Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 09:24 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I agree 100 percent. In some fashion i think they understand that the economy would crash if we removed all the undocumented overnight. 30K to replace a roof.
True. But would my healthcare go down? As they use the ER as their primary care with ZERO ID to pay? Would our taxes go down, 15K per year to send a kid to school. Along with all the other benefit programs we pay for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 09:39 PM

297 posts, read 133,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
True. But would my healthcare go down? As they use the ER as their primary care with ZERO ID to pay? Would our taxes go down, 15K per year to send a kid to school. Along with all the other benefit programs we pay for?
Nope because our high healthcare cost are mainly driven by ppl with multiple comorbidities, that actually do not have access or utilize their PCP for routine check ups. This demographic is something like 20%(?) in size but utilizes nearly 80% of healthcare expenses. That is why there is an initiative to push more NP, PA and MD towards the PCP track.

This is because Americans spend the most money after you are sick, but not much for preventative. Meanwhile, countries like Europe and Canada focus on prevention. Obama and Biden goal is to get more ppl on so that they can move away from the current situation - cause taking ppl off exacerbates the situation even more. Again, most illegal immigrants cant afford to take a day off for fear of losing work - they are not are not your real enemy and neither are those that go to the ED as primary care.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Exactly my point!
I hope you realize there was no point made. You should at least clarify if you are trying to make a point, as mind reading is not a real thing. Unless your point is that they actually pay into the system and likely will never be able to claim or benefit off it, except for the opportunity to make a better life for themselves. Meanwhile, a legal Jewish couple monopolizes on the system and benefits solely on a technicality?

Old 04-11-2021, 05:03 AM

690 posts, read 585,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
Nope because our high healthcare cost are mainly driven by ppl with multiple comorbidities, that actually do not have access or utilize their PCP for routine check ups. This demographic is something like 20%(?) in size but utilizes nearly 80% of healthcare expenses. That is why there is an initiative to push more NP, PA and MD towards the PCP track.

This is because Americans spend the most money after you are sick, but not much for preventative. Meanwhile, countries like Europe and Canada focus on prevention. Obama and Biden goal is to get more ppl on so that they can move away from the current situation - cause taking ppl off exacerbates the situation even more. Again, most illegal immigrants cant afford to take a day off for fear of losing work - they are not are not your real enemy and neither are those that go to the ED as primary care.
Also contributing to the cause and cost, is the fact that most Americans are obese, smoke, lead a sedentary lifestyle, eat complete garbage, and then want a magic pill to fix everything. Imagine if Americans contributed to their health, by actually taking care of themselves, and understanding preventative is the best medicine.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:44 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times
Quote:
What is the connection? You can't just deport an illegal immigrant without cause. Otherwise, the topic of illegal wouldn't even exist. There needs to be cause to deport an illegal immigrant.
The “cause” is that they are here illegally. According to the letter of the law in the INA that’s literally all you need to arrest and deport them.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
I added this to my above response:
NYC has 40,000 Cops. I believe there is only 4-5k ICE Agents in the USA! Proven failed system. 20,000 ICE employees, INCLUDES all administrative staff.
I believe in every trump budget request he tried to double the size of ICE but the dems blocked it every time. It’s a political issue.

Old 04-11-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
The “cause” is that they are here illegally. According to the letter of the law in the INA that’s literally all you need to arrest and deport them.
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim

Here is the direct link to that section, can you please kindly point out where in the law/text, that is stated?

Old 04-11-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I hope you realize there was no point made. You should at least clarify if you are trying to make a point, as mind reading is not a real thing. Unless your point is that they actually pay into the system and likely will never be able to claim or benefit off it, except for the opportunity to make a better life for themselves. Meanwhile, a legal Jewish couple monopolizes on the system and benefits solely on a technicality?
Keywords “Illegal” & “Legal”

Old 04-11-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I believe in every trump budget request he tried to double the size of ICE but the dems blocked it every time. It’s a political issue.
Amazing some don’t know the definition of “Illegal”. Or choose not to.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...edition=prelim

Here is the direct link to that section, can you please kindly point out where in the law/text, that is stated?
Are you blind or just can’t read? Or maybe legal jargon just confuses you. The link you posted makes it very clear I’m correct. Being unlawfully present by law in the US makes you deportable (by either overstay or illegal entry without inspection) in that link it’s spelled out. Where you need cause is if an alien is LEGALLY present, say with a green card, or protected status, in that case the alien would have to have committed and convicted of certain class of crimes to be removable.

Deportable aliens:

(A) Inadmissible aliens
Any alien who at the time of entry or adjustment of status was within one or more of the classes of aliens inadmissible by the law existing at such time is deportable.
(B) PRESENT in violation of law
Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this chapter or any other law of the United States, or whose nonimmigrant visa (or other documentation authorizing admission into the United States as a nonimmigrant) has been revoked under section 1201(i) of this title, is deportable.

A and B covers about 95% of illegals. That’s all the “cause” that is needed under the INA

Last edited by peconic117; 04-11-2021 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island