Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,086,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
I agree with you, but don't find it necessary to shout. The problem I have with people using their signal, is that they often wait until I'm about four feet from their rear bumper before they decide to signal, and usually, they want to move right now. Since I am going a little faster than they are, they get mad at me for not letting them in, even though they signaled much to late for me to have enough room to let them in. My point is, when you use your signal, allow enough time for other drivers to respond before making your move.
I don't shout (just emphasis added)

About the signal, I can keep it on for days and most likely not one person would be kind enough to simply let go of the gas for one split second and let a car in. In fact, the signal is counter productive, cars see you they speed up and tailgate. So what happens, I have to cut people off bad and get annoyed with how freakin rude people are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,086,294 times
Quote:

One of my pet peeves has to do with a similar attitude from these same people on the freeways. They are the ones that get in the left lane and stay there, period. In most states, the law states that you must keep right, except to pass. California should do the same.
I agree 100%. The fast lane should be a passing lane only with Autobahn speed limits

Old 10-03-2007, 12:41 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,594,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLQ View Post
I don't shout (just emphasis added)

About the signal, I can keep it on for days and most likely not one person would be kind enough to simply let go of the gas for one split second and let a car in. In fact, the signal is counter productive, cars see you they speed up and tailgate. So what happens, I have to cut people off bad and get annoyed with how freakin rude people are.
I completely understand what you are saying, and I also agree that it happens a lot in L.A. My only point about the blinker was that people shouldn't put it on after someone has come up alongside their rear bumper and then expect that person to back off to let them in. I've seen people do this countless times, then get mad at me because I didn't inconvenience myself to let them in by slowing way down again.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:54 AM

83 posts, read 220,993 times
Quote:
I completely understand what you are saying, and I also agree that it happens a lot in L.A. My only point about the blinker was that people shouldn't put it on after someone has come up alongside their rear bumper and then expect that person to back off to let them in. I've seen people do this countless times, then get mad at me because I didn't inconvenience myself to let them in by slowing way down again.
I've experienced that too. If I need to apply my brakes in freeflow traffic to let somebody in, then I just don't. Too bad.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:09 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,594,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Brunolesci View Post
I've experienced that too. If I need to apply my brakes in freeflow traffic to let somebody in, then I just don't. Too bad.
I would do so to allow them in if they decided to signal before I caught up to them. Since they always seem to wait too long, and I've already passed their rear bumper by the time they signal, I figure they can just wait a little longer for me to complete my pass.

It's usually about that time that they decide to speed up since I didn't slow down the first time they wanted to come over. By then it's too late, and I just decide that if they really mean to come over, they should be behind me. I believe that just because they fail to properly plan their lane changes, it shouldn't cause me to put unnecessary wear and tear on my vehicle.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:15 AM

Another thing that gets to me is when somebody leaves their signal on for five minutes, then without a [recent] warning jumps in front of me.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:54 AM

332 posts, read 2,150,330 times
Quote:
Another thing that gets to me is when somebody leaves their signal on for five minutes, then without a [recent] warning jumps in front of me.
or those indecisive drivers that'll signal to get into your lane, so you make room for them, then they turn the signal off so you drive forwards thinking they wanna stay where they are, but just as you're about to reach their car, they signal again and cut you off.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:05 AM

Then they get mad, while continuing to yammer to another female on their phone about their cousin's bar mitzvah or something.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:04 PM

307 posts, read 1,421,666 times
sometimes the right hand turn thign has to do with your turning radius. if your vehicle doesn't have a sharp turning radius then you have to make a wide right turn into a parking lot or you risk not being able to make the turn cause of someone else trying to come out of the driveway at the same time who is in the middle instead of his side, etc.....and then you have to go up the curb to make the turn or risk hitting his car, etc. etc. etc. so......in that case the person behind me has to wait 2 seconds while i make a wide right turn....but I DO signal. = )

Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,353,738 times
Quote:
Come on...just say it...you mean Asians right?

And about the Bar Mitzvah thing, why does it have to be only Jewish people? You're saying that only people like me and my family talk on our cell phones? LOL. There's PLENTY of other people that do that too my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles