Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:20 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Housing prices down. Way down.
Sketchy people that still have jobs now have the opportunity to move into formerly non-sketchy neighborhoods which will most likely become, uh, sketchy neighborhoods.
Sketchy employers are firing non-sketchy employees in order to hire cheaper sketchy employees, more than likely sketchy employees without legal documentation.
Sketchy homeowners Island wide are building sketchy illegal apartments for sketchy tenants.
Other sketchy homeowners are renting out their unsellable sketchy house to sketchy tenants while they move out of state.
Why stop at having "sketchy houses" with "sketchy tenants" Karl? Perhaps we should just bulldoze the houses and put a few trailers on each of their lots.

So sketchy will be the new normal on Long Island?

So I don't have to be afraid to move to Oregon anymore (I was afraid because 85% of the property crimes there are committed by methampethamine addicts) as the meth heads will be coming to ME here on LI?

Thanks. People USED to come to NY to make money. Now they are coming to be as sketchy as they are everywhere else in this crappy country!!!! NO! Stay out losers!

Ick! I am thinking of moving to a mainly English speaking country that is not too cold. Looked into Australia and found out they have a massive meth problem so might as well stick with fly over country if I want that. Or maybe save up and move to India, buy a house in a gated community or a doorman high rise and live off my investments. There I can have servants to do my bidding for the equivalent of around US$25 a month each. Over there they all love me for my ultra fair complexion, "sharp features," and blue blue eyes and the fact that I am not short and when you look at me from the neck down you can tell that I am not a pre-adolescent boy (unlike many of the scrawny women there). Seriously. I am hot as a Bollywood goddess over there. Hmmm. I wonder is there such a thing as a male concubine in India? Cause I could afford a few if there are ... Oh this is getting O/T ... where was I ...

Railing about "sketchy people" ... on my block anything sketchy is reported to the Village Mayor's Office. Seriously. I have them on speed dial. They rush to action super quick if I suggest me coming in to personally meet with them to discuss the matter! Hehehe. Wonder why? Plus being friends with the mailman lets me send out anonymous missives for free directing my neighbors on how they should behave with couth and decorum at all times. That is one of the reasons I don't move ... because there might be sketchy people already in the area and since I would be the new kid on the block I couldn't push them around. Or if I moved to a really great neighborhood I could be considered the sketchy new neighbor ... Heavens! Anything but that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,333,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Or maybe save up and move to India, buy a house in a gated community or a doorman high rise and live off my investments. There I can have servants to do my bidding for the equivalent of around US$25 a month each. Over there they all love me for my ultra fair complexion, "sharp features," and blue blue eyes and the fact that I am not short and when you look at me from the neck down you can tell that I am not a pre-adolescent boy (unlike many of the scrawny women there). Seriously. I am hot as a Bollywood goddess over there. Hmmm. I wonder is there such a thing as a male concubine in India? Cause I could afford a few if there are ... Oh this is getting O/T ... where was I ...
Do not let go of this thought, it is possible you might eventually end up there.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:53 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Do not let go of this thought, it is possible you might eventually end up there.
It would be perfect if I could have a little cottage in R.P. so I would be able to leave India for a few months when it's monsoon season and when it's too hot ...

Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_li_but View Post
it would be perfect if i could have a little cottage in r.p. So i would be able to leave india for a few months when it's monsoon season and when it's too hot ...
lol

Old 06-25-2009, 06:16 PM

999 posts, read 2,357,017 times
Southamerica ... sell your house and you'll be set for life on 200k down there....oh and like .90 a gallon in some parts for gas

Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
Or wait 20 years till LI is South America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Southamerica ... sell your house and you'll be set for life on 200k down there....oh and like .90 a gallon in some parts for gas

Old 06-25-2009, 06:39 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I think it'll be alot sooner than that. If I were to leave the U.S. I'd go to Canada.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
or wait 20 years till li is south america!
lol

Old 06-25-2009, 07:21 PM

90 posts, read 296,232 times
Quote:
I think it is going to happen alot faster than that

Old 06-26-2009, 05:36 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
its not like that in argentina. its very expensive there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island