Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 PM

195 posts, read 348,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
No, I don't. I'm just hoping that the reason why your responses are pretty uninformed and you haven't been out of the county much is because you're young, which is understandable. If not, that's unfortunate.
LOL no need to overeact. This really has nothing to do about age only that you yourself want it that way.

I was talking about a particular street or area I was in NOT the whole entire city of Pasadena.

Last edited by 54h4j645jj35; 11-21-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 08:43 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
Do you know what the phrase non sequitur means?

Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Do you know what the phrase non sequitur means?
Lol thats a word thats almost never used.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:23 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
Nah, you're just continuing to show your lack of education and tender age. I learned that phrase when I was about 8 reading the comics section in the LA Times and had to have my dad explain it to me. Wiley's strip used to be a staple, but I'm sure it's still there.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Nah, you're just continuing to show your lack of education and tender age. I learned that phrase when I was about 8 reading the comics section in the LA Times and had to have my dad explain it to me. Wiley's strip used to be a staple, but I'm sure it's still there.
Here you go again, lol no one here uses that word only you and for the last time I was not talking about the whole entire city.

I'm guessing being an OLD man or irrelevant is important to you. Its like the neighborhood you stay at lol being that is looked upon.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:32 AM

181 posts, read 319,531 times
If Pasadena is considered a conservative place, then it is certainly an island in the midst of a sea of liberal areas. When you look at the towns nearby, it would certainly make it hard to believe Pasadena is a seriously conservative place. North of Pasadena, you have Altadena, which was one of the first places African-Americans were allowed to own property in Southern California, and as a result, is home to a significant (liberal) African-American population today. Then you have the the towns that lie to the city's South and East, which are all smaller towns that have demographics that are pretty characteristic of the San Gabriel Valley as a whole; a lot of Asians and Hispanics (which I would say are groups that tend to tilt more liberal). You then have the LA neighborhoods of Eagle Rock and Highland Park to the West of Pasadena, which I wouldn't doubt tilt more liberal.

The most conservative thing about Pasadena is probably South Pasadena, which despite the similarity in name, is not actually a part of its city limits.

Last edited by CityGuy88; 11-23-2013 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 11-23-2013, 08:02 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
seriously have you or others on this thread ever hang out around Old Town?? Colorado Blvd is one of the most happenin' spots in all of LA County. I wonder if some are possibly stuck in an idea of what Pasadena was like years ago?
Don't forget that many of the people frequenting Old Town at night don't live there. Old Town is like Westwood was, 40 years ago (when Colorado Blvd consisted of mostly pawn shops and deserted stores). You're right that people may think of Pasadena as it was in the past. It's definitely become more liberal in the past couple of decades. There are many more young people and fewer aging conservatives living there now.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 PM

110 posts, read 236,826 times
liberal

Old 11-25-2013, 08:25 AM

143 posts, read 395,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54h4j645jj35 View Post
It seems like most if not all conservative places are kept clean and look really nice. I haven't been to one that is not.
"Most if not all . . ." based on an exhaustive research study, I gather. Maybe due to income? OP should head to the Central Valley. Generally conservative, and, of course, spotlessly clean.

Back to OP's actual question: I think Pasadena long had a rep as an "old" population (and old money) city, along with San Marino. Remember the song, "Little Old Lady From Pasadena"? As with most cities, Pasadena has changed over the years.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:33 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54h4j645jj35 View Post
Here you go again, lol no one here uses that word only you and for the last time I was not talking about the whole entire city.

I'm guessing being an OLD man or irrelevant is important to you. Its like the neighborhood you stay at lol being that is looked upon.
Look, it's always good to increase your vocabulary and knowledge in general, at any age. It is your loss that you don't feel that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles