Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 AM

26 posts, read 105,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I'm non-Armenian, L.A. native and I like Glendale and Armenians. My opinions of Armenians is this... they are typically loyal to their family and other Armenians, hard workers, shrewd business negotiators, love brand names and nice cars (check out the car washes in Glendale... you'd think you were in Bev. Hill), they are clean, take pride in their work/neighborhood and culture, and after a generation or two they become just as American as the rest of us but they still keep touch with their roots. I love Armenian food (Zanku's anyone?). I think they are a good group of people that L.A. needs. I've never met a lazy Armenian. I personally never felt out of place in Glendale but then again... I don't dwell on those sort of things.
Could not agree more!!!! I miss Zanku's!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 01:18 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,899,404 times
I mostly go to Glendale for the food. Its not just Zankou Chicken, but Elena's and Chicken Al-Wazir.

Zankou Chicken - The best chicken in town at any price: moist, juicy and fragrant.

Elena's Greek Armenian Cuisine - Glendale - Glendale, CA 91205

Eating L.A.: My cheatin' heart: Chicken Al-Wazir

I would marry an Armenian just for the food.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:59 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,389,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
there gangs dont like mexican gangs.

but then again who does?
Personally I don't like any gang. Perhaps if parents were a little more involved in Juniors life he wouldn't need to be a part of a gang.

I worked in Glendale in the late 1990's. Back then the locals were concerned about the Asian influence.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,993,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
I mostly go to Glendale for the food. Its not just Zankou Chicken, but Elena's and Chicken Al-Wazir.

Zankou Chicken - The best chicken in town at any price: moist, juicy and fragrant.

Elena's Greek Armenian Cuisine - Glendale - Glendale, CA 91205

Eating L.A.: My cheatin' heart: Chicken Al-Wazir

I would marry an Armenian just for the food.
Oh man!! Those are some good places. I also have to add my personal favorite Carousel Restaraunt on Brand as well. Best Middle Eastern food ever.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,774 times
Default actually...

If you are someone who LOVES to party, and I mean REALLY party haha then don't move to glendale. IT IS SUCH A BORING PLACE! If you are the type of person who loves clubs and bars then don't even bother with glendale because we don't have all that fun adventure=] The only hang out spot that I know of that young people like to spend their evenings is at MINX-the lounge, and the top of the hilton. People love to go hang out there.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 PM

938 posts, read 4,097,850 times
I wouldn't doubt it.

Elements of the Armenian population are very arrogant, chauvinistic and aloof. Many more are spoiled by empty, superficial American notions such as greed, glitz and glamour.

However ! Not all Armenians are like this. I'd say the majority of pleasant god-fearing souls who seek to etch a better living than that of their's back home. Oh yeah, the food and coffee is AMAZING....also, nightlife and restaurants staying open late thanks to their enormous influence and gorgeous women are all pluses

Old 01-14-2009, 02:55 AM

4 posts, read 7,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
I wouldn't doubt it.

Elements of the Armenian population are very arrogant, chauvinistic and aloof. Many more are spoiled by empty, superficial American notions such as greed, glitz and glamour.

However ! Not all Armenians are like this. I'd say the majority of pleasant god-fearing souls who seek to etch a better living than that of their's back home. Oh yeah, the food and coffee is AMAZING....also, nightlife and restaurants staying open late thanks to their enormous influence and gorgeous women are all pluses
Yeah, you're kinda moronic. And I'm not just saying this based on your post, I clicked your blog in your profile. Why do you live in L.A.? You think you're better than people from different cultures, but you go around L.A. photographing them. "Elements of the Armenian culture........." REALLY? I know most of that opinion is based on what you have seen; teens driving around in expensive cars. Well that's what I'm basing my opinion about you on, from what I've seen on your blog and posts.

Oh yeah, your photography is crap, its all cliche.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:01 AM

938 posts, read 4,097,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
Yeah, you're kinda moronic. And I'm not just saying this based on your post, I clicked your blog in your profile. Why do you live in L.A.? You think you're better than people from different cultures, but you go around L.A. photographing them. "Elements of the Armenian culture........." REALLY? I know most of that opinion is based on what you have seen; teens driving around in expensive cars. Well that's what I'm basing my opinion about you on, from what I've seen on your blog and posts.

Oh yeah, your photography is crap, its all cliche.
Oh?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...k-like-pt.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...-ethiopia.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...-must-see.html
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...like-must.html

Old 01-14-2009, 08:11 PM

27 posts, read 95,708 times
Default Glendale?

My advice to anyone is this: only move to Glendale in order to avoid living on the streets. In other words, if you are desperate, and have no where else to go, perhaps, consider Glendale. Hence, Glendale is the worst place I have ever lived. I got seduced by the cheap apartment prices. There is a reason that there are so many cheap vacanys out here. Please don't make the same mistake I did. You will feel like your living in the middle east. Try Burbank--much better vibe!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,951 times
Default The good, the bad and the ugly about Glendale

Hey whitechocolate - here's the low down on Glendale. Great place to live, beautiful and safe neighborhoods. We moved to Glendale in 2004 and have not regretted the move at all. BUT - if you have children, Glendale's public education system is not up there on test scores. You'll find many non-Armenians sending their kids to private schools. In fact, many Armenians, wanting to preserve their culture, often send their kids to Armenian schools.

The Armenian community can be a bit obnoxious. They're great when you frequent their restaurants and/or stores, but as neighbors they pretty much will ignore you if you don't speak Armenian. Also, there's a huge movement in Glendale to stop mansionization as there's a tendency by Armenians to knock down beautiful Spanish homes and replace them with monstrous/hideous homes. Go figure- to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles