Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 AM

12 posts, read 30,103 times

Advertisements

I lost a Canon Digital Camera 6/13/09 on the LIRR Babylon or LIRR Hempstead Train between 10:42 - 11:52 a.m.. I got off the Hempstead train at Jamaica around 11:38 to transfer to the Babylon train and got off at Lindenhurst. I left the camera on the seat. The camera was in a black case with a handle sticking out. I was sitting in a two sitter seat that was facing the opposite way of traveling.

Please anyone who found a Canon SD 500 Digital camera in a black case on the LIRR Babylon Train or LIRR Hempstead train on Saturday, (6/13/09) in the morning, i would appreciate you returning it to me.

It was a gift and has tons of pictures of me and my family during special occassions that i didnot have a chance to save or share with my family. Has some pictures of my niece whose birthday just past and pictures of my grandma who came to visit from another country. The camera is valuable but my pictures are priceless and mean a lot to me.

I place a picture of my camera and a picture of me that is on the camera. I have a digital sd 16gb media card in the camera. It has tons of pictures - Tons of pictures.

I will offer a CASH Reward.

I reported the camera lost to LIRR - Lost and Stolen booth, so if you return it to them, please send me an e-mail to let me know.

This is a Real Posting! I was told that there are geniune and honest people in the world and in LI, so anyone that has the camera PLEASE return it to me. Thank you.

CASH REWARD! LOST CANON DIGITAL CAMERA - LIRR BABYLON/HEMPSTEAD - New York City Lost & Found - Kijiji New York City (http://newyork.kijiji.com/c-ViewAd?AdId=136236094&Guid=121ef770-6a30-a20b-26d0-b6c0fffffee3 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 09:46 AM

240 posts, read 237,184 times
That really sucks... good luck to you. Please keep us updated... if there is an honest person out there who returns the camera to you it would be nice to hear it.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:01 AM

149 posts, read 351,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeanew View Post
I lost a Canon Digital Camera 6/13/09 on the LIRR Babylon or LIRR Hempstead Train between 10:42 - 11:52 a.m.. I got off the Hempstead train at Jamaica around 11:38 to transfer to the Babylon train and got off at Lindenhurst. I left the camera on the seat. The camera was in a black case with a handle sticking out. I was sitting in a two sitter seat that was facing the opposite way of traveling.

Please anyone who found a Canon SD 500 Digital camera in a black case on the LIRR Babylon Train or LIRR Hempstead train on Saturday, (6/13/09) in the morning, i would appreciate you returning it to me.

It was a gift and has tons of pictures of me and my family during special occassions that i didnot have a chance to save or share with my family. Has some pictures of my niece whose birthday just past and pictures of my grandma who came to visit from another country. The camera is valuable but my pictures are priceless and mean a lot to me.

I place a picture of my camera and a picture of me that is on the camera. I have a digital sd 16gb media card in the camera. It has tons of pictures - Tons of pictures.

I will offer a CASH Reward.

I reported the camera lost to LIRR - Lost and Stolen booth, so if you return it to them, please send me an e-mail to let me know.

This is a Real Posting! I was told that there are geniune and honest people in the world and in LI, so anyone that has the camera PLEASE return it to me. Thank you.

CASH REWARD! LOST CANON DIGITAL CAMERA - LIRR BABYLON/HEMPSTEAD - New York City Lost & Found - Kijiji New York City (http://newyork.kijiji.com/c-ViewAd?AdId=136236094&Guid=121ef770-6a30-a20b-26d0-b6c0fffffee3 - broken link)

Im sure the memories are worth the reward. Good luck, but don’t get your hopes up. I lost a phone recently and instead of returning it to where I know it was dropped I got a bill for $300 worth of downloads and calls. It was Christmas eve. Merry Christmas to me.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:33 PM

532 posts, read 1,270,551 times
I left my wallet on the LIRR Babylon train several months ago. After about a 4 days I got a call from LIRR lost and found, my wallet was turned in, all cash, about 80 bucks included. I was extatic.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Did you try the lost & found at Penn Station? My daughter had a wallet returned once and nothing was missing.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-19-2009, 11:04 PM

12 posts, read 30,103 times
Thank you for all the replies. I've been calling the Lost and Found and they told me No - nothing was return. I will keep the thoughts of honest people in my head. Even if i got only the media card with the pictures on it - i would be soo happy. I took picks off my niece with the birthday cake and cupcake i baked for her. The memories.. sorry. thanks again.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:05 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,337,188 times
I'm sorry for what happened, and unfortunately I can say... "been there, done that."
I lost it twice.... The first time I lost it, the person used the pics to track me down and then mailed it to me... with a pic of her.... she called herself "Linda the sleuth". It was very sweet of her. I donated the money to a charity of her choice.
My suggestion is that in the future you write down your address and take a picture and store it in the card so that anyone who has a right mind on their shoulders will send it back to you.
These days the gadgets are so small, its very easy to forget them and by the time you realize it... its too late.
I hope someone turns it in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island