Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 07:42 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Typical garbage link from long isle....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I hope you’re kidding. You mean plans like Italy, Spain or France etc had in place?

Have you seen their numbers???
Exactly, most of the world was caught with their pants down. Sighting small island nations that can easily lock down with comparatively small populations like Taiwan and Singapore to the US is no comparison.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:56 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Typical garbage link from long isle....
Don’t melt snowflake.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Don’t melt snowflake.
Great comeback. Get some help for that TDS.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:59 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,061,296 times
Quote:
Maybe we should quarantine all of Italian descent in camps? Keep good track of them?
No need, just open that box of Gucci Loafers with gloves and set them aside for a few days before wearing...

Old 04-27-2020, 10:12 PM

430 posts, read 557,975 times
From a medical professional with first hand local experience today... also note that an estimated 43% of the people in the Bronx have already been infected.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/27/ive-wo...rt-opening-up/

Last edited by Lagaroth; 04-27-2020 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-27-2020, 10:22 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,000,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Exactly, most of the world was caught with their pants down. Sighting small island nations that can easily lock down with comparatively small populations like Taiwan and Singapore to the US is no comparison.

Correct. We can control ships docking on our coastlines, air traffic landing at our airports and crossings on our northern border.

We have no way to monitor crossings of our southern border.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:43 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Correct. We can control ships docking on our coastlines, air traffic landing at our airports and crossings on our northern border.

We have no way to monitor crossings of our southern border.
Another failed campaign promise but, nothing to do with Covid.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:53 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaroth View Post
This puts the death rate at 0.6%, which is most likely still inflated because all deaths due to natural causes are being attributed to COVID right now.
Talk about bad information! This is absolutely not true.

CDC guidelines here:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

Please quote the guideline that states all deaths due to natural causes should be attributed to COVID-19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaroth View Post
I am my own source on that one, however if you prefer 99% of all deaths by natural causes we can go with that. I have inside knowledge of that particular statistic and the rate of deaths due to COVID are being inflated by roughly 20%. You will have to take my word for it for now, but my information is correct and will eventually be brought to light. I'm no info wars conspiracy theorist. If anything, the people now clinging to many of the initial inaccurate statistics and probabilities seem to be denying the obvious. It is becoming clear that we overreacted, which is perfectly fine. Better that than to under react. Now the curve is flat and the hospitals never got overrun. It's time to responsibly get back to our lives.
Your "inside knowledge" is false. Whoever your inside source is has probably never filled out a death certificate.

If you think NY hospitals did not get overrun why are they storing corpses is refrigerated trucks until mortuaries can pick them up?

Old 04-28-2020, 12:40 AM

430 posts, read 557,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Talk about bad information! This is absolutely not true.

CDC guidelines here:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

Please quote the guideline that states all deaths due to natural causes should be attributed to COVID-19.

Your "inside knowledge" is false. Whoever your inside source is has probably never filled out a death certificate.

If you think NY hospitals did not get overrun why are they storing corpses is refrigerated trucks until mortuaries can pick them up?
The CDC guidelines you posted are out dated. I'm talking about a NYS antibody study from this week. A second one published today makes the rate even lower with an estimated 41% of the population in the Bronx already infected. I don't understand why people are fighting on this point. These are published studies with the news links in this thread and still you insist I'm making it up.

The hospitals were indeed very busy, however they were not overrun and nobody was denied medical care due to lack of resources. These are facts, not feelings. Feel free to prove me wrong with an actual source. You can't.

Lastly, I am my own source on that inside knowledge and I am 100% certain that almost all deaths due to natural causes (at home and at hospitals) are being attributed to COVID. This has inflated the number of deaths by roughly 20%. It really isn't relevant to the larger issue here though anyway. The death rate is still much lower than we initially were led to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island