Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 11:47 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,208,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post

America is the extreme outlier, and it's time for us to ask what we're doing wrong and fix it.
Let’s see, a good start would be stop encouraging and REWARDING the scum class’ excessive breeding

Old 12-16-2017, 11:55 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,654,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Let’s see, a good start would be stop encouraging and REWARDING the scum class’ excessive breeding
Personally, I am all for population control in general, but the gop's anti-abortion and anti-birth control BS is not helping matters.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:56 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,136,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
The problem is with punishing the "scumbags", you,re punishing those who truly need the programs and would use them in an honest way to help themselves.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,253,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
That's right, all those toddlers on food stamps and all those 80 year olds whose social security and savings can't keep up with their health care costs and all those people who've been bankrupted due to major illness and astronomic health insurance deductibles need to go get jobs and pay for their own $hit!
Yeah, if only the government would back the F off of healthcare, it'd actually become affordable. But let's keep all regulations and controlling democrats love because that's definitely working out.

Quote:
That's his line of thinking until he's at the receiving end of life's boot..
Never going to happen because I was raised by quality parents. When I retire, instead of taking food stamps like the buffoon above, I'm gonna be sitting on millions of dollars.

want to solve poverty?

STOP BREEDING.

Obama has literally managed to destroy this country. Thank the universe Trump is in power. He's literally the last man standing in the West.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:42 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,136,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
Yeah, if only the government would back the F off of healthcare, it'd actually become affordable. But let's keep all regulations and controlling democrats love because that's definitely working out.

Never going to happen because I was raised by quality parents. When I retire, instead of taking food stamps like the buffoon above, I'm gonna be sitting on millions of dollars.

want to solve poverty?

STOP BREEDING.

Obama has literally managed to destroy this country. Thank the universe Trump is in power. He's literally the last man standing in the West.
The destruction of the country was decades in the making.

Yes, trump is in power. The man who is allowing things like net neutrality to be destroyed.

And I don't think your parent's did a good job. They seem to have pumped you full of arrogance.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:45 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,654,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

want to solve poverty?

STOP BREEDING.

Congrats on choosing to be born to high quality parents, if only everyone else was that smart.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:55 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,685,437 times
Ever noticed the appearance of those in congress. Does the representative of a district let you know about the income of that district? I noticed this morning a well educated person speaking from a republican district who looked healthy and then the next person was a democrat that looked like he had one foot in the grave. Do people vote for people like themselves?

I understand that poverty can sometimes not be helped but cleanliness is a matter of choice. You don't have to be poor and dirty unless health prevents your cleaning things up.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:03 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,253,671 times
Quote:
The destruction of the country was decades in the making.

Yes, trump is in power. The man who is allowing things like net neutrality to be destroyed.

And I don't think your parent's did a good job. They seem to have pumped you full of arrogance.
ever wonder why you're poor? this is why. you're basically incapable of critical thinking.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:13 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,782,865 times
San Diego is becoming the land of the rich and poor. Our homeless population is out of control. We have the 4th highest homeless population in the country, with sky high housing prices, low wages, not enough higher paying jobs has created a situation where many people that move here with money, are not actually working a day job,,but rather have other investments or work from home so the many jobs in SD isn’t career based but rather in low-moderate paying industries that don’t pay even close enough to what rents and homes are going for.

At least in the Bay Area and L.A. there are many different kinds of career based jobs that offer better opportunities for people and the wages are much higher for similar jobs compared to SD.

The middle class Californians have it extremely hard right now and I honestly don’t understand why they put up with it.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,491,431 times
Quote:
One thing that gets me about that article is he says that poverty is a failure of society. That's only half right. What about people who fail their society?

A lot of those people on skid row are there because THEY FAILED IN THEIR OBLIGATIONS TO SOCIETY AND IT WAS THEIR CHOICE TO DO SO.

Take note that there are other honest hardworking people out there living on the edge. They're the ones being failed by society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles