Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,044 times

Advertisements

I have an RV that pulled up bout a week ago there's prostitution people in and out of it all night long making noise very trashy people my husband already said something to them so I am going to make the call but they're going to know it was us for sure but at this point I don't care I need to protect my family so if a vehicle is abandoned on your street more than 3 days and there's people in it you have to call your local police department non-emergency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 09:01 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,978,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No1beezey View Post
I have an RV that pulled up bout a week ago there's prostitution people in and out of it all night long making noise very trashy people my husband already said something to them so I am going to make the call but they're going to know it was us for sure but at this point I don't care I need to protect my family so if a vehicle is abandoned on your street more than 3 days and there's people in it you have to call your local police department non-emergency
If you live in the city of Los Angeles, there are only a few streets where vehicle living is allowed overnight. The only annoying thing is you have to call after 9pm or before 6am for most city streets. The police won't enforce it unless they are called. Here is the page on car living in the city, with maps of where car living is prohibited:

https://www.lacity.org/for-residents...hicle-dwelling

I've only called on one guy who took up residence in my neighborhood for several days. It took about 10 min on a weeknight on the non-emergency line to get through to LAPD. The vagrant was gone the next morning and hasn't come back. If the RV/car dwellers won't follow the law on where they can legally park, they are not going to follow other laws as well. Expect stolen packages, drugs, and prostitution if you allow these vagrants to stay in your neighborhood.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I would call the authorities. This guy is disgusting and inconsiderate. It isn't "Live and Let Live"; It's "Live and Screw My Neighborhood's Appearance and Property Values".

Bust him.
I am going to laugh my butt off when you become houseless and this happens to you

Old 02-11-2022, 06:40 PM

700 posts, read 448,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Pipgras View Post
I am going to laugh my butt off when you become houseless and this happens to you
Thanks for registering and saying this.

Old 02-11-2022, 07:12 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,618,999 times
Quote:
^^^
Posted from a camper illegally parked and stealing internet from the starbucks around the corner.

Old 02-14-2022, 06:36 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,639,225 times
Quote:
Sane, non addicts, don’t generally become homeless except through actions/deficiencies.

Normal train of thought is to do whatever it takes to not be homeless…not dissimilar from the basic need to eat and drink. So most people maintain a strong social network, usually through family. Thereby they have a place to stay if need be. Furthermore most people would take on additional work to avoid being homeless. Finally, most people would reasonably assess their living situation vs income and move to a place where the cost of living is lower.

This notion that people just magically become homeless is false. With a few exceptions ( product of foster system, severe illness, etc), people become homeless via their own actions.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:18 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,618,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Sane, non addicts, don’t generally become homeless except through actions/deficiencies.

Normal train of thought is to do whatever it takes to not be homeless…not dissimilar from the basic need to eat and drink. So most people maintain a strong social network, usually through family. Thereby they have a place to stay if need be. Furthermore most people would take on additional work to avoid being homeless. Finally, most people would reasonably assess their living situation vs income and move to a place where the cost of living is lower.

This notion that people just magically become homeless is false. With a few exceptions ( product of foster system, severe illness, etc), people become homeless via their own actions.
This.

Having worked with homeless in a professional capacity, this is a very accurate post.

The people you see living on the street have gotten there after burning bridge after bridge, and have no more friends or family to turn to after wearing out those options. Not a blanket statement, but definitely the norm.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:49 AM

21,760 posts, read 16,393,825 times
Quote:

While there is a lot of truth to this … there are a LOT of exceptions … a LOT. Illnesses, accidents, actions of failing partners, trauma-driven reactions. A lot of exceptions. Plenty of naturally-born intellectual deficiencies as well.

That said, what’s your point? The poster you quoted didn’t identify any specifics. There are lots of exceptions to your observations, as I noted. And even for those many many who made bad decisions and took wrong turns in life … what is it you are suggesting they suffer now they’ve hit bottom and face their failures and demons?

Just as importantly, what do you suggest society should continually suffer as a result of the presence?

I’ve volunteered to help homeless (mostly veterans) find health care, housing and benefits for over 30 years. There are all kinds out there: smart, stupid, nice, nasty, trustworthy, dangerous … just like in housed life.

Old 02-14-2022, 09:48 AM

11,085 posts, read 6,929,389 times
Before I left California in the fall of 2020, I saw many people living in their nice cars, having lost their jobs abruptly and then their housing, due to Covid. California was locked down tight and MANY people lost their income and their homes. Perfectly sane, fine upstanding citizens who don't want to bother you. They
had enough problems.

Have some tolerance and heart, people.

Old 02-14-2022, 04:17 PM

2,539 posts, read 1,313,265 times
Quote:
There is a new law in LA that encourages people to become homeless.

Quote:
Under the new rules, landlords will not be able to evict low-income tenants hurt by COVID-19 over non-payment of rent until at least 2023.
What will happen in 2023?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles