Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:00 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
And I just looked through your posting history and you rarely post in this forum, for the most part. The majority of my posts are here.

Again, he always speak ill of Armenians. Why do you think someone else asked why he has a problem with Armenians? It's because he's brought up issues multiple times. Visit here more often and you'll see.
Yes, I rarely post but I do often read others' posts which is kinda why I don't post often.

He stated he lived in where there was a large Armenian population so he naturally was exposed to them frequently and/or he might be biased because of that. Then again, you might be Armenian and that was why you were being so defensive?

On a separate discussion:
Wth does "non-Latino/Hispanic White" mean exactly?

I thought, if you are White, that'd automatically mean you are not Latino/Black/Asian!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 01:35 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Yes, I rarely post but I do often read others' posts which is kinda why I don't post often.

He stated he lived in where there was a large Armenian population so he naturally was exposed to them frequently and/or he might be biased because of that. Then again, you might be Armenian and that was why you were being so defensive?

I thought, if you are White, that'd automatically mean you are not Latino/Black/Asian!
Latino is not a race, but rather a cultural grouping, so therefore a Latino could ve white (like that boxer Canelo). However, most Latinos in LA are mestizo.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:14 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,771 times
Why does a lot of people not get this? The problem is that a lot of immigrants don't assimilate. It's because they have more pride in their own country than America! Why not have both flags? And for you multicultural lovers why is for the most part everyone sticks with "their own". Of course there are exceptions to this but most people stay with their own people and culture so what's the benefit? Or does it just look good to see a bunch of diffrent ethnicities walking around?

Old 04-26-2016, 12:38 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Why does a lot of people not get this? The problem is that a lot of immigrants don't assimilate. It's because they have more pride in their own country than America! Why not have both flags? And for you multicultural lovers why is for the most part everyone sticks with "their own". Of course there are exceptions to this but most people stay with their own people and culture so what's the benefit? Or does it just look good to see a bunch of diffrent ethnicities walking around?
This is my point. We have a generation of immigrants who want to come here to reap the benefits that generations of Americans have died for but they don't want to assimilate. They don't want to be a part of our culture and they are basically using us. The Armenians are just one example that is right in my face every day.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:43 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
This is my point. We have a generation of immigrants who want to come here to reap the benefits that generations of Americans have died for but they don't want to assimilate. They don't want to be a part of our culture and they are basically using us. The Armenians are just one example that is right in my face every day.
What is this "culture"? The only singular "American Culture" that I've seen is money and corporations. Other than that, I've mainly noticed different cultures, different enclaves representing different people. All holding their flags.

All people that died for this country weren't originating of one country. You know what happens when a neighborhood gets Americanized? Starbucks, Walmart and Bloomingdales.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:08 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,233 times
I passed by a car with an Armenian flag on it today. Also a car with an Angels flag on it.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,724,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I would never consider moving to another country and flying the American flag on my car and draping a flag on my hood. I don't think it would be acceptable in any other country to drive around the flag of any other country. If you are that proud of your country, why did you leave?
They need SOMETHING to be proud of ever since the kardashians became popular

Old 04-26-2016, 08:41 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
They need SOMETHING to be proud of ever since the kardashians became popular
I don't know if Armenians would even claim the Kardashians since they aren't full Armenian

Old 04-26-2016, 10:40 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

Yes, he lives in Glendale. Here's the thing he was renting a house in Glendale and the owner sold it, so what does he do? He rents an apartment in Glendale and continues to live there for a few more years.

Wouldn't the logical thing be to move out of Glendale? You have Montrose, Eagle Rock both close by. Burbank, on the other side. You rent, it gives you the freedom to move to another area not so heavily populated with people you don't like being around.

It's kind of like saying Italian food gives me indigestion, yet you go to an Italian restaurant once a week.

OP did buy a condo in Santa Clarita, so he will be out of Glendale soon enough. Which IMO should make one happy, and not even let behavior of people who I won't be seeing as much bother me. I would be smiling thinking soon enough all of this will be behind me.

Kind of like whining about your current boss when you just got a new job and gave your two weeks notice.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:35 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,161,355 times
The reason it's OK for them to display those flags is because we have the First Amendment.

/thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles