Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 10:48 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,458,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I tried explaining that to someone in the illegal immigration sub forum and they keep jumping through 3d hoops to make it sound like new criminals will replace illegals being deported. Cant violate the laws of thermodynamics.
Illegals in general commit less crime as they want to hide not be caught and the vast majority want a better life and stay low as it were.

However if all illegals were gone ....... crime would drop.

Too late now as so many gangs are now made up of 2nd and 3rd generation children of illegals who are citizens and they do not need sanctuary cities. Whole neighborhoods now are gang filled. They would not exist at the level they do now if illegals had not been allowed in.

It would be interesting to see stats on crimes by the children of illegals who would not be here except for that illegal entrance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 11:54 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,655,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Whole neighborhoods now are gang filled. They would not exist at the level they do now if illegals had not been allowed in.

I'm not so sure about that. Look at the US cities with the fewest immigrants: Memphis, Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans....not exactly low crime cities.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,522,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I don't think it has much to do with immigrants of any kind.

The rise has more to do with L.A. being a sanctuary city for the homeless than a sanctuary city for illegals.

Now, sanctuary cities for illegals are illegal and unconstitutional, and should not be tolerated for all sorts of reasons, but I don't think they make that much difference when it comes to crime. There are other factors that are more important.
True and the city and local media try to hide the fact that homeless commit a lot of crime .
We have stats of crimes committed by whites black Hispanics asians etc

But where is the data on crime committed by homeless

Also lots of crimes committted by the homeless simply get ignored but they are nuisance and effect people
And lower the quality of life in the city .

Old 06-30-2017, 02:13 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,202,063 times
I agree the homeless are committing most of the small crimes where I live. They are obsessed with bikes. Everyday I see a homeless guy on a bike towing a bike next to his bike by holding on to the handlebar. At the river trail there's hundreds of bikes and bike parts spread all over the encampments. They also break into cars and shoplift like crazy. I think prop 47 has a lot to do with it.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:23 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,178,106 times
Quote:
I don't think it has much to do with immigrants of any kind.

The rise has more to do with L.A. being a sanctuary city for the homeless than a sanctuary city for illegals.

Now, sanctuary cities for illegals are illegal and unconstitutional, and should not be tolerated for all sorts of reasons, but I don't think they make that much difference when it comes to crime. There are other factors that are more important.
I totally agree and I support the bill when and if signed into law. I just wish we had a president who had even a modicum of decorum. The guy has good ideas, but he is really damn crude. Anti Mika tweets, really? His agenda will never fully succeed when he stumbles on his accord.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:55 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,522,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I agree the homeless are committing most of the small crimes where I live. They are obsessed with bikes. Everyday I see a homeless guy on a bike towing a bike next to his bike by holding on to the handlebar. At the river trail there's hundreds of bikes and bike parts spread all over the encampments. They also break into cars and shoplift like crazy. I think prop 47 has a lot to do with it.
I remember there was an LAPD officer that was posting photos on his twitter of homeless encampments that were front for stolen goods , thought that was pretty interesting . I can't remember the name of the officer .

Old 06-30-2017, 04:25 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,710,787 times
Quote:
Although I'm all for controlling illegal immigration and minimizing it to the smallest level possible, and I support Kate's Law and the sanctuary city bill, I really don't think illegals had that much to do with the rise in crime.
That's probably true from a statistical measure. However, the same thing you just said is what so many liberals want to keep making a point about don't understand what it means to somebody whose been effected by an illegal who came back to this country.

It doesn't matter if crime rises much or not. When you lose a loved one to somebody who never should have been in this country you can only imagine that if that person was kept out your loved one would still be around. Simple fact.

Liberals always side with the minority %. Small % of TG people are supported by liberals even though only a super small % actually need to use a "restroom" or "dressing room". But they support TG people.

So why can't liberals jump on board and support the small % of Americans that are killed by illegals?

Old 06-30-2017, 10:01 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,310,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
So why can't liberals jump on board and support the small % of Americans that are killed by illegals?
Something something privileged Americans. They need "poor unfortunates" to champion for in order to feel like a savior.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
While the number of illegals in any city may not have much to do with the overall crime rate, there is still some impact. Think about the few who do commit violent crimes, anything that can be done to get them out of our country or locked up is better than having them returning time and time again just to be deported again. One less criminal on the street is worth passing the law.

As for sanctuary cities, you want to protect illegals, great, give up the money our federal government is sending you each month. Better yet, hopefully the people of Los Angeles will vote in reasonable leaders one of these days.

let me add: I am not in favor of sending every single illegal back to their native country. There are times when deporting isn't the answer.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:07 AM

6,245 posts, read 3,628,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Andddd
Just as I predicted...

Garcetti has a lot of nerve to lecture about what makes the city safer since crime including violent crime has skyrocketed on his watch. Now you have a lot of crime happening in what were once known to be safe and low crime neighborhoods too.

And he's STILL calling illegal aliens , 'immigrants'. What an insult to legal immigrants.

----

"“Safety in our city depends on a spirit of trust, cooperation and partnership that we have built carefully over decades in Los Angeles,” he said. “The policies that guide our officers’ interaction with immigrants are well within the law, and the legislation passed today in the House would do nothing to make our communities better or safer."

LA mayor slams House immigration bills: They ‘do nothing’ to make us safer
So he wants us to trust people who've broken the law and possibly stolen identities and evaded taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles