Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 PM

455 posts, read 1,115,148 times

Advertisements

I say start planning on moving to LA and also start planning on getting a divorce. Your husband sounds like a racist jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 09:33 PM

455 posts, read 1,115,148 times
Oh wait and what a treat. The guy has a drinking problem? Lots of other great guys out there who love California and aren't drunks.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:12 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,502,280 times
No overweight people in San Diego? Really??

Old 03-02-2011, 01:20 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,376,614 times
It's not the best moment, you should wait some years.Except if you have a job there.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria4 View Post
Hello everyone, I am a newbie. I am on the east coast but I want to return to CA. I was in San Diego for about eight years and then moved to the east coast on a whim. After twelve years here I’m sick of the ice and snow and getting snowed in and want to move to a warm climate. I have friends in San Diego and they love me and we had such good times there (some of the BEST memories in my life!!). My husband (I got married after I moved to the east coast) hates LA (crowds and Mexicans) and so I was thinking maybe Burbank or even San Diego (I like screenwriting but I have absolutely no illusions that CA will help me with that. In fact I'm pretty sure that I'll retire a secretary). So, not sure what to do. I saw American History X and it scared the hell out of me since I'm Asian. Looks like neo nazism is on the rise in CA. My husband has been yelling at me about MS13 which is some scary racist gang in CA. He thinks I am completely stupid for wanting to move to CA. He may have a point. But I don’t like FL. NM is horribly hot in summer and so’s AZ. I’m not getting younger, and I need to move to a warm climate while I’m still relatively young. I mean, if moving sucks, it will be ten times worse when I’m old. Any thoughts?
well let me tell you a couple of things:1-if he hates hispanics, do not move to Calif. You will end up divorced or tegether and miserable. and 2-NM isn't hot at all in the summer unless you live in Southern NM. If you live near Albuquerque or north it probably has the best weather and still seasonal changes of anywhere in the country. Yes, the temps climb to the 90s, even 100 a few times a year (rarely) but it is dry. If there is anything I miss about NM it is the beautiful weather, but if hubby hates Mexiacans they are in NM as well. MOst are very different than what you will get in So CA but they are still Hispanic.

Nita

Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,844 times
Considering only the geographic location and not the relationship issues, has the OP thought about Hawaii or pehaps inland Northern California? Hawaii has that warm year round climate that is yearned for, and NorCal cities such as Redding and Chico are downright hot.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
holy s&^%!! I am seeing things in a whole new way. I am so glad I posted on this board!! he loves Portland and he is white. But I do love him, very much. he depends on me right now but hopefully he'll get his finances straight soon. it is a big burden on me and he needs to resolve them soon, it's a lot of work supporting someone and I cannot do this forever, it's getting kind of crazy. I am so glad I don't have kids!!
he says that me wanting to move to LA is because I am having a mid life crisis. Am I? I just love CA and the sun and I'm getting old and it's cold here and you live only once. I was just so happy there. maybe it's just me thinking the grass is greener.
I think you both need to sit down and understand where each is coming from: he hates Mexicans, he doesn't want to move to Ca, you keep talking about how old you are getting, he says you are going through a mid life crisis(that doesn't sould old to me) Somehow I see more family concerns than just were to live.

Nita

Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 PM

425 posts, read 1,956,053 times
Quote:
that's fine. Someone else will rub salt in your wounds.
lmfao

Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM

55 posts, read 126,779 times
One thing is missing that is really important. Has he ever been to LA and more importantly recently. If he hasn't maybe you should take a trip and hit a bunch of different locations. Maybe even different cities. To me it sounds like he is ignorant.

It's not crazy to want to move to LA, but it's not crazy to not want to move to LA.

Although in my opinion his reasons are a bit strange.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 PM

385 posts, read 722,171 times
Quote:
Hello everyone, I am a newbie. I am on the east coast but I want to return to CA. I was in San Diego for about eight years and then moved to the east coast on a whim. After twelve years here I’m sick of the ice and snow and getting snowed in and want to move to a warm climate. I have friends in San Diego and they love me and we had such good times there (some of the BEST memories in my life!!). My husband (I got married after I moved to the east coast) hates LA (crowds and Mexicans) and so I was thinking maybe Burbank or even San Diego (I like screenwriting but I have absolutely no illusions that CA will help me with that. In fact I'm pretty sure that I'll retire a secretary). So, not sure what to do. I saw American History X and it scared the hell out of me since I'm Asian. Looks like neo nazism is on the rise in CA. My husband has been yelling at me about MS13 which is some scary racist gang in CA. He thinks I am completely stupid for wanting to move to CA. He may have a point. But I don’t like FL. NM is horribly hot in summer and so’s AZ. I’m not getting younger, and I need to move to a warm climate while I’m still relatively young. I mean, if moving sucks, it will be ten times worse when I’m old. Any thoughts?
moving to mexican named cities like los angles and san diego isnt a good idea then duh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles