Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 10:29 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkingBlythe View Post
If the Bible is to be believed (I am an atheist, but this country claims to be "God fearing"), then this country
has hopped into bed with Satan.

All of this talk about putting homeless in concentration camps, all of the greed, money above men, corruption in the agencies that are supposed to "help" the homeless, and all of the self-entitled snowflakes (yes, I'm using that word) who think they can screw over people and take the most desirable land because they feel like they are somehow entitled to it because they have a whole bunch of shekels in their bank account just proves my point.

Even the non-religious would call all of this evil.

If there is a God, I hope he punishes all of the wicked people I see posting to this board and also those who are screwing over their fellow citizens left and right.

Whatever bad thing happens to you, whether it is God, Karma, people getting fed up and hunting for your hide, whatever, you had it coming. Hope you suffer bad.
It’s wicked to place mental ill people in a place and feed them and care for them in a location that is affordable? Weird logic .

Building in the Antelope Valley would allow the space and affordability that is not found in the city of L.A

Do you even live in L.A or another “homeless advocate” that doesn’t live here ..all the hardcore ones posting here don’t seem to live here .

What’s wicked is allowing people to rot on the streets and allowing innocent people to get harassed attacked by mentally ill .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 10:36 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It’s wicked to place mental ill people in a place and feed them and care for them in a location that is affordable? Weird logic .
Building in the Antelope Valley would allow the space and affordability that is not found in the city of L.A
Do you even live in L.A or another “homeless advocate” that doesn’t live here ..all the hardcore ones posting here don’t seem to live here .
What’s wicked is allowing people to rot on the streets and allowing innocent people to get harassed attacked by mentally ill .
Unless they are there voluntarily it is indeed wicked, and it's against the law. And stop with the "you don't even live in LA" thing because unless a moderator tells me otherwise I will continue to post in this or any other thread that I choose to.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Yeah exactly. We already have social workers going around to these homeless encampments offering them shelter and they refuse .
You live in LA, so why don't you go spend a night in a shelter and come back and tell us about it? You might find out why the homeless generally refuse to stay in those places.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:42 AM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Unless they are there voluntarily it is indeed wicked, and it's against the law. And stop with the "you don't even live in LA" thing because unless a moderator tells me otherwise I will continue to post in this or any other thread that I choose to.
Interestingly, the posters in this thread who claim to live in LA clearly know the least about homelessness at all ... they just know how to ridicule and kvetch.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
You live in LA, so why don't you go spend a night in a shelter and come back and tell us about it? You might find out why the homeless generally refuse to stay in those places.
Can you guarantee they will be willing to stay in a $350,000 unit ? Hmm? No you can’t .

There is an old saying beggars can’t be choosers.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Can you guarantee they will be willing to stay in a $350,000 unit ? Hmm? No you can’t . There is an old saying beggars can’t be choosers.
You're the only one here talking about $350,000 units so since you are a resident expert, you tell me. What I will tell you is that no matter how great of an idea you think it is, you cannot involuntarily relocate the homeless to Antelope Valley and no matter how many people whine and snivel about not being able to warehouse people against their will in the desert, it won't make it happen, so maybe it's time to talk about more rational and legal solutions huh?

Old 02-23-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
You're the only one here talking about $350,000 units so since you are a resident expert, you tell me. What I will tell you is that no matter how great of an idea you think it is, you cannot involuntarily relocate the homeless to Antelope Valley and no matter how many people whine and snivel about not being able to warehouse people against their will in the desert, it won't make it happen, so maybe it's time to talk about more rational and legal solutions huh?
Have you been to antelope valley ? It sounds like you haven’t . Again it’s still Los Angeles county.

I know people that live there . People with decent jobs and homes and stuff.

Why is it so horrible to think of the homeless living there ?

So someone comes in from the Midwest and lands in Venice beach

They have a right to housing right in Venice beach at $1000 sq foot?

Old 02-23-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Have you been to antelope valley ? It sounds like you haven’t . Again it’s still Los Angeles county.
I know people that live there . People with decent jobs and homes and stuff.
Why is it so horrible to think of the homeless living there ?
So someone comes in from the Midwest and lands in Venice beach
They have a right to housing right in Venice beach at $1000 sq foot?
Yes I have, I actually lived there. And there is nothing wrong with the homeless living there IF they want to. What you seem to believe is that you can build homeless camps then round up all the homeless and relocate them to the camp whether they want to go or not. If I'm wrong about that then please make it clear that you are talking about the relocation to these camps being voluntary and not forced.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Yes I have, I actually lived there. And there is nothing wrong with the homeless living there IF they want to. What you seem to believe is that you can build homeless camps then round up all the homeless and relocate them to the camp whether they want to go or not. If I'm wrong about that then please make it clear that you are talking about the relocation to these camps being voluntary and not forced.
So what if they want to live in a huge mansion in Beverly Hills ? We have to house them there because that is what they want ?

You are just sounding silly and unrealistic .

Old 02-23-2018, 03:00 PM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
So what if they want to live in a huge mansion in Beverly Hills ? We have to house them there because that is what they want ?

You are just sounding silly and unrealistic .
Read your first two lines above. Then consider who's sounding “silly and unrealistic.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles