Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 08:38 AM

2,607 posts, read 3,416,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is in violation of NY State law and is being sued, he is wasting money and he (we) will lose.
Whatever the outcome is he did the right thing. People need to take a stand to this nonsense and voice their disapproval. Money is being wasted daily on all other useless issues but at least I know my tax dollars are going to a good cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 06:47 AM

3,546 posts, read 5,735,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Whatever the outcome is he did the right thing. People need to take a stand to this nonsense and voice their disapproval. Money is being wasted daily on all other useless issues but at least I know my tax dollars are going to a good cause.
Agreed

Old 03-13-2024, 12:22 PM

90 posts, read 68,017 times
Default Time to move on

I wish both sides would move away from trans politics and focus on issues that matter to most of us. Don't get me wrong, sexual identity is complicated and trans people deserve equal treatment. But WTF, we have to address crime, inflation, immigration, traffic, the environment, taxes, housing, health care, etc. No easy answers. Cousin Bruce is playing to his base. It's not resonating with me.

Old 03-13-2024, 02:29 PM

186 posts, read 68,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilawyer View Post
I wish both sides would move away from trans politics and focus on issues that matter to most of us. Don't get me wrong, sexual identity is complicated and trans people deserve equal treatment. But WTF, we have to address crime, inflation, immigration, traffic, the environment, taxes, housing, health care, etc. No easy answers. Cousin Bruce is playing to his base. It's not resonating with me.
Exactly. I'd be willing to bet the number of people on this thread who have been personally affected by this issue is close to zero.

Old 03-13-2024, 09:34 PM

20,225 posts, read 20,998,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
Exactly. I'd be willing to bet the number of people on this thread who have been personally affected by this issue is close to zero.
Exactly. Which is why the entire controversy is absolutely ridiculous.
I mean really, what is the actual percentage of legit trannies in this country?
We are letting a minuscule percentage of people rile up and twist millions of panties in a bunch.
It’s so stupid. They deserve basic human rights no doubt, no question, but the rest of the nonsense revolving around these people and their supporters is just totally ridiculous.

Old 03-14-2024, 03:28 AM

5,080 posts, read 3,982,148 times
Agreed.

A member of his staff writes the commonsense new rule. He signs it and takes questions. End of story.

Move on.

Old 03-14-2024, 03:54 AM

1,290 posts, read 576,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
The taxpayers become affected when he doubles down on the policy by suing the State in a matter where he is destined to lose.

If he wanted to make a point about a problem that may not even exist, he would have been better off banning all sports from county facilities until the matter is addressed, not adding the transgender rider to the permit application. It's the same reasoning in theory, but much different legally as it eliminates the certification by leagues on only one component of eligibility- which is protected at a state level under NYS Human Rights Law.

He also could have just used his soap box to pressure the governing bodies of the leagues to do something about it, without opening the county and its taxpayers to liability with the executive order.

In an unrelated matter, he's also earmarked $500,000 initially to sue the state over the change in election procedure, as he's afraid to run a race for CE in a year when people actually show up to the polls.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:11 AM

6,385 posts, read 13,184,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Agreed.

A member of his staff writes the commonsense new rule. He signs it and takes questions. End of story.

Move on.
That’s how it should work. But in today’s world some people just can’t let it go. They keep bringing it up and up again. By this time is should be a moot point.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:21 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,366,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Exactly. Which is why the entire controversy is absolutely ridiculous.
I mean really, what is the actual percentage of legit trannies in this country?
We are letting a minuscule percentage of people rile up and twist millions of panties in a bunch.
It’s so stupid. They deserve basic human rights no doubt, no question, but the rest of the nonsense revolving around these people and their supporters is just totally ridiculous.
This wasn't an issue until Blakeman raised what may turn out to be a non-existent problem. He is most obviously attempting to score political points with the far right base at the expense of taxpayers. I would rather see him address real issues, that is supposedly why he was elected.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:54 AM

20,225 posts, read 20,998,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This wasn't an issue until Blakeman raised what may turn out to be a non-existent problem. He is most obviously attempting to score political points with the far right base at the expense of taxpayers. I would rather see him address real issues, that is supposedly why he was elected.
Please. For the love of all that is holy…Stop.
Just stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island