talking about NYC and how he was NYPD and all the stories including 9/11. After
15 minutes or so I asked him what was is tax number, because I wanted to see if he got on the job before or after me....."'He stated oh I didn't get one of those'" HA!!!! Every member has one! Kind of was BS'ing the table.....except I happen to be there
Tell us about the favor you wasted. What's up with that? Favor like in a Godfather movie or something?

Old 08-09-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Yes butt, it was me you got me!

But I fooled you and you and you and you and most You people are so gullible! Bless your little hearts

All kidding aside, can the OP please come back, I want the 4 week update! In hindsight I should of kept my mouth shut and let this run its course!

Have a great day and weekend ya'll
No I don't think you are her because I don't think she's a troll.

I mentioned your disses of NC to compliment you on them! LOL! You know I love disses.

Also glad I started you on a new southern saying!

Old 08-09-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
No I don't think you are her because I don't think she's a troll.

I mentioned your disses of NC to compliment you on them! LOL! You know I love disses.

Also glad I started you on a new southern saying!
The only diss was the way the schools are run and I still stand by that....

You need therapy,,, years and years of therapy

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-09-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
The only diss was the way the schools are run and I still stand by that....

You need therapy,,, years and years of therapy

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk 2
Tried that ... didn't work.

Now tell us about that favor you called in pertaining to the alleged troll, Godfather Mike. I sense an interesting story about the far reach of your power ...

Old 08-09-2013, 03:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
So the city folk move out to Bumpkin/Paradise/Long Island?
No wonder they get thrown off by the rest of America and our quaint ways.
All joking aside, do you seriously not believe that people from NYC move to LI? You should check out Nassau sometime. Meet some of the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsarcastic View Post
She just happened to stay in the one area that makes the most angst between the Li-ers and the ex-pats. Really. Nice coincidence. Would've been a wee bit overboard to complain about the area. Well played, SC.

She just happened to sight two things that a certain LI defender harped on incessantly for why the southeast is not as cheap as it seems on the surface - HOA dues and exterminating. Not strange at all right? Oh, and then she sighted brand new million dollar golf course HOAs to support that contention. But that is not where she lived. Come on.

I've had my thoughts about who SCtoLI really is, but that sealed the deal for me.
I've had my thoughts about who is off their meds, but this sealed the deal for me!

And yeah, I did bring up HOA and pest control, 2 of about a dozen various costs to compare to LI. The main point of that was to show the COL differences were highly exaggerated -- which I proved without a doubt. Funny, I don't recall you adding to that thread with your own COL difference to contribute. Only Bigmike (and possibly 1 other poster) attempted it and came up with a whopping $1-$2k difference for basic COL.

I've also had my thoughts about who is hiding under this handle. Also sealed .

Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,038,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
And yeah, I did bring up HOA and pest control, 2 of about a dozen various costs to compare to LI. The main point of that was to show the COL differences were highly exaggerated -- which I proved without a doubt. Funny, I don't recall you adding to that thread with your own COL difference to contribute. Only Bigmike (and possibly 1 other poster) attempted it and came up with a whopping $1-$2k difference for basic COL.
You weren't the only one to bring those up... I did read the COL posts you refer to, but you didn't prove anything related to costs - certainly not a dollar figure.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Regardless of col or who the real poster is I want my 4 week update! Please please please ! I need a good laugh....

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-09-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
You weren't the only one to bring those up... I did read the COL posts you refer to, but you didn't prove anything related to costs - certainly not a dollar figure.
1-2 k more on basic COL, doesn't explain how families of 4 and 5 live very very good on 75k income a year... I know many that do it... One must take everything into consideration

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island