Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 08:05 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I too believe in the gist of this -- the idea is to condition us all into worker drones, content to live in the smallest living space possible and have as few amenities as possible. If they could condition us all to simply stand in a cubicle and recharge during our down time (e.g. Borg drones from Star Trek), they'd have us do that. I do not know why all the pro-growth supporters on this forum cannot understand that.
And to replace us with more subservient, pliable and more "simple" voters who are easily placated with a bit of circus and bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 07:47 AM

989 posts, read 1,878,038 times
Understanding Today's Democratic Party

Diversity - Failure to assimilate or selective segregation.

Multiculturalism - Cultural enrichment through national suicide.

Progressiveness - Progress through perversity.

Tolerance - Welcoming your adversaries with open arms and unlimited welfare.

Political correctness - Fools trying to convince each other of their moral superiority
through the absurd misuse of our language.(Racism, phobias, haters, ad nauseum).

Liberalism - The philosophy of self-loathing, grasping, sniveling brats, and their career victims.

Far-right - Any position toward the political center from Marx-Engels.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:37 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,532,133 times
Holy hell. Who knew the LA board was so crazy. I thought this was a liberal city lol

And I thought people on the DC board were crazy!!

PS 23 million people losing their health insurance is a pretty important thing to a lot of Americans. I literally met someone two weeks ago that was becoming an Italian citizen so that they knew they had the peace of mind of knowing that they would be insured in case Trumpcare becomes law. She was a 5 time cancer survivor which is a "pre existing condition" under Trumpcare.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:15 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,186,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Holy hell. Who knew the LA board was so crazy. I thought this was a liberal city lol

PS 23 million people losing their health insurance is a pretty important thing to a lot of Americans. I literally met someone two weeks ago that was becoming an Italian citizen so that they knew they had the peace of mind of knowing that they would be insured in case Trumpcare becomes law. She was a 5 time cancer survivor which is a "pre existing condition" under Trumpcare.
Seems a little drastic. Why didn't she just get kaiser or another private ins like I did??

Old 07-17-2017, 12:48 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
“A modern-day lynch mob. They’re defending the (Ku Klux Klan). They’re Nazis,” cried Michelle Xai, an organizer from South Los Angeles, through a power bullhorn. “They’re stripping away women’s basic human rights.
Isabelle Cardenas of Refuse Fascism said she came because she was fed up with Trump’s regime. “They demonize. They persecute. They lock up and throw out immigrants who have built this country,” said Cardenas, 79, of East Hollywood.

Pro-, anti-Trump forces face off at Hollywood Boulevard star; 1 man arrested

Old 07-17-2017, 01:53 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post

And yet prior to 2010, before Obamacare, the country functioned normally without it.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:56 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,232,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
“A modern-day lynch mob. They’re defending the (Ku Klux Klan). They’re Nazis,” cried Michelle Xai, an organizer from South Los Angeles, through a power bullhorn. “They’re stripping away women’s basic human rights.
Isabelle Cardenas of Refuse Fascism said she came because she was fed up with Trump’s regime. “They demonize. They persecute. They lock up and throw out immigrants who have built this country,” said Cardenas, 79, of East Hollywood.

Pro-, anti-Trump forces face off at Hollywood Boulevard star; 1 man arrested
Wow, so much ignorance and lies from these protestors.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:38 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,987 times
Saw this first hand. I didn't vote for the guy (or her, for that matter) but the chants were pathetic. Most of the attendees were clueless, reduced to carrying signs that had no correlation to our administration.

The best part was a Trump supporter with a MAGA hat following them down the street with his thumbs down. He really got a rise out of the above attendees.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:31 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjtMRR_dvAU

Old 07-17-2017, 11:08 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Seems like every weekend now there is a protest in L.A

How come never any against local leaders ?
No protest against DWP pay hikes , road diets , city hall corruption accepting big bribes from developers , sanctuary city polices that make the city less safe?
Where's the protest against rising violent crime?
Protest against the homeless issue whice the Mayor promised to fix but it only got worse when he got into office ?

Sad how all these people are distracted with Trump and totally apathetic and ignorant about real stuff that's happening right in their own backyard .

Also wonder if they know what the definition of fascism is .

--
HOLLYWOOD >> Motorists planning to drive through Hollywood could run into traffic delays and streets closures Saturday as opponents of President Donald Trump gather for one in a series of protests being held across the country.

Participants in the protest are expected to begin gathering at 3 p.m. at Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in front of the Hollywood & Highland shopping center. There is also expected to be a circular march through the streets of Hollywood, with the procession ending back at Hollywood & Highland.

Refuse Fascism LA group to protest, march against Trump in Hollywood
It's hard to get L.A.'s activist types interested in local issues or even state issues. It was said that its easier to raise money for a New York Congressional candidate in L.A. than it is to raise money for someone challenging an incumbent on the city council. Look at how the white parts of town were filled with Elizabeth Warren for Senate stickers even though Warren was not running in California. That may be a function of how much of a one party state and city we are.

Trump Derangement Syndrome has truly reached the status of complete insanity in the self styled capital of the so called "resistance", a term that I find troubling, and which I fear is only going to lead to more and more violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles