Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:35 PM
SWV SWV started this thread

445 posts, read 1,337,062 times

Advertisements

Cities that remind you of LA..

Like Beaches, Population, Attractions, Climate..

I want to know because I'm looking at L.A as a future place to live but I want to know what cities remind you of L.A..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 11:59 AM

705 posts, read 3,297,250 times
Los Angeles is probably the most unique city in the world. You wont find anything else that matches Los Angeles. For example, Los Angeles has the beach, the mountains, the valley's and the hills all in one. To add to that, c'mon Los Angeles has Hollywood and is referred to the entertainment capitol of the World. There is no comparison.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:15 PM

23 posts, read 30,205 times
Mexico City & Sao Paulo.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:41 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,315 times
Miami reminds me a little of Los Angeles. No, theres no mountains obviously, but the sunshine, palm trees, the people, nightlife and etc. IMO this place reminds me a lot of L.A. But Miami's only a fraction of what Los Angeles is really like.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM

39 posts, read 152,187 times
surekRZA, your comment is very typical of someone from L.A.. There's no comparison. What about Hong Kong and Tokyo. Hong Kong is a city with a world reknowned transportation system and easily the wealth of L.A.. Your crazy to say there is "no comparison". So single minded and unopen; you can just tell it in your writing. Give me a break. There is no comparison alright, because it's not a city. It's a group of unplanned suburbs. BTW, hollywood is quickly looking for ways to outsource most of the industry. It's become too expensive in L.A. to film anything. Sure they still do it, but it will be very different in 20 years; that's a guarantee! On the other side of thing, companies are leaving faster than they are coming in most industries. NYC is definitely a comparison with it's own pluses and minuses. I'm sure there are plenty of New Yorkers who say the same crap; our cities the best.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevorilla View Post
surekRZA, your comment is very typical of someone from L.A.. There's no comparison. What about Hong Kong and Tokyo. Hong Kong is a city with a world reknowned transportation system and easily the wealth of L.A.. Your crazy to say there is "no comparison". So single minded and unopen; you can just tell it in your writing. Give me a break. There is no comparison alright, because it's not a city. It's a group of unplanned suburbs. BTW, hollywood is quickly looking for ways to outsource most of the industry. NYC is definitely a comparison with it's own pluses and minuses. I'm sure there are plenty of New Yorkers who say the same crap; our cities the best.
Single minded and unopen??
By saying that there is no comparison to Los Angeles, Im stating that there is no city out there that looks or has everything that Los Angeles has in one. I never said "Los Angeles is the best city in the world" you retard. Theres probably no single city that can say it's better than ALL of them. They all have their strenghts and weaknesses. Yes, I have pride in my city and you seem like the typical outsider who can't make it out in L.A.
Not everyone can make it in L.A. or N.Y.C just get over it. If Los Angeles isnt a city, then it wouldn't be on the list of Alpha world cities would it?

Old 01-11-2008, 04:55 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,842,631 times
Man, it's tough to be an LA supporter on this forum... so many haters out there! I can't think of a specific city that is really similar to LA... it would have to be multi-nodal, coastal, mountainous, year-round climate, diverse...

Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 PM

glad you need to lash out and call me names; typical L.A. citizen. Enjoy your city. No one in other states thinks of L.A. as a city that really has it together. They think San Fran or San Diego. I give you cudos for enjoying it though. I'm not what you think I am, but I don't like your city. Sorry dude, but I'm not the only one. Get used to it. btw: I've made it here and many other places.

I can think of several cities that offers everything Hollywood needs to shoot these films; that's why they are!
Sydney and Vancouver are two of them, and they are a lot cleaner...

Last edited by stevorilla; 01-11-2008 at 05:58 PM..

Old 01-11-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevorilla View Post
glad you need to lash out and call me names; typical L.A. citizen. Enjoy your city. No one in other states thinks of L.A. as a city that really has it together. They think San Fran or San Diego. I give you cudos for enjoying it though. I'm not what you think I am, but I don't like your city. Sorry dude, but I'm not the only one. Get used to it.
Typical L.A. citizen?
how about typical human being?

Im sorry but your posts are histerical. Learn how to spell "kudos" and make sense when you write. "I'm not what you think I am, but I don't like your city."?
Sorry to break it to you but we are the second largest city in the country, perhaps not everybody dislikes Los Angeles.

Los Angeles Scores High As Alpha World City

News | TimesDaily.com | TimesDaily | Florence, Alabama (AL) (http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=NEWS&template=wiki&text=global_ci ty - broken link)

Old 01-11-2008, 06:12 PM

Surek, your the man. Los Angeles is the best city on the planet. I love Los Angeles. Everyone loves Los Angeles. Woo Hoo.

must have taken you a long time to google ; Florence Alabama and ideamarketers. Nice sources. lol.

Last edited by stevorilla; 01-11-2008 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles