Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:42 AM

8,815 posts, read 21,280,851 times

Advertisements

Mobile home parks (they don't call them "trailers") are very popular in Caifornia and sit on some of the state's prime ocean front real estate.They are very pretty with winding streets , trees and flowers all over. They have them in upscale places such as San Clemente even.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 05:24 AM

164 posts, read 458,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Mobile home parks (they don't call them "trailers") are very popular in Caifornia and sit on some of the state's prime ocean front real estate.They are very pretty with winding streets , trees and flowers all over. They have them in upscale places such as San Clemente even.
sounds beautiful

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times

Old 08-07-2009, 07:01 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
So you wouldn't live in Syosset?
No I hate syosset...not to mention, can't afford it anyway. Hate it though...everyone is stuck up driving mom & dad's porsches.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
there are trailor parks in Bohemia and Holbrook, and those are both very nice areas.
wouldn't live there either...too far from manhattan.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:34 AM

23 posts, read 112,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
But wouldn't you say the trailer parks have something to do with that? It's not about race, you're right, but fact is, many people in amityville are poor (as well as rich/middle class etc)...and the poor can have a negative effect on a school district...ex. hempstead, freeport, etc.

"there really aren't any negatives?"...sorry but a trailer park is a pretty biiiiig negative. i would not live in a town that had trailer parks in it...even if I was living in the "good part"...but that's me.
The trailer parks are pretty far away from the actual "village" of amityville. North Amityville isn't part of the Village of Amityville, so it's not even really in the same town.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MataLeao3 View Post
The trailer parks are pretty far away from the actual "village" of amityville. North Amityville isn't part of the Village of Amityville, so it's not even really in the same town.
It's the same town though if has the same zipcode (hamlet, village, whatever).

Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 AM

23 posts, read 112,463 times
Quote:
It's the same town though if has the same zipcode (hamlet, village, whatever).

Well, as Walter Greenspan would say, the lines for the zip code and the actual village/hamlet lines aren't always the same. There are parts of "North Amityvlle" that have the farmingdale zip code, copaigue zip code, and i think maybe lindenhurst zipcode. It's not so cut and dry, and most of it is arbitrary anyway.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
But wouldn't you say the trailer parks have something to do with that? It's not about race, you're right, but fact is, many people in amityville are poor (as well as rich/middle class etc)...and the poor can have a negative effect on a school district...ex. hempstead, freeport, etc.

"there really aren't any negatives?"...sorry but a trailer park is a pretty biiiiig negative. i would not live in a town that had trailer parks in it...even if I was living in the "good part"...but that's me.
We were in Amityville late last year, visited the beach. I thought it was a really nice place; saw some really pretty homes. However, big difference in visiting opposed to living there. What part of Nassau County are you in?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MataLeao3 View Post
Well, as Walter Greenspan would say, the lines for the zip code and the actual village/hamlet lines aren't always the same. There are parts of "North Amityvlle" that have the farmingdale zip code, copaigue zip code, and i think maybe lindenhurst zipcode. It's not so cut and dry, and most of it is arbitrary anyway.
Then those parts are Farmingdale not Amityville. North Amityville zipcode is 11701 just like Amity Harbor and Village
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island