Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 04:48 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,775,263 times

Advertisements

[quote=jmpride05;37610202]Thank you everyone for your kind suggestions, my approach is a little bit more in order

1) Career centric
2) Lower overhead (rent) without sacrificing quality of life. IE: savings, student loans,
3) Gay Community

While I am CURRENTLY in Torrance, I am seeking my next position in either
1) West LA / West Hollywood (The better / best part of LA)
2) OC
3) San Diego.
^ I think these 3 are all fine for "weather"

I will have to open up a little more about what I meant; NYC...The closest thing to a walkable city or town that is vibrant and cultural to some regard. If San Fran was warmer, I would most likely be there.

My take so far

OC: Since living in Boston / NY, OC seems rather boring and feeble minded although aesthetically perfect!
* Is there REALLY a decent gay community there to date / meet new people?..[/quote]

You don't need to live in Boston or NYC to realize Orange County is a boring suburban wasteland. If by aesthetically perfect you mean "clean" than ok...but architecturally it is atrocious.

Try Silverlake, Echo Park, Los Feliz or even Downtown LA but sounds like those areas are too gritty for you. Maybe Orange County is a better fit for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles