Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:20 AM

432 posts, read 1,594,179 times

Advertisements

Anybody ever go there? I'm thinking of taking a few kids bowling today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 06:27 AM

88 posts, read 480,989 times
Haven't been there un about 10 years. Back then it was a nice place during the day, but you couldn't go in there at night unless you were armed. Don't know if any of that is true anymore

Old 12-31-2009, 07:31 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjes View Post
Haven't been there un about 10 years. Back then it was a nice place during the day, but you couldn't go in there at night unless you were armed. Don't know if any of that is true anymore

Really?

Thats a bit of a stretch.

Its fine..its always been fine and Id be more afraid to Bowl in East Islip these days.
http://www.wcbs880.com/Two-Arrested-in-Bowling-Alley-Stabbing-on-L-I-/5968687 (broken link)

Old 12-31-2009, 11:32 AM

60 posts, read 183,133 times
havent been inside in a few years. outside typical grafitti tags. that side of the lake is full of section 8 housing. they used to host local rock bands on sat nights...that was fun. I would go there.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:19 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,323,539 times
Seems like a nice area, but a visit to that little park behind the bowling alley this past summer turned up quite a few illegals.
It smelled like a urinal too in the parking lot.
Such a shame, since it seemed like a nice area. I think the section around Old Westhampton road is still quite good though. Its the west side of the lake that aint as nice.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:51 PM

57 posts, read 178,742 times
Its a fine place to bowl a few frames with the kids, can get a beer or two also. They host children birthday parties also. Wonder if the place being built in Riverhead will ever open!!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:58 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,516,820 times
Its a little after the fact...but we had no problems bringing the kiddies (even in the dark spooky night!) They actually had a decent deal with bowling for 4, a pizza and drinks for like $50.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
Its a little after the fact...but we had no problems bringing the kiddies (even in the dark spooky night!) They actually had a decent deal with bowling for 4, a pizza and drinks for like $50.
FWIW

Coram Country Lanes

$2 Bowling Tues Nites

Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 AM

432 posts, read 1,594,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post

We had a great time, the place has been redone.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 7,281 times
Default This place is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalX View Post
We had a great time, the place has been redone.
Rest assured, this place is AWESOME!! I've bowled here when it was a dump and what the new owners have done, was, invest about $200,000.00 in a complete external and internal make over. Trust me, I know. I was the actor in their commercial which was filmed there a little over a year ago.

Wildwood features brand new, professional, SPF lanes with AMAZING laser and "dance club" lighting inside. Like $6,000 worth!! They have installed a complete "in-house" Pizzaria that sports a great menu and turned the crappy old bar into a dynamite "Sports Lounge" with 8 or 9 flat sceen TV's, Custom Booth Seating, Leather Sofas and, I believe, even a big screen TV as well.

Now, I haven't even gotten to the 15' X 30' JUMBO TRON mounted on the east wall, adjacent to the lanes, but it plays music videos while you bowl!!
AWESOME!!

Owners and brothers, Chris and John are EXTREMELY nice people that have done amazing things to Wildwood Lanes and they have even bigger plans for 2010, like an outside deck which will open out from the sports bar, overlooking the lake, that will feature live music for the Spring and Summer!!

I will be playing there with my cover/orig. acoustic band, Mojo Wire next month. We will be performing 3 blistering sets of great acoustic covers from:
The Doors
Rolling Stones
The Moody Blues
Guns n' Roses
Alice in Chains
Poison
Pearl Jam
Incubus
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Theory of a Dead Man
Warrant
Candlebox
Days of the New
Collective Soul
Bon Jovi and much, much more.

It's our 1st appearance there with this band and it all happens at 8pm, Friday, Feb. 26th. Check out our audio and new video at [URL="http://www.MySpace.com/MyMojoWire"]www.MySpace.com/MyMojoWire[/URL] and tell a friend and spread the love!!

Can anyone think of a better place to see a great cover/original band with no cover charge, where you can bowl a game or grab a cocktail at a Sports Lounge, then grab a hot fresh slice of real Pizza instead of some stale, frozen/heated up crap without leaving the building?! I know, I can't! They even have a few cool video games!! It's insane!

Wildwood has the ability to offer fantastic prices on party packages, because eveything is in house. Let's just say you wanted to throw a party and wanted to hire an awesome band like......oh, I don't know... let's just say Mojo Wire, but couldn't afford to swing the party cost AND the $500 to hire us. No worries!! If you bring 20 or more guests, we play for your party for 3 hours......ABSOLUTELY FREE!!
The owners pick up our tab!! Now that's awesome!!

Not to mention that your guests, at only $20 a head, get 3 full hours of Live Entertainment, UNLIMITED Bowling with Shoe Rental included and 2 hrs of UNLIMITED PITCHER refills of Beer and Soda! It's rediculous!!

Want to see this place? You can see the commercial shot for Wildwood in the 1st episode of my new "homegrown" cartoon called, "That Alien Show" (PG13 RATNG), at [URL="http://www.myspace.com/ThatAlienShow"]www.myspace.com/ThatAlienShow[/URL] It's getting a lot of laughs, poking fun at our govt. system and it's also my first attempt at writing/creating a cartoon short series.

Cheers!!
Bryan Clay (Lead Vocalist for BLIND and MOJO WIRE)

VISIT "BLIND" AT
[URL="http://www.MySpace.com/BlindOnes"]www.MySpace.com/BlindOnes[/URL]

Last edited by CLAYFACE; 01-29-2010 at 07:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island