Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:13 PM

337 posts, read 276,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
How did you become acquainted with the men you dated?
Usually online/dating apps. Sometimes at social events but not too often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Love how you ignored everything else I wrote. I don't want to settle for a jerk or a slacker. As I previously stated, I don't care what their salary is, etc, as long as they do something they enjoy. I also don't give a flying f what they drive--I come from families where people with the most money often drive the oldest, most beat up cars. And when I say most money, I'm talking Stepford.

Your successful friends must not have much self confidence or want to actually take a chance on an actual woman vs someone who will (most likely) ride their coattails.
You're wrong about my friends. You assume that men don't do a cost/benefit analysis or they are rejects. They're not rejects if they don't want a goldigger. You need to understand how men think and drop your emotions. And they can get someone in the sack after being bled; they all know the whole routine. But the problem is that biological clock and value in men's eyes, not to mention other avenues. Hint: devaluation is happening so you'll settle or stay alone.

Tick tock.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:21 PM

337 posts, read 276,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
You're wrong about my friends. You assume that men don't do a cost/benefit analysis or they are rejects. They're not rejects if they don't want a goldigger. You need to understand how men think and drop your emotions. And they can get someone in the sack after being bled; they all know the whole routine. But the problem is that biological clock and value in men's eyes, not to mention other avenues. Hint: devaluation is happening so you'll settle or stay alone.

Tick tock.
I don't think that's really true with men who have kids.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:32 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post

Tick tock.
What's with the tick tock? I don't want kids. Never have. I have no clock ticking. I also make that very clear, in my dating life. I'd also eventually like a life partner...but I don't need marriage, etc. No rush. You telling me to drop my emotions is hysterical, as well. I've had guys tell me I'm too logical and that I should show more emotions...I am a think with my head type of woman.

I now just find your posts hysterical since you know nothing about me. You are making assumptions...so based off that, I'm not 100% sure I'm wrong about your friends.

I'm also fully aware that men do cost/benefits analysis. And one persons idea of rejection is someone else's gain.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:34 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikithetiki View Post
If you want a fit, wealthy, and college educated partner ...
Honey, you have no idea what most men want.

Most men don't care about a woman's wealth. A male attorney or doctor will happily marry a waitress, secretary, or a retail clerk.

As for "college educated," you say that like it's a good thing. As if "college educated" means the woman is intelligent or well-informed. Not! Many idiot women think they're "smart" because they have a useless degree in some easy subject. And that includes idiot Ivy League "educated" women. A Harvard degree in gender studies doesn't mean you're "smart."

No, men don't pine for a wealthy, college-educated wife. They'll accept her, if she has other good qualities, but those two don't matter.

What most men want is a woman who's loyal, devoted, respectful, pleasant, emotionally supportive, and reasonably attractive. That's pretty much it.

By reasonably attractive, she doesn't have to be a 10. Just an average pretty face. Not overweight, not covered with tattoos and piercings, not trashy in dress or demeanor.

As for the rest, men want a woman who's loyal, devoted, honest. Who'll offer emotional support and encouragement through the tough times. Not bitchy, or angry, or ungrateful, or aggressive, or bossy, or whiny, or complaining, or fault-finding, or self-obsessed, or trash-talking, or gossipy.

And not obsessed with social media. In fact, if she has no social media accounts, and no smart phone -- that's gold.

"College-educated" women are common as dirt. The personality attributes I list, in modern women those are rare as rubies.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:55 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO JACKETS View Post
They do but to be fair so do the men.

Case in point I asked Stephy out and didn't even get a response! lol
'Cause Stephy bougie.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:53 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
As if "college educated" means the woman is intelligent or well-informed. Not! Many idiot women think they're "smart" because they have a useless degree in some easy subject. And that includes idiot Ivy League "educated" women. A Harvard degree in gender studies doesn't mean you're "smart."
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Although there is some debate if he actually said this or if it was somebody else...it gets the point across.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:17 AM

908 posts, read 1,303,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Honey, you have no idea what most men want.

Most men don't care about a woman's wealth. A male attorney or doctor will happily marry a waitress, secretary, or a retail clerk.

As for "college educated," you say that like it's a good thing. As if "college educated" means the woman is intelligent or well-informed. Not! Many idiot women think they're "smart" because they have a useless degree in some easy subject. And that includes idiot Ivy League "educated" women. A Harvard degree in gender studies doesn't mean you're "smart."

No, men don't pine for a wealthy, college-educated wife. They'll accept her, if she has other good qualities, but those two don't matter.

What most men want is a woman who's loyal, devoted, respectful, pleasant, emotionally supportive, and reasonably attractive. That's pretty much it.

By reasonably attractive, she doesn't have to be a 10. Just an average pretty face. Not overweight, not covered with tattoos and piercings, not trashy in dress or demeanor.

As for the rest, men want a woman who's loyal, devoted, honest. Who'll offer emotional support and encouragement through the tough times. Not bitchy, or angry, or ungrateful, or aggressive, or bossy, or whiny, or complaining, or fault-finding, or self-obsessed, or trash-talking, or gossipy.

And not obsessed with social media. In fact, if she has no social media accounts, and no smart phone -- that's gold.

"College-educated" women are common as dirt. The personality attributes I list, in modern women those are rare as rubies.
Agreed. This goes across the board regardless of location.

In LA, if you're a wealthy guy who just wants the trophy girlfriend/wife and don't care if that person can carry much of a conversation and/or is emotionally supportive, that market is there. But there are also a fair number of good-looking women who are of substance. You have to be targeted in your search. It's fine to have high expectations as long as you're willing to accept that you're going to need to work harder and smarter to find someone who meets those expectations, and that it may take a while.

Dating is not easy and you have to look beyond typical social gathering locations and online platforms. There are various professional/networking events and hobby-based meetup groups with interesting, wholesome people. Maybe that means having to drive out of core LA into some suburban areas to expand your search.

The bottom line is that dating is a market. Sure, sometimes there can be a supply/demand imbalance that makes finding a partner more difficult for one gender over the other. Ultimately, it's hard work and you have to look at it as batting practice. Sometimes, you strike out but if you keep going to bat and refine your search process to find someone who meets your expectations, your chances of success will improve.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:33 AM

101 posts, read 137,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikithetiki View Post
I was talking in general, I never said that is what all men want. One poster accused Stephy of having too high of expectations, I simply responded that having high expectations isn't unreasonable as long as you yourself can match those expectations.

As for the rest of your post, I don't particularly agree. Most people marry within their social class, the Cinderella cases are few in far between. I sincerely doubt for example that a blue blooded Ivy League educated wealthy banker would choose to marrry a trailer park high school dropout even if she was beautiful. Most men that fit the description I described seek out women with a similar background to them simply because those women are more likely to share a common ground with them.

Of course though most men would choose poor loyal woman over a rich bossy one, most people regardless of their gender don't like rude, bossy and aggressive people.
Everyone I know has married people of their same general social status. I know some successful guys who dated more trophy wife type women but when they actually settled down it was with a successful woman. I have trouble dating non-professional women because otherwise world views tend to be very different.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:04 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
My LA single straight male friends say life is great. There is no shortage of dating companions who

a) chronically choose the wrong type of man
b) have terrible judgment
c) have poor decision making skills

Say, for example, someone like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
She also cannot find a long term guy--she shoots down all the "good" guys and goes for the scummy ones with money, but who treat her like crap (and most of them aren't even slightly good looking!)
What's not to like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
If a woman is fake, shallow, materialistic and spoiled, why would you even want to date her?
Uh, that must be a trick question.

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 07-22-2017 at 10:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles