Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:18 PM

406 posts, read 349,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
The Obama Administration has deported more illegal immigrants than ANY other administration in U.S. History.

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President - ABC News

"President Obama directed U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to focus on criminals, not families, during his November 2014 executive action on immigration. In fiscal year 2015, 91 percent of people removed from inside the U.S. were previously convicted of a crime."

So yes the "liberal" President has deported many criminal illegal immigrants. Proving that yes liberals can distinguish between who are victims and who are criminals.

Your obsession with Garcetti is just silly. He is the frickn Mayor of LA...a largely symbolic post with very limited power even when compared to other big city Mayors.
This.

Bush was much more lax on illegal immigration yet because he had an R next to his name people like jm give him a free pass.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:18 PM

42,875 posts, read 26,406,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
If they are UNDOCUMENTED how can they legally work and pay taxes?? If they are UNDOCUMENTED how can they get a Social Security number to legally work?
UNDOCUMENTED means they snuck over the wall or under the fence. UNDOCUMENTED means ILLEGAL
Are you arguing with me? If so that's a little absurd because not once have I claimed that undocumented people can legally work in the US, and they cannot apply for and receive a legitimate Social Security number. They usually use an ITIN number or an expired (dead persons) Social Security number, but here's the rub...every employer in the US has the right to run their job applicants through e-verify and deny employment to those who fail the check..maybe you should start calling employers in your area and asking why they don't do that

Old 12-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Additionally the cost of taking care of these illegals is destroying . Healthcare , schooling etc that's a whole different issue of course .
Only undocumented children are eligible for free healthcare, adults can be seen in the ER because there is no requirement that you prove your citizenship to receive emergency care. And yes, undocumented kids can go to school.. But there is a bigger question here:

What happens to our society if we don't allow these kids to go to school and if we deny them healthcare? They aren't going anywhere, Trump was lying to you...they will be here for the rest of their lives. Would you rather those kids grow up uneducated without even learning to read? And do you think it's a good idea to have a million kids running around unvaccinated?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Are you arguing with me? If so that's a little absurd because not once have I claimed that undocumented people can legally work in the US, and they cannot apply for and receive a legitimate Social Security number. They usually use an ITIN number or an expired (dead persons) Social Security number, but here's the rub...every employer in the US has the right to run their job applicants through e-verify and deny employment to those who fail the check..maybe you should start calling employers in your area and asking why they don't do that
Bingo. Easiest way to crack down on immigration is to go after the employers. You make it so an illegal can't easily get a job here and remove auto citizenship for babies and the border hoppers will slow to a trickle.

I would vote for anyone running on that platform in a heartbeat.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:23 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,175,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
This.

Bush was much more lax on illegal immigration yet because he had an R next to his name people like jm give him a free pass.
I don't give G.W. Bush any pass. He was an atrocious president. Iraq was a disaster. Because of him we ended up with Obama. And W was a Democrat on immigration, a country club R who only cares about corporate profits while illegal immigration ravages communities.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Bingo. Easiest way to crack down on immigration is to go after the employers. You make it so an illegal can't easily get a job here and remove auto citizenship for babies and the border hoppers will slow to a trickle. I would vote for anyone running on that platform in a heartbeat.
You don't need to have it legislated, what you need to do is pressure employers to use e-verify without it being mandated...it's a tool that is free and available for every single employer in the US to use. We need to be asking local employers why they aren't using it. I did that with several businesses in Reno and made some employers really uncomfortable...none gave me a straight answer but I am guessing they were probably a little bit more careful in the future about who they hired.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I don't give G.W. Bush any pass. He was an atrocious president. Iraq was a disaster. Because of him we ended up with Obama. And W was a Democrat on immigration, a country club R who only cares about corporate profits while illegal immigration ravages communities.
Yep. It was full blown disaster, followed by a nightmare.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:12 AM

1,485 posts, read 957,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Calm down. I'm not arguing with you.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:48 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,517,629 times
Quote:
This.

Actually...I didn't even vote for Bush. Nice try though

Old 12-04-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Actually...I didn't even vote for Bush. Nice try though
Did I say you voted for him? No. I said you gave him a pass. Learn 2 English. I make my posts based on things I read or know to be factually accurate.

Unless of course you have 10 threads about Bush where you are critiquing his immigration policy I haven't seen. Please link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles