Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 PM

84 posts, read 283,898 times

Advertisements

yeah I thought it might be him. I was just interested if anyone else had any problems with this guy so I googled Granito drive assault and that video showed up on the first page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,516,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee53 View Post
Oh my God! That is the same guy! The same insane attitude and demeanor too, though he was less threatening in this video and seemed to be lying to try to make it seem as though the guy recording the video was as fault. Unbelievable. Thanks so much for posting it. How did you find this video?
In Google Maps Street View you can see a man near the top of the hill wearing a white shirt or jacket and a white hat. He's otherwise blurry, but could he also be the same one?

Old 09-02-2012, 03:20 PM

11 posts, read 22,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
In Google Maps Street View you can see a man near the top of the hill wearing a white shirt or jacket and a white hat. He's otherwise blurry, but could he also be the same one?
If you're talking about the person watering the lawn, I think that's a gardener. That's the house that the guy came out of though. He first started yelling at me from the balcony on the second floor where the bougainvillea is, and then came down and lost his mind.

I actually emailed with the person who recorded that video, and he said that he ended up calling the police at the time (I guess nothing happened with that). He also said that he did some investigating into whether that road is private and actually got a letter from a City Council person saying that it's not. He said that because of his digging, they ended up removing the sign at the bottom of the road that says "PVT". That sign still shows up on Google Maps, but I don't know if it's still there. I also asked him to let the police know all of this in conjunction with my report. I did my part as far as filing a report, showing the video to the police, etc., so it's pretty much up to the police and city attorney now. Hopefully there'll be some justice!

Old 09-02-2012, 03:32 PM
NG3

22 posts, read 42,602 times
Im glad you guys are taking action on this creep. Hopefully, the police will at least give him some sort of warning and not sweep this under the rug.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:12 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee53 View Post
If you're talking about the person watering the lawn, I think that's a gardener. That's the house that the guy came out of though. He first started yelling at me from the balcony on the second floor where the bougainvillea is, and then came down and lost his mind.

I actually emailed with the person who recorded that video, and he said that he ended up calling the police at the time (I guess nothing happened with that). He also said that he did some investigating into whether that road is private and actually got a letter from a City Council person saying that it's not. He said that because of his digging, they ended up removing the sign at the bottom of the road that says "PVT". That sign still shows up on Google Maps, but I don't know if it's still there. I also asked him to let the police know all of this in conjunction with my report. I did my part as far as filing a report, showing the video to the police, etc., so it's pretty much up to the police and city attorney now. Hopefully there'll be some justice!
This is hilarious - not to you, I'm sure - but I love that this guy is getting ****ed with. I'm all for privacy, but if you're really looking to not be bothered, go buy a ranch in Montana, or a house on an actual private road.

Please keep us posted.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:35 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Just saw on CBS news last night that the city council for the Hollywood Hills has filed suit to prevent gates from going up on streets owned by the public eventhough the city has a deal with the homeowners. He said it's still illegal to prevent the public from accessing the streets.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:55 PM

Just thought I'd post a quick follow up. I drove to the area again to see if there were any signs at the bottom of Granito marking the street as private. There were not, and you'll note in the pictures below that the "PVT" sign that used to be below the street sign (and which shows up in Google Maps) is no longer there.

As I noted above, based on my emails with the person that made the YouTube video posted in this thread, he researched the issue and got the city to remove the PVT sign. So, it seems pretty obvious that this is a public street like any other.
Attached Thumbnails
Granito Drive in the Hollywood Hills = Private?!?-photo-1.jpg   Granito Drive in the Hollywood Hills = Private?!?-photo-2.jpg  

Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM

223 posts, read 523,834 times
Another online place to check out is ZIMAS and type in 7846 Granito to start the search of the area.

I had something like this happen to me, except I was jogging in Glendale up in the mountain, and decided to takea picture of the sidewalk and had a family come out and threaten me. I did ask many times what's wrong with me being on a public street taking pictures of a sidewalk. I was surprised to not see police come for me that day. I am a Civil Engineer and like to take pictures of hillside stuff for my company blog. Taking pictures and hiking is probably a crime to some of these people too.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 AM

302 posts, read 453,064 times
Wow, keep us updated. I'd like to see him thrown in the slammer for assault, especially considering he's been doing this for awhile now.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 PM

Hello. I just wanted to provide an update on the situation with the individual living at the top of Granito Drive who attacked me a couple of months ago. I'm happy to report that the City Attorney's Office has decided to take up the case.

To that end, I'd like to ask anyone that has had a run-in with the individual in the video (see post #14 above) to please send me a private message so that I can put you in touch with the attorney working on this case. As you can tell from the above posts, this guy has harassed/assaulted various other people, and it will really help the case if those that have had run-ins with this guy comes forward.

Thanks for your help! I very much appreciate it!

Last edited by KayGee53; 11-13-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles