Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 02:54 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
If you're not a troll then you are just an absolutely ridiculous person. Clint Howard would play you in a movie.

Let me google that for you.
I see a laundry list of disparate articles including suicide rates which is a separate issue. And none of those are comparisons to sexual assault on women by straight men or on women/girls by male relatives, which was part of your response.

This is not an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 03:37 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,184,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I see a laundry list of disparate articles including suicide rates which is a separate issue.
Look up the stats of the number of violent crimes committed against trans people, then look up the number of violent crimes committed by trans people. It's thousands(against) and a few dozen(by) each year.

Quote:
And none of those are comparisons to sexual assault on women by straight men or on women/girls by male relatives, which was part of your response.

This is not an answer.
I never said that. I said children are far more likely to be victimized by relatives or family friends.

"Of child abuse cases in 2012, in over 80% of the cases the parent was the perpetrator."

Old 04-22-2016, 05:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
LOL....see these are the common sense realities that the Mayor and city council are oblivious to

It seems like blind political correctness is the name of the game in L.A today.

What happened to common sense...will it ever come back in this city?...

But I guess if you say this is a bad idea it automatically means you HATE transgendered people and want them dead or something.
PC is going way too far. Did transgender people just come on the planet? It seems for years everyone has been happy with the status quo and now, it is rights for this, rights for that? Come on people, give it a break.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR2015 View Post
which partly explains the Trump movement.
Yes, it does partly explain the Trump movement which btw it getting off topic here, but I will add, if you believe Trump is really in favor of transgender anything, I have some river front property in NM I would love to sell you.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:09 AM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
I posted a similar question on another thread asking what kinds of problems they were having going to the bathroom before. NO response. Apparently, the privacy rights of straight people in the bathrooms are not to be considered.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:39 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
PC is going way too far. Did transgender people just come on the planet? It seems for years everyone has been happy with the status quo and now, it is rights for this, rights for that? Come on people, give it a break.
What makes you think everyone has been happy with the planet's status quo for years? Because they hid and suffered in silence out of fear?

Old 04-22-2016, 06:45 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He said "single bathrooms" so pretty much nothing will change since everyone/anyone can use those now, right? I'm picturing the type that's in your house that both sexes use. I've never actually heard anyone come out and say that all group bathrooms are now going to be free for anyone to go into but maybe I missed that.
lol.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Look up the stats of the number of violent crimes committed against trans people, then look up the number of violent crimes committed by trans people. It's thousands(against) and a few dozen(by) each year.

I never said that. I said children are far more likely to be victimized by relatives or family friends.

"Of child abuse cases in 2012, in over 80% of the cases the parent was the perpetrator."
You're missing the point. Poorly worded laws allow non-trans people who are predators to take advantage. So we dismiss non-relative predators against children because they're allegedly only 20%. What number would you like it to be to care? People shouldn't be concerned unless it's the majority of cases?

Old 04-22-2016, 09:37 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
It's pure pandering and a waste of money (as if we don't have more pressing money needs in this city). How the heck does the current signage discriminate against transgender people? This nonsense really takes the cake. Not only are trans people an extreme minority but those without sex reassignment surgery are a minority within a minority.

Maybe the terms male and female are hurtful to their feelings and we should strike those words from our speech and all government documents (bye bye research on the gender pay gap) including drivers licenses, birth certificates, passports, voter ID, etc. since gender is all in our heads. Get rid of women's clinics too.

It certainly is a waste of money.

But you see no one should be offended these days.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I recently heard a professor on the local NPR station allege that 1 in 200 people are transgender. He did not cite his sources but you can best believe you'll hear increasingly larger numbers quoted (with no evidence), to make it seem that this issue looms as large as the women's movement or the Civil Rights movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles