Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 11:31 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,848,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I sincerely apologize for misnaming the armed robbery convict who was murdered in cold blood by police. My point about social distancing remains. Imagine the deaths those rioters are causing by being in maskless crowds of thousands, without distancing?
Somehow I doubt your sincerity.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:46 AM

731 posts, read 725,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
It looks like social distancing is over in some of our major cities. Instead we see looting, arson, mayhem and a few murders.
Now we know what the Obama Regime has been up to since the impeachment hoax flopped.
“Break out Alinsky’s ‘Rules for Radicals’ my comrades!”

Old 05-31-2020, 05:00 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,263,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Now we know what the Obama Regime has been up to since the impeachment hoax flopped.
“Break out Alinsky’s ‘Rules for Radicals’ my comrades!”
Both he and Michelle have spoken up about African American frustration and the pursuit of justice. Neither have decried the violence, arson, rioting and looting.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:36 AM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Various mayors, governors, and community leader were aggressive (some would say overly aggressive) v the virus but inept, passive and impotent v the looting/arson/murder/riots.

Ironically, George Floyd had reportedly turned his life around (after a 5-year prison term for armed robbery) and was gainfully employed at a restaurant until it was shut down under the very aggressive Covid-19 lockdowns in Minnesota. His subsequent apprehension was for passing counterfeit bills.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:37 AM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
It looks like social distancing is over in some of our major cities. Instead we see looting, arson, mayhem and a few murders.
I'm sure they were self-protecting against Covid-19. Besides rioting confers immunity against Covid-19.
Quote:
Various mayors, governors, and community leader were aggressive (some would say overly aggressive) v the virus but inept, passive and impotent v the looting/arson/murder/riots.

Ironically, George Floyd had reportedly turned his life around (after a 5-year prison term for armed robbery) and was gainfully employed at a restaurant until it was shut down under the very aggressive Covid-19 lockdowns in Minnesota. His subsequent apprehension was for passing counterfeit bills.
The mass media needs to report this.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:43 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,263,188 times
Quote:

That prison term was his 5th conviction. Doesn’t excuse the police actions but he was hardly a “gentle giant” as some people have portrayed him.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:01 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,827,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It was free for me. And call almost any urgent care center. I had one the last Sunday of April, and was not happy with the results.
I've been holed up for 10 weeks except for essential stuff and helping others. WHY should I have to go to an URGENT CARE to get a WELL test (antibodies)? That is completely daft and ridiculous. There are rapid stick, home test that take minutes (or the results are posted to a secure web site). We just don't have any. I'm not going to the one rite aid on LI's drive through for a test, again, in line with actively SICK people picking up prescriptions. Sure. Sounds like a plan.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 05-31-2020 at 07:21 AM..

Old 05-31-2020, 07:09 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,827,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
It seems like anyone can get antibody testing now. I know plenty who have, at my check up last week my Dr even asked if I wanted one.
Again, go to a SICK visit to get a WELL test?! That is idiotic. Show me some links. We are wayyy behind on antibody tests and are only using FDA approved ones by MEDICAL appt. I think you are both missing the point...by a lot.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:52 AM

22,674 posts, read 36,820,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Again, go to a SICK visit to get a WELL test?! That is idiotic. Show me some links. We are wayyy behind on antibody tests and are only using FDA approved ones by MEDICAL appt. I think you are both missing the point...by a lot.
My coworkers doctor called her and asked if she wanted antibody test. She’s like you want me to come there and get that test? Young girl lives alone hasn’t been out at all. She’s like “nah I’m good” (half her family in NY has Corona though)

Old 05-31-2020, 08:56 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,040,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
I've been holed up for 10 weeks except for essential stuff and helping others. WHY should I have to go to an URGENT CARE to get a WELL test (antibodies)? That is completely daft and ridiculous. There are rapid stick, home test that take minutes (or the results are posted to a secure web site). We just don't have any. I'm not going to the one rite aid on LI's drive through for a test, again, in line with actively SICK people picking up prescriptions. Sure. Sounds like a plan.
But we’ve been told over and over by doctors and scientists that masks and social distancing works. You don’t believe that? Lol, you’re a joke. Now you’re too scared to go get a test?

Last edited by nassau2suffolk; 05-31-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.