Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,547,409 times

Advertisements

Because they want to and it is their hair not yours? Does blonde hair on whites make you uncomfortable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,492,798 times
same reason a lot of asian chicks wear blue contacts

Old 01-03-2013, 03:58 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,549,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Because they want to and it is their hair not yours? Does blonde hair on whites make you uncomfortable?
LOL!

How does anyone know its "dyed"? Does it not match their eyebrows or something?

I've always wanted to know why non-blue eyed people shove contacts in their eyes to lighten them and end up with a blood-shot mess that is obviously not their true eye color.

Then again...none of my damn business!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
I used to dye my hair black because I wanted to look like Motley Crue. I miss being a kid.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,628,805 times
non blue eyed people with brown skin that clearly do not look mixed getting blue or green or light brown contacts look desperate and the color looks so unnatural.

the fascination with white people or being white is beyond ridiculous, especially in the third world. In India, they have fair and lovely white lightening cream. In Africa, some black people avoid the sun from what I've heard. In Latin America, if you're white or lighter skinned you get to the front of the line in most top posts.

I guess the only place where being white doesn't matter is the Middle East? Then again I hear in Israel that Ashkenazi Jews get more attention and praise then Sephardic, Yemeni and non-white Jews.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 PM

23 posts, read 37,747 times
Because they are tourists trying to look like "Californians."

A red head in Santa Monica

Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,492,798 times
what I find funny sometimes are these korean dudes who talk like, "hey dude, what's up bro", but with a korean accent :lol:

Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,828,637 times
Well I know it's rare, but there are black folk with lighter hue eyes. My husband's family (maternal side) all have lighter shaded eyes. Hubby is hazel/green; brother-in-law is blue and sister-in-law is amber. My mother-in-law had light Brown with specs of blue; all very weird since most of them are medium brown skinned. The Paternal side is very fair, but all dark brown eyes. Only one of my sons have lighter brown eyes.

I'm not sure why folks wear the fake colored contacts; perhaps more of a fashion thing.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:20 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,831,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
non blue eyed people with brown skin that clearly do not look mixed getting blue or green or light brown contacts look desperate and the color looks so unnatural.

the fascination with white people or being white is beyond ridiculous, especially in the third world. In India, they have fair and lovely white lightening cream. In Africa, some black people avoid the sun from what I've heard. In Latin America, if you're white or lighter skinned you get to the front of the line in most top posts.

I guess the only place where being white doesn't matter is the Middle East? Then again I hear in Israel that Ashkenazi Jews get more attention and praise then Sephardic, Yemeni and non-white Jews.
Maybe because that is what they're told is beautiful by pretty much everything in existence. Societal and media influences, how do they work!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,311,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post

That's a whole other discussion. But going back to the original post, I think we can determine that men in Santa Monica (or LA) do not dye their hair blond. White guys who are brunettes never dye it blond. Almost never. White women going blond on the other hand is not so unusual. A small number of Asians/Latinos/Black men do dye their hair blond, but far from a large number, and it looks as tacky as unnatural blue eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: