Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 10:15 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,179,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
No amount of money will solve the problem, therefore it is a waste that any money be spent in the first place.
I think that money's long gone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 10:19 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,179,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The money being spent goes to the developers . The ones that are buddies with the politicians .

$448,500 per unit to build affordable housing is a joke.

To house 40,000 it would cost 17920000000

“It currently costs an average of $448,500 to build a single new affordable housing unit in the city of Los Angeles”

Los Angeles Wants to Make Housing Affordable by Making it More Expensive - Hit & Run : Reason.com
I heard in SF there converting tough shed tool sheds to homeless housing. Why dosn't LA do that??? Why is everything such a production and process. They said themselves this is a emergency and nobody's doing a dam thing

Old 03-25-2018, 10:55 AM

872 posts, read 595,600 times
Do you remember the igloo idea? They were destroyed and covered with feces and turned into drug and Wh...re houses right quick
Unsupervised criminals gets you ....

Old 03-25-2018, 11:05 AM

872 posts, read 595,600 times
Now I 'member! T'was called the dome village- so long ago and such an expensive and inhumane act by the lefties --I guess they won't be happy unless there's a lot more helpless, hopeless souls

Old 03-25-2018, 05:23 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,138,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Now I 'member! T'was called the dome village- so long ago and such an expensive and inhumane act by the lefties --I guess they won't be happy unless there's a lot more helpless, hopeless souls
I remember them! They looked like white oversized dog houses.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:29 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times
Liberals have proven they aren’t willing or able to actually do anything about the homeless issue .
Now Garcetti says it can be fixed in 10 years? What a joke !

Old 03-25-2018, 10:18 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,112,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Liberals have proven they aren’t willing or able to actually do anything about the homeless issue .
Now Garcetti says it can be fixed in 10 years? What a joke !
Thats true, they had 8 years with control of the presidency and the congress? Or did they just have the presidency and barely the senate?

The only way to significantly reduce homelessness is by significantly raising corporate profit (and wages/bonsus/capital gains) taxes to 90% over a certian amount.

There is no other way, the money has to come from somewhere.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:58 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,971,365 times
The homeless problem in OC is coming to a boiling point, and Los Angeles won't be far behind.
The politicians in the OC want to create tent cities in Irvine, which is not sitting well with residence.

The camps I spoke of earlier, are still there in three places in California.
They should be put to use by the state, for the homeless.
This is just one of them.
I believe this one is in Northern California.

The country felt this was the lowest time in the history of this country, when these camps were used to house the Japanese during WWII.
True, that action was shameful, but now these camps could, and should serve a humanitarian effort, and they would serve a useful purpose, in direct contrast the to the hateful reasons they were built in the first place.
However you look at it, these caps would be a win, win, for all concerned.
Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
The Los Angeles Homeless Containment Thread-151123-takano-internment-camp-tease_wjnwwu.jpg  

Old 03-25-2018, 11:29 PM

42,843 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The homeless problem in OC is coming to a boiling point, and Los Angeles won't be far behind.
The politicians in the OC want to create tent cities in Irvine, which is not sitting well with residence.

The camps I spoke of earlier, are still there in three places in California.
They should be put to use by the state, for the homeless.
This is just one of them.
I believe this one is in Northern California.

The country felt this was the lowest time in the history of this country, when these camps were used to house the Japanese during WWII.
True, that action was shameful, but now these camps could, and should serve a humanitarian effort, and they would serve a useful purpose, in direct contrast the to the hateful reasons they were built in the first place.
However you look at it, these caps would be a win, win, for all concerned.
Bob.
Which 3 camps? The only two remaining that I am aware of are Tule Lake which only has a few administrative buildings and foundations from the barracks. The other is Manzanar in Inyo County. It has a few restored barracks. Both are National Historic sites. I really can't see either one being turned into homeless camps, they would have to be rebuilt from scratch and I'm not sure how you would convince homeless people of the benefits of living in either one.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:07 AM

8,549 posts, read 10,971,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Which 3 camps? The only two remaining that I am aware of are Tule Lake which only has a few administrative buildings and foundations from the barracks. The other is Manzanar in Inyo County. It has a few restored barracks. Both are National Historic sites. I really can't see either one being turned into homeless camps, they would have to be rebuilt from scratch and I'm not sure how you would convince homeless people of the benefits of living in either one.
My mistake, there were only two, where you mentioned.

If they needed to rebuilt, the funds could come from municipal, county, state, and federal government .
It has never been a question of money, but will.
No one wants to do a thing to end the homeless problems in this country.
Politicians just out right don't want to deal with it, and wish it would just go away.
Well, it isn't going to go away, unless governments get together and fix it.
These camps would be a fix.

Homeless people , for the most part would welcome the camps.
Naturally some would refuse, but the majority would be in favor of a solid roof over their head, places for health care, emotional counseling,drug counseling, as well as job counseling,
Decent meals, clean facilities for bathing and relieving one's self.
There were 10 of these camps spread around the country, and I believe none are actually being used for anything useful.
It is about time that changes.

Orange county is a hot button community these days with the county supervisors mulling over a proposal to stick the homeless in a tent city in Irvine.
That is not going over well with the residence, and Huntington beach is also in the cross hairs.
There is a meeting tomorrow morning in Santa Ana, which I wish I could attend, but I have business in another part of the state tomorrow.
I will however try to contact the senior member of the board later in the day, and request a meeting with the board to discuss this proposal.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles