Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,243 times

Advertisements

Hi Im Oskar Im 16 and I need help finding a way to move back to California!!! I was born and raised there till now, I live in Texas right now and have been living here for a year! I was forced by my parents. I talk to them about how I feel and they dont really help me out because they say in California properties are to EXPENSIVE! and they are they have raised tooooo much!

My dads willing to pay for a house is around the $250- $390's which is impossible to find a nice 3bed 2ba home in California that is descent with those prices these days. And if I were to move back it would be preffered to be in LA County or Riverside County...

Well my dad owns apartments in Lynwood California.

Since I'm only a teenager I cant live on my own.

I recently visted California this past week and wow I had the TIME OF MY LIFE I saw all my old friends who I grew up with it was amazing, I had lots of fun!!..

As soon as I got back which was on friday the 17th of August. I began feeling down, low, and I feel I'm goin to fall into depression.

I need a way to convince my parents please!

If theres any advise that anyone can give me please help..

I feel that I need to try for acting or modeling so I can get myself and my family back to California.

Heres my myspace incase any of you who are reading this want to check it out..

MySpace.com - Oskar☆ - 16 - Male - Edinburg, Texas - www.myspace.com/od_91

-OSKAR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 02:16 AM

652 posts, read 2,803,785 times
I was going to do a Dateline NBC joke, but...

Old 08-24-2007, 03:20 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,636,513 times
are you college-bound? why don't you apply to schools here, get a job and stay after graduation? you don't have to live where your parents do once you are an adult.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:30 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,894 times
Good suggestion, Katenik. At 16 years of age, you will be on your way out of the house and hopefully to college. Which there are plenty of in LA. And, if you are particularly interested in acting, then when you graduate from high school you can come to LA to study acting and to work on building your acting resume. It's always best to pursue an acting career when you are young and have less at stake financially. The older and more entrenched you become earning a living in a traditional career, the more difficult it becomes to pursue acting as a full time vocation.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:24 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Why are you in the Rio Grande Valley? That's the worst part of Texas. Have you been around Texas? Not all of Texas is like that. Ever been to Houston, DFW, or San Antonio yet?

Old 08-25-2007, 01:54 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,337,794 times
So i looked up your myspace. Now i know why you hate TX. 1) Edingburg looks like a horrible city, 2) none of TX is gay friendly.

You're best bet is to try and get in to a college out here. Even if you're not that smart, there are plenty of CSU colleges which aren't as hard as UC colleges. There is CSU Northridge, CSU Long Beach, CSU San Bernardino, CSU Channel Islands, CSU Bakersfieild, and SDSU.

But if you want to move with them, would you want a house? B/c if having a house isn't a big concern, you could definitely afford a condo for that price in Riverside county or San Bernardino county.

Here are some homes in Riverside.
REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail
I wouldn't mind living in that one, especially since it has a pool. The crime is not high compared to CA or the national average.

Here's the link to the search.
Riverside, CA Homes, Real Estate, Condominiums & More - REALTOR.com

Last edited by jessemh431; 08-25-2007 at 02:04 PM..

Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
2) none of TX is gay friendly.
Actually the largest GLBT church is located in Dallas proper and don't forget the Montrose neighborhood in Houston. It's ironic that the largest GLBT church is in the reddest part of the state (the North Suburbs on the Dallas side of the Metroplex--which are commonly referred to as Dallas--are the reddest part of Texas).

The bigots are usually from the rural areas; the representative who brought up the constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage is from Pampa, a city in the Panhandle (near Amarillo) and the Governor is from Abilene, just west of the DFW metroplex. I believe that in Texas that the rural areas have always been more influential than the urban areas.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:44 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,837,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
none of TX is gay friendly.

I'm not gay, but I have read that the Montrose area of Houston has one of the country's largest gay populations.
Austin has many too.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,476 times
I used to live in Texas. I feel your pain. My parents did the same thing to me when I was younger (I was yanked out of L.A. more than once). As an adult I made my way back to L.A. I actually left home at 17. Don't get any ideas.

I always find it interesting when straight people tell me how gay-friendly a place is. I know they mean well.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,837,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
I used to live in Texas. I feel your pain.
Most parts of Texas (especially the smaller towns and 'burbs) compared to south/central Austin or the Montrose in Houston are like comparing night and day. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles