Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 01:50 PM

42,812 posts, read 26,502,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm saying they should be deported for any crime , we shouldn't wait until they murder .
It's just a difference of opinion . You want to be soft on crime .
The discussion has been about ICE detainers. I suggested several times that if ICE wants local law enforcement to honor ICE detainers they need to issue them with a warrant signed by a judge. As it stands, they are not arrest warrants, they are requests to hold someone without a warrant or probable cause, at least two different Federal Courts have prohibited law enforcement from honoring them. How does that make me 'soft on crime', do you think I'm a federal judge or something?

Old 12-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Additionally the cost of taking care of these illegals is destroying . Healthcare , schooling etc that's a whole different issue of course .
Unless you can provide some proof of that I will have to assume that you are just making it up.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Not true. Even if they aren't drug dealing or robbing they are not paying income taxes they are committing fraud using false social security numbers etc .
What is the 99 percent figure from ?
They pay income tax and payroll taxes; most work for employers who require either a SSN or an ITIN.
"Collectively, America's undocumented immigrants pay an estimated $11.64 billion in state and local taxes every year with at least 50 percent of undocumented immigrant households filing tax returns using Individual Tax Identification Numbers. Many who do not file tax returns still have taxes deducted from their pay checks. Out of that $11.64 billion total, undocumented immigrants pay $6.9 billion in sales and excise taxes, $3.6 billion in property taxes and about $1.1 billion in personal income taxes. ITEP estimated that if America's 11 million undocumented immigrants were granted citizenship allowing them to work legally, current state and tax contributions would be boosted by over $2.1 billion a year. Forbes Welcome

I don't know about the 99% figure but they commit far fewer crimes than either native born citizens or second generation immigrants. Crime rises among second-generation immigrants as they assimilate | Pew Research Center

Old 12-03-2016, 03:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,558,193 times
[quote=2sleepy;46391027]Unless you can provide some proof of that I will have to assume that you are just making it up.[/QUOTE

Yeah you are right , it costs zero to educate a student and zero to pay emergency room bills

Old 12-03-2016, 03:28 PM

406 posts, read 349,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Would you quit it already with your all liberals want to do this or that. It is really just childish dribble.

If you read 2Sleepy's post, he/she is not talking about shielding criminals. He is talking about due process and following the rule of law. You might want to try it sometime...it is something our founding fathers cherished.
First off the majority of people don't understand legal precedent or how constitutional law works.

Secondly, following the law is only something people care about when it's convenient to them.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:48 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,199,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
First off the majority of people don't understand legal precedent or how constitutional law works.

Secondly, following the law is only something people care about when it's convenient to them.
That is simply not true. For example, I do not smoke weed and have no intention to do so. However, I voted that it be legal at the state level. There are many like me. We worry about people following the law or having to do so.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:49 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,199,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They pay income tax and payroll taxes; most work for employers who require either a SSN or an ITIN.
"Collectively, America's undocumented immigrants pay an estimated $11.64 billion in state and local taxes every year with at least 50 percent of undocumented immigrant households filing tax returns using Individual Tax Identification Numbers. Many who do not file tax returns still have taxes deducted from their pay checks. Out of that $11.64 billion total, undocumented immigrants pay $6.9 billion in sales and excise taxes, $3.6 billion in property taxes and about $1.1 billion in personal income taxes. ITEP estimated that if America's 11 million undocumented immigrants were granted citizenship allowing them to work legally, current state and tax contributions would be boosted by over $2.1 billion a year. Forbes Welcome

I don't know about the 99% figure but they commit far fewer crimes than either native born citizens or second generation immigrants. Crime rises among second-generation immigrants as they assimilate | Pew Research Center
Did Pew consider the danger of removal from the United States as it relates to those legal and illegal "first generation" Americans?

Old 12-03-2016, 04:04 PM

8,409 posts, read 6,511,635 times
They all have 4 kids and it takes $12,000 per year to educate their kids. Along with other taxpayer paid for expenses they are a BIG drain.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:38 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,451,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
They all have 4 kids and it takes $12,000 per year to educate their kids. Along with other taxpayer paid for expenses they are a BIG drain.
Link? Sounds like a Trumpian (AKA: phony as ****) statistic to me.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:40 PM

1,485 posts, read 959,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

If they are UNDOCUMENTED how can they legally work and pay taxes?? If they are UNDOCUMENTED how can they get a Social Security number to legally work?

UNDOCUMENTED means they snuck over the wall or under the fence. UNDOCUMENTED means ILLEGAL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles