Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 01:15 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Blakeman sounds like he is running for governor, this is a phot op using his office to go after the most vulnerable that can't fight back. NUMC going broke, another freeze on assessments and this is his priority.

This only impacts those games on county fields, most games are on school property. How will he enforce this, will he have transgender police at the fields. My guess is this will be like finding a needle in the haystack maybe there is one. He stated he's not even aware of any athletes, yet this required a restriction, you can never be too careful. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2024, 04:39 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Blakeman sounds like he is running for governor, this is a phot op using his office to go after the most vulnerable that can't fight back. NUMC going broke, another freeze on assessments and this is his priority.

This only impacts those games on county fields, most games are on school property. How will he enforce this, will he have transgender police at the fields. My guess is this will be like finding a needle in the haystack maybe there is one. He stated he's not even aware of any athletes, yet this required a restriction, you can never be too careful. LOL
It’s enforced through permitting, any teams using county facilities will have to affirm that participants are their biological gender or permit will be denied. And yes it only applies to county facilities which is what he has jurisdiction over. And I love how you frame freezing assessments as a bad thing lol

Old 02-25-2024, 04:07 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

The smaller and weaker girls are pretty vulnerable. (I mean ‘girls’ in the traditional xx sense.)

No doubt one can think of many arguments (strong and otherwise) to criticize Blakeman’s recent action. As is the case with absolutely anything any politician does.

Old 02-25-2024, 04:48 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Most parents, Id say 99.9% are on the same page about this. Its the media that's trying to normalize this mental condition.

Old 02-25-2024, 06:49 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Most parents, Id say 99.9% are on the same page about this. Its the media that's trying to normalize this mental condition.
Yes, unfortunately many of them are afraid to speak up about it because they fear public shaming/retaliation.

Old 02-25-2024, 07:30 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yes, unfortunately many of them are afraid to speak up about it because they fear public shaming/retaliation.
No. Not me, not in my town.

Old 02-25-2024, 07:55 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yes, the idea of the big trans boys posing as victims is laughable.

But the progressive narrative and the media frequently diverge from reality. And really can't stand it when normal folks speak up.

Old 02-25-2024, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Yes, the idea of the big trans boys posing as victims is laughable.

But the progressive narrative and the media frequently diverge from reality. And really can't stand it when normal folks speak up.
They are bullies. If you don’t play along by their rules you are bullied into submission.

Old 02-25-2024, 05:52 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Sometimes I think the Republicans started this whole 'trans in sports' circus to make the Democrats look insane.

But it is far to clever.

All the normal Democrats should speak with one voice when it comes to condemning the notion of trans guys dominating girls sports. But they usually don't.

Just had some injuries up in Massachusetts - somebody thought it made sense to have an ex-boy (if that is the right term) playing hoops with the girls. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...achusetts.html

At least Blakeman is taking a stand.
Oh yes we do speak very loud pretty much 100% of TERFS like me are quite left. This is now worldwide TERFS are .

It is a misnomer to think that the left approves of this because we do not. We simply disapprove of it for different reasons usually than the right does.

When people started getting tired of having this shoved down their throat, the right was still concerned about it being a religious godly/pervert /sex issue while the left was already concerned about women's rights/pervert/sex issue.
Now, thank goodness, most everybody is concerned about the women's rights/pervert section of it. I even had one of them confront me on Twitter and tell me that women like me would soon be a thing of the past . I straight up told him good luck making more of you then.

The TRAs are becoming very politically strong. Myself and my fellow TERF sisters and our male allies, literally work on this daily around our plain jobs and the rest of our lives. Honestly I'm okay with some of these people over 21 being castrated like some are because they can't make more of them.

I've got direct experience with TRA's for the last 25 years and it ended in pretty bad tragedy.

You all can look over my past post to find out why but I experienced that lifestyle up close and in person and it was not a good thing .

It turned me into a TERF. Shockingly the men in my life who were this was were every conservative as well as many of their friends ...

Alot of them seem to think because we are liberal in many ways that we would be ok with anything which is not NOT true . The only people that like Ts or CDers or any of that is themselves , those like them , and some of their family that has to go along with it . I lived it .

Old 02-25-2024, 09:07 PM

Clearly we need to reopen the asylums.
Gotta get these people off the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island