Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,480,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Would you quit it already with your all liberals want to do this or that. It is really just childish dribble.

If you read 2Sleepy's post, he/she is not talking about shielding criminals. He is talking about due process and following the rule of law. You might want to try it sometime...it is something our founding fathers cherished.
Funny you talking about rule of law yet you are fine with Garcetti breaking federal laws ..
I say it because it's true . Where are the liberals in the media saying that illegal criminals need to leave ?
None of the mayors are saying that . They are just saying "we are all one .we love immigrants" BS

Now that is childish !
I know you libs think you can insult your way to being correct but it doesn't work .

Old 12-03-2016, 09:48 AM

587 posts, read 305,345 times
Because they are in fact criminals themselves, and are afraid of being Exposed in the very near future.

When government participants in crime, they then become criminals.

Whatever is done in the night soon comes to light.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:50 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,399,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes , what happened to giving a S about victims ? You never hear about it anymore from the left.
It's all about how they can fight to protect criminals whether they are legal or even illegal .

As he explains he is simply requiring they follow federal law .
The Obama Administration has deported more illegal immigrants than ANY other administration in U.S. History.

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President - ABC News

"President Obama directed U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to focus on criminals, not families, during his November 2014 executive action on immigration. In fiscal year 2015, 91 percent of people removed from inside the U.S. were previously convicted of a crime."

So yes the "liberal" President has deported many criminal illegal immigrants. Proving that yes liberals can distinguish between who are victims and who are criminals.

Your obsession with Garcetti is just silly. He is the frickn Mayor of LA...a largely symbolic post with very limited power even when compared to other big city Mayors.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:54 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,399,690 times
Quote:
Funny you talking about rule of law yet you are fine with Garcetti breaking federal laws ..
I say it because it's true . Where are the liberals in the media saying that illegal criminals need to leave ?
None of the mayors are saying that . They are just saying "we are all one .we love immigrants" BS

Now that is childish !
I know you libs think you can insult your way to being correct but it doesn't work .
Read my post above about Obama. I fully support the deportation of criminal illegal immigrants as has been done under Obama. Stop trying to put words in my mouth or push your misconceived notions about liberals on me. I like grown up adults who are reasoned and want to follow the rule of law. So uh yeah, you and I are on different planets.

Also, I NEVER said I support Garcetti's policies or statements on this issue.

Last edited by Astral_Weeks; 12-03-2016 at 10:13 AM..

Old 12-03-2016, 09:58 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,584,419 times
Quote:
But what aren't any of these sanctuary city mayors saying that ?
Why won't they say , "if you are a criminal you will have to go ?.. if you committed crimes on US soil you have to go ?"
Don't you think they should state that ?
Instead they are just lumping together legal immigrants with illegal and not stating anything about criminal behavior.
No everyone isn't " just the same"
Some do - Philly Mayor:

"Executive Order 5-16 states that city authorities will not cooperate with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainer requests for undocumented citizens who are arrested and would have otherwise been released from custody, unless the individual has committed a first or second degree felony involving violence," the mayor’s office said in a statement, Metro US reported.
Previous Mayor Michael Nutter ended city cooperation with ICE in 2014, but last month reversed course and issued an order increasing such coordination.

another

Philadelphia’s sanctuary city policy has been controversial. Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson has asked Kenney — and other mayors nationwide with similar policies — to reconsider how they work with federal immigration officials. But Kenney has largely balked at the request, saying the city shouldn’t be in the business of reporting undocumented immigrants to the feds just because they were stopped or otherwise discovered by police for a minor offense.

Note that request came from the Obama adminstration.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:08 AM

42,854 posts, read 26,316,632 times
Quote:
But what aren't any of these sanctuary city mayors saying that ?
Why won't they say , "if you are a criminal you will have to go ?.. if you committed crimes on US soil you have to go ?" Don't you think they should state that ?
Instead they are just lumping together legal immigrants with illegal and not stating anything about criminal behavior. No everyone isn't " just the same"
What are you even talking about? If an undocumented person commits a crime, they are arrested, they go through the judicial process and if found guilty they go to either jail or to prison, or they are placed on probation. If they are convicted of a felony offense (see this list) the Feds begin deportation proceedings and will issue a hold for mandatory deportation which is honored by all law enforcement agencies, including the California Department of Corrections.

You really should learn more about the process before you start opining about the issue.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:39 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,756,629 times
Because 99% of them aren't bothering anyone and/or are usefully employed.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What are you even talking about? If an undocumented person commits a crime, they are arrested, they go through the judicial process and if found guilty they go to either jail or to prison, or they are placed on probation. If they are convicted of a felony offense (see this list) the Feds begin deportation proceedings and will issue a hold for mandatory deportation which is honored by all law enforcement agencies, including the California Department of Corrections.

You really should learn more about the process before you start opining about the issue.
I'm saying they should be deported for any crime , we shouldn't wait until they murder .
It's just a difference of opinion . You want to be soft on crime .

Old 12-03-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Because 99% of them aren't bothering anyone and/or are usefully employed.
Not true. Even if they aren't drug dealing or robbing they are not paying income taxes they are committing fraud using false social security numbers etc .
What is the 99 percent figure from ?

Old 12-03-2016, 11:58 AM

Additionally the cost of taking care of these illegals is destroying . Healthcare , schooling etc that's a whole different issue of course .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles